Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony: We Are Ending Our Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by KD View Post
    Sad for the babies.

Three divorces, you're OUT!
    I'm nowhere near as sad for their two babies as I was for Marc and Dayanara Torres 3 kids when he dumped them all for that fake, gargantuan-assed heifer.

JHo is just reaping what she sowed.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Now this is bugging me. I can't remember which awards show performance creeped me out. Wasn't the 05 Grammy Awards.

They started in a semi-house set up, similar to the Grammy awards performance. Then they ended on a bridge thing. There was a lot of pantomimed arguing that really didn't seem faked and it creeped me out. At points he was almost throwing her around and it was just overkill. They were definitely dueting on a Spanish song.

Any ideas what show it was? I want to rewatch, just out of curiosity.

Elite Member

I wonder how much child support Marc Anthony's paying the mothers of his 3 other children. Not to mention the $3.4 million the IRS hit him with last December. He sounds shady, probably has a heap of financial troubles. He had major baggage when they met and although she was divorced, she had no real ties to any other man. Jennifer was basically single with no kids. His 3 other kids, his exes, a recording career that really hasn't taken off in years and controlling nature may have taken it's toll on her. Jennifer probably outgrew him.

Marc Anthony Is Working With The IRS To Pay Off Millions He Owes In Taxes | Celebrity Mound

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I wonder if the abuse rumors were true? He's such a skinny, little thing. I can imagine she would have been able to throw his skinny ass across the room if she wanted to.

Whatever the case, he always struck me as majorly creepy. I don't like her, but I dislike him even more. Maybe he'll go away forever now.
    Size has absolutely nothing to do with it. I'd bet he was abusing her mentally too.

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I'm nowhere near as sad for their two babies as I was for Marc and Dayanara Torres 3 kids when he dumped them all for that fake, gargantuan-assed heifer.

JHo is just reaping what she sowed.
    Sad for all the babies.

Remember that movie they made where all they did was snort coke, fuck, and beat the shit out of each other? Yeah.. that was ironic.

Elite Member

They were oddly matched. Marc's a recluse, doesn't like the spotlight. If it's not pertaining to his music he shuns it. He comes across friendly enough in interviews but it takes him a while to come out of his shell. Jennifer's definitely a people person, more touchy-feely, the extrovert. I don't think Marc really appreciated that either, he seemed uncomfortable with the lifestyle she wanted and how she sort of blended her private and personal life. Also, he was basically riding on Jennifer's name the last 2 yrs. After she had the twins she laid low career-wise but now that she released a new album and did this American Idol stint, what's he done? Sing duets with her, co-own the Miami Dolphins with her and is now coming out in this latin talent tv show along side her too? He hasn't done much that isn't attached to Jennifer! On top of his financial problems, I wouldn't be suprised if that bruised his male ego.

I'm not a big J.Lo fan, but I give her props for achieving what she has on her own. It's evident she's a workaholic. She wants to sing, dance, produce, make movies, make perfume, design, discover talent, open restaurants, etc...she lends her name to all sorts of things, the March of Dimes, L.A. Children's Hospital. She seems to have several projects going on at one time, all the time. Marc, he takes on a movie role or an album once every, what, 5 or 6 years? She seemed to have far more ambition & drive than Marc ever did. He seemed only interested in the status of having....her.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    She knew Marc was married when she began dating him in 2004. So this doesn't really surprise me. Homewreckers don't usually get happy marriages after they bed another woman's husband.

After 3 marriages on her part and 3 marriages and 5 kids from 3 different women on his part (Marc married his first wife twice), you'd think they'd TRY and make it work. J.Lo will find husband #4 in no time.
    Her first two marriages lasted only a year each, give or take. His one previous marriage lasted 3 or 4. Marc and Jennifer have been married to each other for 7 years; I'd say they did TRY to make it work. There's no sense in beating a dead horse.

People are saying they can't believe it lasted as long as it did but I am not one of them. They seemed to have more in common than any dude she'd been with before and seemed to be really into eachother.

This split surprised me.

If the abuse rumors are true, then good for her for getting out.

This adds very little to the conversation, except the 'sex talk'...which is frankly making me ill:

Are you thinking what we’re thinking? What’s the likeliest scenario that would cause Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony to end their marriage? Cheating – on his part. Apparently Jennifer chose to forget that when Marc was married to Dayanara Torres, he was cheating with J.Lo. Jennifer had gotten Ben Affleck’s stripper “hint’ and left him, and she confided to friends that Marc was “the best sex I ever had!” There’s no doubt that Marc has long been a ladies man and we just bet Jennifer caught him fooling around. Keep in mind Jen and Marc routinely record and perform together, are partners in several businesses together, and were planning to do a TV show together. It won’t be an easy split.

Janet Charlton's Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    If the abuse rumors are true, then good for her for getting out.
    If I were Dayanara Torres and those abuse rumors are true about him, I would have been thrilled when he left me to smack around someone else. I would've probably sent JHo flowers.

Team J-Lo. She has revived her career, is earning shedloads and looking great.

Marc Anthony was always out of her league but she wanted kids at one point and he was there at the right time. I have no doubt she helped him out of SOME of his precarious financial dealings. She probably thought he would always be tapping her for cash.

I keep hearing that they are slated to do a reality show together and as far as the reporters know, it is still on track. This could be interesting. What type of reality show are they planning?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^ "Our Big Fat Divorce?" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    If I were Dayanara Torres and those abuse rumors are true about him, I would have been thrilled when he left me to smack around someone else. I would've probably sent JHo flowers.
    I am trying to find anything re: abuse with Torres & Anthony but coming up empty. Anyone else have a source?

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I am trying to find anything re: abuse with Torres & Anthony but coming up empty. Anyone else have a source?
    I don't know anything about abuse rumors with Anthony and Torres, I was just working off the idea that - if he is one - he probably didn't just start being an abusive prick with JHo.

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information