Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Jennifer Lawrence: ‘I don’t trust a girl who doesn’t have girlfriends’

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm watching my daughter go through this right now. Mrs. Mohandas was a chaperone this week to our daughter and three other girls for a field trip to Mount Vernon. When the groups were formed, my daughter said to my wife that she was bummed about her group. My wife asked why and our daughter said because the other girls only like to talk about girly things. I asked her about it later, and said, "You're not interested in girly things?" And she replied, "No. I'm interested in nerdy things." Then, she reminded me that her best friends are these three little boys who are like right out of an elementary school version of Big Bang Theory. I know all of them, and they are great kids. I hope she stays with the nerds.
    Had a similar conversation in my house tonight actually. We've taught our kids "nerd" = awesome. Sadly, none of them are quite nerds. Sigh.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

<~~Proud mom of a nerd.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

<--- proud grown-up(ish) girlie nerd

Hit By Ban Bus!

Nerds are cool.
    Kittylady and Kathie_Moffett like this.

It is possible to be into girly stuff and be a nerd though. I am a girly girl and upon meeting me some people may think I'm ditzy but I am most definitely a nerd. I am a stay at home, read all day, studies black holes for fun nerd. My husband looks like a big handsome strapping jock (which he is) but he's also a scientist and a huge nerd. Like a doing complex math equations for fun nerd. Sometimes I quiz him using random math questions as we're driving just to see if he can answer them. Yup, we're nerds.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

I'm a sometimes get dressed up girly girl until my feet hurt so I go home early and put on pajama bottoms and a tank top and read whatever biography I'm obsessed with until my eyes tire and so I click on the TV and watch the History channel if they aren't talking about aliens unless it's an almost reasonable conversation about aliens then I get suckered in until I get sleepy because I've mixed ambien and wine AGAIN kind of girl. I don't know what box that puts me in.

PS my small circle of girlfriends mean the world to me. If the Mr said "me or your friends," I'd be single.

My sil and I have hundreds of trivia cards that we keep on hand. It's funny when we'll be at the bar and strangers start jumping in and answering the questions.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    It is possible to be into girly stuff and be a nerd though. I am a girly girl and upon meeting me some people may think I'm ditzy but I am most definitely a nerd. I am a stay at home, read all day, studies black holes for fun nerd. My husband looks like a big handsome strapping jock (which he is) but he's also a scientist and a huge nerd. Like a doing complex math equations for fun nerd. Sometimes I quiz him using random math questions as we're driving just to see if he can answer them. Yup, we're nerds.
    Similar here. My husband is an aerospace engineer (among other gigs) but looks like a viking rugby player. I love all manner of tomboyish stuff as well as books, sci-fi, LARPing (shhh), science, trivia, board games, and video games, but I also love the colour pink, interior design, makeup, knitting, crafting, and dressing up. I used to think I only liked to hang out with guys, but as a kid - and again in university and since - I loved/love having a few good girlfriends. It was really just my high school years where I convinced myself other girls weren't worth my time (had my own issues...), and I think I really missed out.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I have a gal pal who says "I'm on my thingy" instead of "I'm on my period"... I don't think she's gonna stay a pal for long... that kind of behaviour gets on my nerves...
    BelledeJour likes this.
    ex-LaFolie
    "I hear Chris Hemsworth's Oscar nominee announcements were dubbed by Marni Nixon" - Witchcurlgirl

^My supervisor calls it "her problem" and she says, "ugh I have my problem". When she says it, I get ENRAGED!
    Bellatheball likes this.

czb

^^^ that enrages you? because she calls it 'her problem' or because she tells you that she's having her period? i know i would not want to hear this kind of drek from my coworkers ....

Both
    Bellatheball likes this.

You don't get infuriated?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Both
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    You don't get infuriated?
    me?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information