Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Jennifer Lawrence: ‘I don’t trust a girl who doesn’t have girlfriends’

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I've been saying for a long time that her whole "I'm just like you!!!" spiel is manufactured and phony. She should really try something new at this point. But, to be fair, whether she changed up her whole "I'm so normal" thing or not, I probably still wouldn't like her. Something about her bothers me.
    She was cool at the start, but I'm tired her this story "im just like you" etc.
    Callalily likes this.

I still like her but the schtick is a bit old. I like how she was honest about being more closed off now due to fame.

As for the eating thing ... keep in mind where she lives and works. She's probably not talking about normal women who watch their weight but ano bulimics who think thinner means better, more beautiful, bigger career, etc. They probably think that because it's true. Jlaw works in an industry that demands women looked like starved ally cats and there are plenty of women wrecking themselves for a chance to make it in that industry. Meanwhile she comes along looking "porky" (/eyeroll) and makes it. I"ll bet she's withstood some pressure to lose weight and dealt with naysayers who said she'd never make it. I think her comments are in reaction to that industry and the pressure she's probably had to deal with.

I'm doubtful she'll hold out forever, though. She'll end up scrawny.

I hope she doesn't. She'll age overnight.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Today there were seven of us crammed around the table in the pub and my untrustworthy self was the only woman. That's how it is most of the time when I go out, and how it's been since I was building friendships as a kid. I guess I'll just have to somehow live with Jennifer Lawrence thinking I'm a natural born meanie.
    levitt, Brando, Rusalka and 3 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

She's been so hyped as the down-to-earth girl-next-door, the media back lash is bound to be round the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    I hate this interview. There's a lot I don't like about, but it's too late at night to go into. I will say, fuck you for not trusting people who don't have girlfriends. You have no idea why people do or don't have friends. As for me? I only have guy friends where I live. But that's by chance, and I really don't have many friends at all. It takes a lot for me to consider someone a true friend, and I don't think I could possibly have more than a handful in my life anyway. Circumstances dictate. It's not like I'm on a warpath against having friends who are girls, but it so happens that currently anyone who I'd said is a friend is a guy. I suppose I'm untrustworthy. I'd rather be untrustworthy than have a crowd of people around me who present all the right appearances for being "friends" but in actual fact are acquaintances who I have ony circumstantial connection to, and will never talk to again once those circumstances are gone.
    I completely agree with you.
    I've always been a loner and I felt awkward around people. This used to make me sad because I didn't have friends growing up but I don't give a fuck anymore.
    Rusalka, Honey, Belt Up and 2 others like this.

^We're very similar, palta.

Can't stand that tired trick.
    ex-LaFolie
    "I hear Chris Hemsworth's Oscar nominee announcements were dubbed by Marni Nixon" - Witchcurlgirl

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't like her, never have, never will.

I used to only have male friends, but when I moved to the Keys I found some wonderful female friends. We're all chill down here I guess.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ I've got nothing against the idea of forming/having close friendships with other women IRL but right now (and for most of my life) I've found it easier to get on with men. I guess it goes back to mostly being friends with boys when I was young because the girls my age were prissy bitches who'd freak at the idea of getting a smidge of dirt on themselves.
    BelledeJour likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I don't think she's bright enough for her "schtick" to be contrived. I get the impression that if a thought flits through her mind, it comes straight through her mouth. It's unfiltered and unchecked. A year or so ago, this was seen as unaffected, natural and charming. But as she's become over-exposed, it's becoming a tad wearing.

I have no issues with her comments on food, exercise, fashion or friends. (In fact, good for her if she's got longstanding friends - it's probably fairly unusual in her business.) As for her frequent falling over, I feel it's most likely because she's clumsy, unaccustomed to skyscraper red carpet heels and probably under the affluence of ilcohol, but who really cares? She's young, pretty, talented - and she'll learn to behave more conventionally and talk in boring old soundbites soon enough. Blah to that.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    ^^ I've got nothing against the idea of forming/having close friendships with other women IRL but right now (and for most of my life) I've found it easier to get on with men. I guess it goes back to mostly being friends with boys when I was young because the girls my age were prissy bitches who'd freak at the idea of getting a smidge of dirt on themselves.
    I'm watching my daughter go through this right now. Mrs. Mohandas was a chaperone this week to our daughter and three other girls for a field trip to Mount Vernon. When the groups were formed, my daughter said to my wife that she was bummed about her group. My wife asked why and our daughter said because the other girls only like to talk about girly things. I asked her about it later, and said, "You're not interested in girly things?" And she replied, "No. I'm interested in nerdy things." Then, she reminded me that her best friends are these three little boys who are like right out of an elementary school version of Big Bang Theory. I know all of them, and they are great kids. I hope she stays with the nerds.
    Kittylady and Bellatheball like this.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

I like Jennifer and I don't really think it's a "schtick" either. If anything she's just consistent when she gets asked the same questions over and over again. It's not hard for me to believe that a 23 year old girl from Kentucky who becomes famous, remains grounded. Maybe I'm just hopeful.

Regarding the friend thing. While I won't go as far to say that I "don't trust" women who aren't friends with other women, I will say that I find it odd. This is solely based on my personal experiences with women who don't have female friends. I often find that the women who say "I don't have girlfriends because I don't like the drama", are typically the one's causing it.
    Callalily likes this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Chelsea Handler is judging you.

I don't know, this buys her a lot:

CornFlakegrl, gas_chick and Trixie like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information