Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Thread: Jennifer Lawrence blasted for being rude to foreign reporter at 2016 Golden Globes

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Or maybe she is excellent on the casting couch
    lol yes...

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i'm probably alone here but i think she's a moderate to semi-terrible actress. i have no idea why she keeps getting all of this praise.
    I agree and I rolled my eyes at her Oscar nom this morning. I've only seen her in Hunger Games and American Hustle, so maybe that's not enough to judge but I don't see anything special about her acting. In American Hustle she looked like a little girl playing dress up in her mommy's clothes.
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

I really hope she doesn't win the Oscar!
    kasippu and Bluebonnet like this.

I don't really have the hate for her, but I must admit after I saw Silver Linings Playbook, didn't think it deserved all the acclaim, and I really didn't think her performance was Oscar-worthy. To me, the movie was a glorified rom com, with some mental illness thrown in for "seriousness"...
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Gold Member

She's totally sleeping with the right people. I don't get the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I don't really have the hate for her, but I must admit after I saw Silver Linings Playbook, didn't think it deserved all the acclaim, and I really didn't think her performance was Oscar-worthy. To me, the movie was a glorified rom com, with some mental illness thrown in for "seriousness"...
    I agree, I liked her when she first came out and seemed like a normal girl, then I saw Silver linings and was shocked that she won an Oscar for that! I don't think her talent deserves all the praise that she gets, there are far better young actresses than her imo.
    arie_skop and Mivvi21 like this.
    "I don't know what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time"

I don't care about Jennifer Lawrence one way or another but here's a reality check - she has four Oscar nominations and one win by the age of 25. Her awards nomination/win list is like 10 pages long. Longer than most actors who have been around three times as long.

Okay, back to the delusional hatefest!
    mostroop likes this.

I'll be honest I don't think Jennifer Lawrence needs to behave during interviews and with reporters she sometimes does. Telling off that journo was not her being funny or graceful at all. But I still like her acting. I watch a movie with her any day rather than watching something with wooden Emma Watson or Kirsten Stewart in it. I know that I'll always praise Jennifer Lawrence for how she brought Katniss in Hunger Games to life. Oh and in American Hustle she was one of the highlights of the movie.
    rollo and LastLook like this.
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLee View Post
    I'll be honest I don't think Jennifer Lawrence needs to behave during interviews and with reporters she sometimes does. Telling off that journo was not her being funny or graceful at all. But I still like her acting. I watch a movie with her any day rather than watching something with wooden Emma Watson or Kirsten Stewart in it. I know that I'll always praise Jennifer Lawrence for how she brought Katniss in Hunger Games to life. Oh and in American Hustle she was one of the highlights of the movie.
    I have to admit, "Easy A" with Emma Stone is one of my movie guilty pleasures.

And the one and only movie I've seen with Kristen Stewart in it was "Panic Room."

I'm interested to see what Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer have come up with. I'm hoping Judd Apatow is attached to the project in some way - otherwise, what they wrote would probably be a movie-long version of their Globe presentation together (just watching the two of them having an two-hour conversation with each other).
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Emma Stone is a great actress! I love her in Crazy Stupid Love, The Help and many more. No I don't like Emma Watson from Harry Potter as an actress, Think she sucked as Hermione. And she is pretty shitty in her other movies too (like Noah). Although I hope that I will like her in her two latest ones (but I doubt it). Kristen Stewart was terrible in that Snow White film, because she can only play in one certain way and that's boring after a while.
    No, no, NOOO. Of course he's not the boy's father. Look at the turn ups on his jeans!

J.Law is a good actress. With the right material, she is phenomenal. But she's letting the hype go to her head and it's starting to make her unlikeable.

Anne Hathaway Wants Everybody To Leave Jennifer Lawrence Alooooooooooone
    January 15, 2016 / Posted by: MichaelK

And I need to leave your eyeballs alooooone, because I am not right for posting this picture of Anne Hathaway cackling before using her Stonehenge ass teeth to chomp on your soul.

Anne Hathaway’s Oscar campaign for Les Miserables was about as annoying as a flea bite on your ass ring and it turned the Internet against her. Since Anne Hathaway knows what it’s like being the MOST HATED WOMAN ON THE INTERNET, she is defending her fellow privileged rich movie star Jennifer Lawrence. JLaw got the “mega asshole” label stamped onto her forehead at the Golden Globes after she slapped down a reporter in the press room. The reporter asked her a question and she stopped to tell him to stop looking at his phone, bro. I thought that he was reading his question off of his phone, but the word is that he was taking pictures and video of her and wasn’t making eye contact. JLaw wasn’t into that so she let a trick have it. We’ve all pretty much moved on from it, but not Anne Hathaway. The original Jennifer Lawrence posted this note to you, the Internet, on Facebook:

Dear the Internet,

It’s become pretty clear that the Jennifer Lawrence “scolding” was taken out of context and that she was dryly joking with a journalist who was indeed using his phone to take photos of her.

Let’s not continue the sad but common practice of building people – especially women- up just to viciously tear them down when we perceive them to have misstepped. Jennifer is a beautiful, talented, wildly successful, popular, FOUR TIME OSCAR NOMINATED young woman. Please let us not punish her for these things. Sincerely,

A J-Law fan
    ‪#‎supportstrongwomen‬ ‪#‎imwithher‬ ‪#‎whycantwegiveloveonemorechance‬
    Did Anne Hathaway Kanye-size the part about Jennifer Lawrence being a FOUR TIME OSCAR NOMINATED actress, because when someone is nominated for an Oscar, they become an untouchable God and we must bow down to them? Or did she mean it in a “Can you believe that 25-year-old has four Oscar nominations while I, a triple threat thespian, only has 2?” sort of way?

And while reading Anne Hathaway’s defense of Jennifer Lawrence, I kept waiting for her to summon the eye rolls by sounding like your melodramatic auntie who always posts ~inspirational~ quotes on Facebook. She waited until the very end but she did it with: #whycantwegiveloveonemorechance. I bet she sang that hashtag too.

Pics: Splash

Tags: Anne Hathaway, Girlfriend Please, Jennifer Lawrence, Yeah Okay

Dlisted | Anne Hathaway Wants Everybody To Leave Jennifer Lawrence Alooooooooooone
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Jennifer is a beautiful, talented, wildly successful, popular, FOUR TIME OSCAR NOMINATED young woman. Please let us not punish her for these things.
    She's hardly being punished for being beautiful, talented, etc. She's being called out for being a bitch. typical celebrity defense: you are all just bitter-jealous - not nominated - fatties.

Jlaw needs to re evaluate her personality if Hagaway is defending her.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I have never gotten the Anne Hathaway hate either.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I have never gotten the Anne Hathaway hate either.
    I guess to the masses she comes off as pretentious and "snobby."
    To me, Anne is another one of those actresses that are just... there.
    She has talent - does a better job than most, but I'm not running to theaters to see a movie just because Anne Hathaway is in it.

Someone wrote an article about not getting the Anne Hathaway hate, and even compared it/her to the JLaw love/hate.
    The author also mentions this board in the article, we're famous! :
    Anne Hathaway: The Most Horrible Person Who's Ever LivedÂ*|Â*Douglas Anthony Cooper
    RobbieLee and arie_skop like this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information