Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
Like Tree511Likes

Thread: Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux are engaged

and that's just the money he's made himself. he was born into old money.
    Waterslide likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

I honestly doubt Jen would pick that ugly, gaudy ring for herself. It's worse than the cloudy monstrosity Stephen Moyer bought for Anna Paquin, and that's saying something.

Is Jennifer Aniston'sengagement ring TOO BIG? Eight-carat diamondis branded 'gaudy' and 'a showpiece' by style experts

• The huge emerald-cut stone is more similar to the size and weight of a cocktail ring than a traditional engagement ring
    By Tamara Abraham

PUBLISHED: 00:16, 9 October 2012 | UPDATED: 15:20, 9 October 2012
    Jennifer Aniston is known for her understated style. But the huge engagement ring she has been seen wearing in New Mexico is anything but.

The actress, 43, this weekend offered a first glimpse of the sparkler that Justin Theroux gave her when he proposed in August on his 41st birthday.

However some stylemakers have deemed the ring 'gaudy', finding fault with its impressive size.

It is not yet known who designed the ring, however the emerald-cut diamond is believed to be a staggering eight carats, making it more akin to a cocktail sparkler than a traditional engagement ring.

First glimpse:Jennifer Aniston, pictured in Santa Fe, New Mexico this weekend, showed off the huge engagement ring that Justin Theroux proposed to her with in August

Sparkler: The emerald-cut stone is believed to be a staggering eight carats

IndeedTheEngagement Experts told MailOnline that the reported carat weight is more suitable for a quartz cocktail ring than an engagement ring that can be worn every day.

More...

But while many women would be delighted at that comparison, one style expert, who declined to be named, offered a rather more withering verdict on the ring.

'Jennifer's engagement ring is valuable, for sure, but a stone that size is not exactly sophisticated,' he told MailOnline.
    'It looks like it belongs on the hand of a Real Housewife. This ring is completely at odds with Jennifer's clean and elegant look'

'In fact, one might argue that it is downright gaudy. It looks like it belongs on the hand of a Real Housewife. I love Jennifer's clean and elegant aesthetic - but this ring is completely at odds with that.'

The Engagement Experts said that without seeing the diamond or a gemologist certificate, it is difficult to establish a value, but all diamonds are valued according to 'the four Cs': cut, clarity, colour and carats (size).

However Ms Aniston's 'showpiece'is likely to be particularly special, thanks both to its extraordinary size and quality.
    Down time: The couple were spotted in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where Ms Aniston is currently filming

'An eight-carat diamond does not cost the same as eight one-carat diamonds,' they explained. 'As the carat size increases the price goes up exponentially because every carat added to a diamond's weight makes it that much rarer and that much more expensive.

'Additionally an emerald-cut diamond requires superior clarity because the large table [the flat surface at the top of an emerald-cut stone] will show flaws and inclusions more so than most of the other cuts.'

SIZE MATTERS: WHY JUSTIN CHOSE SUCH A LAVISH STONE

According to The Engagement Experts, Justin Theroux was likely under immense pressure to choose an extraordinary ring. They told MailOnline:

'It has the "wow" factor that it needed to have given the recipient and her history in the spotlight - especially concerning her personal life.

'That puts a ton of pressure on a guy and we completely sympathize with the predicament he must have faced.

'We can't think of anyone else out there whose engagement and ring would cause more hype and that just isn't fair on a guy who was likely already nervous about popping the question.

'In some ways the ring is exactly what it had to be - over the top, not comparable to anything else, and worthy of the attention it would inevitably get.'

The couple, who have been enjoying a break in Santa Fe where Ms Anistonis currently filming, got engaged in New York this summer, following an intimate dinner at the Blue Hill restaurant in Manhattan's Greenwich Village.

Shortly afterwards, a spokesman for Mr Theroux confirmed the news with the statement: 'Justin Theroux had an amazing birthday on Friday, receiving an extraordinary gift when his girlfriend,Jennifer Aniston, accepted his proposal of marriage.'

According to Life & Style magazine Ms Aniston was thrilled with the ring the actor presented her with.

A source told the title: 'She was so happy and said she loves the ring. I think she was overwhelmed and overjoyed by the size and beauty of it!'

Until now, Ms Aniston has been wearing a simple gold band to mark the engagement. It is likely that, like many newly-engaged women, she returned the ring to the jeweller so that it could be resized to fit her finger.

Meanwhile, the pair are reported to have chosen New Mexico as their wedding location.

A source told OK! Magazine: 'Jen has fallen in love with New Mexico, it has a very relaxed vibe that fits both her and Justin perfectly, so it would be a great place for them to have the wedding.

Read more: Is Jennifer Aniston's engagement ring TOO BIG? Eight-carat diamond is branded 'gaudy' and 'a showpiece' by style experts | Mail Online

I think little Justin is overcompensating for something with that humongo ring.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

'It looks like it belongs on the hand of a Real Housewife. This ring is completely at odds with Jennifer's clean and elegant look'
    That's why I doubt Jen had anything to do with picking it out. A tasteful antique ring, not necessarily a diamond, would have suited her better.

I think Jennay is overcompensating, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    It's worse than the cloudy monstrosity Stephen Moyer bought for Anna Paquin, and that's saying something.
    i like anna paquin's ring. it's intentionally rustic and 'rough' looking. some designers have started using grey and rough or barely cut diamonds to make jewelry, there's some really cool stuff out there and it's a nice change from the traditional engagement bling.
    Waterslide and twitchy2.0 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i like anna paquin's ring. it's intentionally rustic and 'rough' looking. some designers have started using grey and rough or barely cut diamonds to make jewelry, there's some really cool stuff out there and it's a nice change from the traditional engagement bling.
    This. And I say that as someone who loves antiques and estate piece jewelry for an engagement ring choices. I love this rough cut stuff. It's cool and different. And it comes full circle anyway - I think this is how people wore jewelry hundreds of years ago. Can't get more traditional than that.

I can't say whether I like Jen's ring yet or not because the picture is taken from way too far away. It might be incredibly huge, but it's not the gaudiest ring I've seen by a long shot.

I don't hate these two together that I know of. Might have to reread the thread. I always liked him in movies and he seems way more interesting than Brad Pitt.
    Last edited by Waterslide; October 9th, 2012 at 05:30 PM.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    That's why I doubt Jen had anything to do with picking it out. A tasteful antique ring, not necessarily a diamond, would have suited her better.
    But he's a "rebel" who wears his leathers with fake club patches. Naturally, he's going to pick a douchy ring that everyone can see in every papped photo.

Looks like a ring more fitting for Celine Dion than Jen, to me.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Well maybe the real Jennay is coming out because she is thrilled with her choice.
    kasippu likes this.

I can't believe bloggers and the sort are spending sooooo much time analyzing what Jen's ring means. Like, OMG, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!?

FFS, it's a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I can't believe bloggers and the sort are spending sooooo much time analyzing what Jen's ring means. Like, OMG, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!?

FFS, it's a ring.
    Well yes, but the ring might throw off Jennifer's "clean and elegant aesthetic". Then what are we all going to do?!?
    CornFlakegrl likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    This. And I say that as someone who loves antiques and estate piece jewelry for an engagement ring choices. I love this rough cut stuff. It's cool and different. And it comes full circle anyway - I think this is how people wore jewelry hundreds of years ago. Can't get more traditional than that.

I can't say whether I like Jen's ring yet or not because the picture is taken from way too far away. It might be incredibly huge, but it's not the gaudiest ring I've seen by a long shot.

I don't hate these two together that I know of. Might have to reread the thread. I always liked him in movies and he seems way more interesting than Brad Pitt.
    I have a booger collection that's more interesting than that douche!
    Waterslide likes this.

If he wanted to proof something with the ring or make a statement, he is going for biggest show off.

One ugly ring. He doesn't seem to have a good taste. (Haha)

Thread Information