Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Like Tree536Likes

Thread: Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux are engaged

Am I the only one that thinks he's hot?

I think he is good looking, but he does nothing for me. His legs are too short. Plus, I'm allergic to men in skinny jeans.
    laynes likes this.

I don't think he's super-hot, but he's not bad looking. I like the rat bastard and I like him with Jennifer. He appears to be a lot better fit for her than the guys since her divorce.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I'd totally fuck him. To get near his Uncle Paul.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^I would but to get near Cousin Louis. Actually, no I wouldn't, not even for Louis. Too greasy and the eyebrow makes me want to punch him hard.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

That ring is so fug I'm expecting her agent to tell the tabloids "No, it's just a prop from a movie she's filming."
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Bronze Member

Hi everyone, I'm sorry I'm one of those long time lurker people but I just had to post on that ring. I have no hate for Jenny, but I'm going to be shocked if that thing is a diamond. It looks like a giant white topaz cocktail ring that you find in stores that are too classy to case their jewelry and put them on cards instead on a rotating display. There I've said my piece, bye everyone, all of your posts are great!
    Laurent, Mesa and sprynkles like this.

That ring is awful. Just because its ginormous doesn't mean it is pretty.
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

fgg

Jen’s ring: 8 - 18 carats

I’m re-attaching the photos here. But click here for the initial post from yesterday about Jennifer Aniston’s engagement ring from Justin Theroux. Aniston’s publicist has confirmed to E! that that is indeed what we’re seeing. No other details have been provided which means all the entertainment news outlets have been reaching out to jewellers with no connection to Aniston to speculate about the size and value.

One expert estimates it to be between 8 and 9 carats and $500K. Another expert says it’s more like 12 - 18 carats. I’m not an expert but that seems like a really big discrepancy. Big seems to be the key word. Too big?

Since the pictures were released yesterday afternoon, that’s been the discussion -- is it too big to be tasteful?

That might be unfair. It’s really none of our goddamn business…only, well, they did stage these shots, didn’t they? Paps don’t hang out in big numbers in Sante Fe, New Mexico. And Getty Images (which is the agency representing these pictures) is labelling them “exclusive coverage”, a term that normally applies to an event to which they’ve been invited. Which means Jennifer and Justin have invited us to look. And in doing so, many of you feel that it’s obnoxiously over-the-top.

Drew Magary at Gawker certainly thinks it’s obnoxiously over-the-top. In an article called Your Giant Engagement Ring Looks F-cking Stupid, Drew Magary rages:

“When it comes to engagement rings, there is a fine threshold between beautiful and gaudy, and Aniston just hopped inside an IROC and made skid marks on that threshold. Take a look at Kim Kardashian's old rock and see if you disagree. It's just as tacky. When you wear a diamond that big, you're essentially announcing to everyone that A) You have no sense of subtlety when it comes to flaunting your wealth and B) You enjoy blinding small children. A ring that big tells people that you're willing to throw your spine out of alignment just so that people can see you toting a fucking crystalline boulder around on your hand.”

But I don’t think it’s just about the ring or the size of it. I don’t think Drew Magary would be quite as ragey if the ring belonged to, I dunno, Jessica Simpson. This is 100% a ring for Jessica Simpson. There’s no disconnect between this ring and what we know of Jessica Simpson. But is this ring you imagined for Jennifer Aniston? Jennifer Aniston who uniforms herself in little black dresses, prefers understated over tricked out, has worn her hair more or less the same way for over a decade, and is regularly admired for her “simple, relaxed elegance” -- is that the woman who’d choose this ring? This, I think, is what people are bumping up against: the mismatch between the ring and the wearer, or who you thought was the wearer.

The wearer of this ring is a LOOK AT ME girl. Or… maybe more accurately…the giver and the wearer of this ring are LOOK AT ME people. Like the Brange. Those two are definitely LOOK AT ME people. And Jen’s fans have always maintained that’s not her style. This ring pretty much pisses and sh-ts on that notion, non?

It’s a celebration, indeed. And I’ve been writing this for months -- Jennifer Aniston has really finally found a man who will play this famewhore game as enthusiastically as she does.

Lainey's Entertainment Update - Celebrity Gossip | Article Detail

pics at the link

i like her ring better than the outdated style that AJ got from brad.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Jennifer Aniston has really finally found a man who will play this famewhore game as enthusiastically as she does.

You don't say!
    greysfang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzyrose View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm sorry I'm one of those long time lurker people but I just had to post on that ring. I have no hate for Jenny, but I'm going to be shocked if that thing is a diamond. It looks like a giant white topaz cocktail ring that you find in stores that are too classy to case their jewelry and put them on cards instead on a rotating display. There I've said my piece, bye everyone, all of your posts are great!
    I agree, the thing looks tickity tack and like it came from the fashion jewelry spin rack at Wal-Mart.

Stick around and post with us some more!
    bizzyrose likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

yeah, there's lainey being all fair and nonbiased... fucking hack bitch!
    Waterslide and KrisNine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    They will actually be married for 5 years, then he'll star in a movie with Angelina...

I'd be interested in seeing the facets. Without that it looks like a blob.

I decided that I do not want her to marry him. He looks like another over grown boy/man who needs a lot toys. I get a bad feeling.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Has Justin Theroux done enough in his career to even be able to afford a rock that big? Or did he have to borrow the money from Aniston to buy it?

Justin don't do too bad:
    With an estimated net worth of approximately $10.5 million, actor/director Justin Theroux has a career in Hollywood that many other filmmakers would be envious of. But that net worth didn’t come about overnight. Theroux’s film debut came in 1996, when he made his film debut in the movie I Shot Andy Warhol. Since then, he’s made appearances in everything from the Strangers with Candy movie to two collaborations with David Lynch: Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire. In 2006, he directed his first film. Dedication premiered at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival and has received mixed reviews from critics. He’s continued to work as a director and screenwriter since then – most notably penning screenplays for the films Tropic Thunder and Iron Man 2, both of which demonstrate a deft blend of action and comedy.
    Justin Theroux Net Worth

As an actor, Theroux doesn’t appear as much as he used to, but he recently made a comeback of sorts in the David Gordon Green studio comedy Your Highness, starring Danny McBride, James Franco, and Natalie Portman, in which he plays an evil wizard. Theroux’s personal life could also be worse, especially since reports in 2011 surfaced that he was dating actress Jennifer Aniston.
    Waterslide likes this.

Thread Information