Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree511Likes

Thread: Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux are engaged

Elite Member

I think he's got a nice little thing going where he gets a lot of attention that he probably enjoys, but he manages to look as though it annoys him so he still (in his mind) looks cool and hip. Besides all the money, I think this is working pretty well for him.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Why is Jennifer Aniston hiding her engagement ring? She turns diamond into her hand

By Lizzie Smith
    PUBLISHED: 22:58, 20 August 2012 | UPDATED: 08:27, 21 August 2012

Ten days have passed since Jennifer Aniston accepted Justin Theroux's surprise proposal.
    But it seems the actress is in no rush to show off her engagement ring.
    A plain gold band has appeared on her ring finger over the last week, as she visited the cinema, picked up take-out and enjoyed her time off set in Wilmington, North Carolina.

Is this Jennifer Aniston's engagement ring? The actress has apparently turned the diamond into her hand to display only the gold band of the ring that she accepted from Justin Theroux last week

While Jennifer was happy to share the news of her engagement she appears to have turned her ring back-to-front to protect it from prying eyes.

More...

Love token: Aniston is said to be 'overwhelmed' by the huge diamond

She has also been keeping her left hand hidden in her pocket, perhaps using a second ruse to prevent any photographs been taken.

Theroux is said to have designed his fiancé's ring with the help of a jeweler friend. There has been wide speculation about his design, which Jennifer seems in no rush to settle.
    The 43-year-old is said to be 'overwhelmed' by her ring, with a source telling Life & Style magazine: 'It's a huge emerald-cut diamond.

'It's a rectangle with tapered diamond baguettes on the sides. It's beautiful. Just after Jen got engaged, she called all her friends and told them about it.

'She was so happy and said she loves the ring. I think she was overwhelmed and overjoyed by the size and beauty of it!'

Saving up for the big reveal: Jennifer is currently filming in Wilmington, where her ring has been on her finger as she enjoys time offset, getting take-out and walking with a friend

Hard at work: Jennifer is currently filming Meet The Millers in North Carolina, while her fiancé Justin Theroux is at home in Los Angeles

Theroux, 41, asked Jennifer to be his wife on his birthday, after a year of dating.
    A spokeswoman for Theroux, who is a cousin of British documentary-maker Louis Theroux, confirmed: 'Justin Theroux had an amazing birthday on Friday, receiving an extraordinary gift when his girlfriend, Jennifer Aniston, accepted his proposal of marriage.'

Since splitting with ex-husband Brad Pitt in January 2005, Aniston has had a series of short-lived relationships with a string of high-profile men, including Vince Vaughan, Bradley Cooper, John Mayer and Owen Wilson.

During her failed five-year marriage to Brad Pitt Jennifer sported a large swirly diamond and platinum engagement ring that he co-designed with jeweler Silvia Damiani.

The custom creation featured a round brilliant stone surrounded by different levels of spiraling diamonds.

It was based on a symbol of eternity, and was valued at around $500,000.

Her last ring: Brad Pitt presented Jennifer with this diamond sparkler, worth $500,000, back in 1999

Read more: Jennifer Aniston hiding her engagement ring? Gold band on her wedding finger as she enjoys time off from filming | Mail Online

They always overestimate the size and price.

It's a rectangle with tapered diamond baguettes on the sides.

Isn't that what Angelina Jolie is sporting', too?

Why is she hiding the precious? So she can sell the first pics for a mint?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It seems like a lot of guys propose on their birthdays, or the girl's birthday, Valentine's Day or some other holiday like Christmas or New Years.

My husband proposed on January 13th. A random weekday, it was a Monday, because he said he didn't want to wait for a special occassion or holiday. It was cute though.

My husband and I had been dating 4 years and had a 2 year old son, and I had told him he had until the end of that year to ask me to marry him or I never would. He asked me New Year's Eve when they started the count down. Truth be told, I wish he had asked another way, through the year, but I can't really complain because we did just celebrate 20 years together.
    Kittylady, stef and Bluebonnet like this.

^ what a procrastinator! that's hilarious!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

One thing that I dislike is when a couple gets married on one of their birthdays. The cynic in me thinks about the downside of having to share the day with would have been your wedding anniversary if it all goes tits up. That and if you stay together you have to share the attention with the other half when the day should be all about you!
    rollo and Salem like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Bronze Member

Maybe she doesn't want anyone copying it... you know how days after a celebrity ring is shown a replica hits some celebrity fashion site?

Maybe it just flipped around on her finger. Mine does that all time even though it fits me fairly snugly and is small.

Speaking of small, I found the way the article kept repeating how much Jennifer loves the size, size, size of the ring quite amusing. Almost seems as if there was some kind of subtext at work there, hm?
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

fgg

Enquirer: Jennifer Aniston’s mom is telling everybody that Jen’s preggo

As I predicted, at least one tabloid is going with a “Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux got engaged because she’s pregnant” storyline. The Enquirer is using those photos of Aniston looking food-baby-ish to somehow “prove” their story too. To the Enquirer’s credit, however, the way this story is framed actually made me question my insistence that JustJen’s engagement is not the precursor to a shotgun wedding. The Enquirer’s source on this is a “friend” close to Nancy Aniston, Jennifer’s mother. Nancy and Jennifer were estranged for years and years, for good reason – Jennifer’s mom wrote a really weird, crazy book about Jennifer, trying to profit from Jennifer’s early success on Friends. Well, Nancy and Jennifer eventually buried the hatchet, and now Nancy is telling people that Jennifer is knocked up and planning a shotgun wedding in Mexico. Thanks, mom.

Hot on the heels of Jennifer Aniston’s surprise engagement to Justin Theroux, her mom Nancy Dow dropped a bombshell – she’s going to be a grandmother!

Nancy said that Jen’s pregnant and that she and Justin would have a wedding soon in Mexico. She’s so beside herself over the news that she couldn’t resist spilling the beans,” said an insider. “Only a few days after Jen confirmed she and Justin are engaged, Nancy squealed to a few friends and family members, ‘I can’t wait – I’m finally going to be a grandmother!’”

An insider says, “Jennifer and Justin are throwing together a shotgun wedding. They plan to tie the knot in one of Jen’s favorite vacation locales, a beach in Mexico, and they’re going to do it before the end of the year. Nancy said that Jen doesn’t want to be showing too much on her wedding day.”

Months after Nancy suffered a stroke in September 2011, Jennifer promised her recovering mom a bundle of joy was coming soon. And while Jennifer banned her mom from her splashy, star-studded 2000 wedding to Brad Pitt, Nancy will be an honored guest at Jennifer and Justin’s nuptials, said the source.

“Justin has been instrumental in smoothing over relations between Jen and Nancy,” said the insider. “He even calls Nancy once a week to see how she’s feeling. He always tells her, ‘Jennifer loves you so much, and so do I.’ Jen knows that her mom’s health is deteriorating. So she’s thrilled to be sharing her wedding and baby happiness with her. Nike Nancy told her friends, ‘A grandchild is the best gift a grown child can give their mother.’”

[From The Enquirer, print edition]

“A grandchild is the best gift a grown child can give their mother” – God, that made me feel bad about myself. I try to be a good daughter, and I thought my mom was happy with the amethyst earrings I gave her for Christmas, but apparently I was supposed to give her a grandchild too. Ugh, I hate womb-shaming. As for this story… God knows. Whatever. The part that I really don’t buy is that Justin has suddenly become Mr. Let’s-Spend-More-Time-With-Your-Moms. That seems… out of character.

In Touch Weekly also has a decent JustJen story, this one about the alleged prenup. The Enquirer had a prenup story last week – which was basically about Jennifer knowing that she has a bad history with men, so she wanted to protect her assets. In Touch’s story basically says some of the same stuff, only their insiders say Jennifer’s advisors are really pushing her to protect her assets, and Justin is all for it. A “friend of Jen” says, “Justin wants her to feel protected. Justin has never been after Jennifer’s money.” Sure. The insider also gushes that Jennifer “feels so secure” with Justin and “he’ll do anything to make her comfortable.” I’ll say this – I don’t think Justin is in this relationship to marry Jen, divorce her and get a big payout. He’s not Casper Smart, for God’s sake. Justin is in it (partially) for the bigger prize: to be a part of a Hollywood power couple, to build up his career, etc.

celebitchy

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    My husband and I had been dating 4 years and had a 2 year old son, and I had told him he had until the end of that year to ask me to marry him or I never would. He asked me New Year's Eve when they started the count down. Truth be told, I wish he had asked another way, through the year, but I can't really complain because we did just celebrate 20 years together.
    were you ready to kick his ass that night thinking he wasn't going to propose or did you have a feeling? i would have been in a pissy mood all night.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

So Justin calls his future MIL every week because Jennay can't be bothered to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post

were you ready to kick his ass that night thinking he wasn't going to propose or did you have a feeling? i would have been in a pissy mood all night.

When he hadn't asked the entire year, I kind of figured when they started counting down that he was going to do it. I remember it being really cold in the hall we were at, and asking him to borrow his suit jacket and he said "no". I came to find out he said no because the ring was in his pocket.

In retrospect, I wish I hadn't gave him the ultimatum just see to when he would have asked. My guess is probably when my son was grown and out of the house with his only wife and kids! Or maybe it would have been us living in 20 years of sin!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    When he hadn't asked the entire year, I kind of figured when they started counting down that he was going to do it. I remember it being really cold in the hall we were at, and asking him to borrow his suit jacket and he said "no". I came to find out he said no because the ring was in his pocket.

In retrospect, I wish I hadn't gave him the ultimatum just see to when he would have asked. My guess is probably when my son was grown and out of the house with his only wife and kids! Or maybe it would have been us living in 20 years of sin!
    I've never given the ultimatum...we've been together for 10 years and our daughter will be two in November. That ought to give you some idea

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information