Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree320Likes

Thread: Jeffrey Epstein (Allegedly) Commits Suicide in Jail

AG Bill Barr just announced an investigation into Epstein’s death.

Again I could just be paranoid, but I believe that they are doing a fake investigation to make it look like they are actually concerned about his highly suspicious and convenient death. I assume that the investigation will conclude that it was a suicide and we will be told that nothing was suspicious about this at all.

I’m side eyeing all of this. I absolutely do not believe that this man had info that could take down heads of state and some of the wealthiest people in the world and that they were just going to hope he didn’t say anything and leave the situation alone. I will never believe it. I can’t wait to go to work and ask my colleagues and my friends who work in the prisons what they think about this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Nicki, tell us what they say!

And I must be way past cynical but I don't even call it a conspiracy, as if it were necessarily a complicated thing involving lots of people--just the extremely powerful & wealthy doing what they will always do. They pay for and get whatever they want, what's paying off a couple of guards to "look the other way" for a few minutes? It's self-preservation at any cost for them. Simple and totally unsurprising.

According to the NYT, the camera monitoring JE's cell malfunctioned during the suicide, the guards forgot to check on him, and his cell mate was moved just prior for no apparent reason. And the NYP reports that suicide is nearly impossible at the facility Epstein was in. The plot thickens.
    NickiDrea, fgg and Nevan like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Nope nope nope.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I read an article today listing the different theories going around, it’s pretty interesting. There’s also the very real possibility that he paid the guards off (by which I mean he had someone else pay them off).

I also read another story making the case that suicide is actually pretty common and that more often than not reality is far less exciting than the conspiracies. the last statistics are for 2014 or something because for some reason prisons don’t release that data anymore so it’s hard to know the full extent. Sandra bland was mentioned as well. Whether through negligence, inadequate psych evals, understaffing, all signs point to the suicide rate increasing in recent years when before that it had been shrinking for two decades.
    I can totally see him doing this. Like a nazi swallowing a cyanide pill. I remember reading a profile of him a while back, it might even have been the infamous vanity fair piece. this was after he spent about a year in prison and he was very adamant about how he was never going back to that. A former Peruvian President offed himself a couple of months ago, with the police in his house. They’d come to arrest him for corruption (yet another head of state charged in connection to oderbrecht). He said he needed to get something from his room before going with them, he went into his office or bedroom and shot himself in the head. They found a letter dated months before basically saying he would die rather than go through that shit.

Either way there’s at least negligence on behalf of the guards and prison, or corruption if the guards took money from Epstein, or money or orders from anyone else if we go down the conspiracy route.
    Waterslide and Fran like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Silver Member

I agree with you, NickDrea. Why would he still be alive in 2019 if there was enough evidence to 'take down heads of state and some of the wealthiest people in the world' at his first trial in 2008? He'd have been taken out then, if so.

However, I can easily see him having enough resources and friends to stage a 'suicide', I can also believe he was a whiney asshole too cowardly to take the stand but with arrogance enough to believe the world wasn't entitled to judge him. I mean after all he wanted to populate earth with his spawn. lol

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I think that suicide was possibly his way of trying to protect the only person he cared about besides himself - Ghislaine Maxwell.
    Novice and mopar like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

This article....

“THEY’RE NOTHING, THESE GIRLS”: UNRAVELING THE MYSTERY OF GHISLAINE MAXWELL, EPSTEIN’S ENABLER

An excerpt....

The sinister depravity of Epstein’s sexual world, and Maxwell’s role in enabling it, was mostly kept hidden. The two were fixtures on a certain rarefied Manhattan circuit. Epstein was as a practical joker who liked messing with people he regarded as lower on the food chain. A prominent 1990s Sports Illustrated model who dated Epstein describes meeting Donald Trump at one of Trump’s parties in the penthouse of the Plaza Hotel back then, and Trump goading Epstein to get her number. “Jeffrey said he wouldn’t give it to him and he had to get it from me,” she says. She finally gave it to him on another occasion, but he lost the number. “Trump called Jeffrey trying to get it again, saying ‘She gave it to me! You know she gave it to me! You can give it to me now!’ but Jeffrey wouldn’t do it.” She laughs. “Donald was such a joke to all of the models back then—we all knew he was bankrupt and had no game. I remember Jeffrey once saying he was going to be late to pick me up because he had to drop off food for Donald—he was at home crying under the covers.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...pstein-enabler

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I think that suicide was possibly his way of trying to protect the only person he cared about besides himself - Ghislaine Maxwell.
    Yes but that didn't really work out with Fred West, did it?
    Kittylady and Mrs Fawlty like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    This article....

“THEY’RE NOTHING, THESE GIRLS”: UNRAVELING THE MYSTERY OF GHISLAINE MAXWELL, EPSTEIN’S ENABLER

An excerpt....

The sinister depravity of Epstein’s sexual world, and Maxwell’s role in enabling it, was mostly kept hidden. The two were fixtures on a certain rarefied Manhattan circuit. Epstein was as a practical joker who liked messing with people he regarded as lower on the food chain. A prominent 1990s Sports Illustrated model who dated Epstein describes meeting Donald Trump at one of Trump’s parties in the penthouse of the Plaza Hotel back then, and Trump goading Epstein to get her number. “Jeffrey said he wouldn’t give it to him and he had to get it from me,” she says. She finally gave it to him on another occasion, but he lost the number. “Trump called Jeffrey trying to get it again, saying ‘She gave it to me! You know she gave it to me! You can give it to me now!’ but Jeffrey wouldn’t do it.” She laughs. “Donald was such a joke to all of the models back then—we all knew he was bankrupt and had no game. I remember Jeffrey once saying he was going to be late to pick me up because he had to drop off food for Donald—he was at home crying under the covers.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...pstein-enabler

Ha, that validates how I see trump, pathetic low self-esteem loser wanna-be everyone laughs at.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

and so he gets resentful and lashes out and burns down the world.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

My colleagues all think it’s a hit job. That said we are all suspicious and paranoid by nature.

My friends who are county COs are talking about this on Facebook and even they think the circumstances of his death are suspicious. People do kill themselves in jail, it happens, but he was super high profile and recently taken off suicide watch yet they didn’t check on him AND his cell mate was transferred hours earlier?? That’s a lot of weird coincidences. The consensus amongst my criminal justice peeps is a conspiracy.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "

or the worst case of incompetence ever
    Honeythorn likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Too soon?

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...f08_story.html

Autopsy finds broken bones in Jeffrey Epstein’s neck, deepening questions around his death

Aaron C. Davis
    An autopsy found that financier Jeffrey Epstein suffered multiple breaks in his neck bones, according to two people familiar with the findings, deepening the mystery about the circumstances around his death.
    Among the bones broken in Epstein’s neck was the hyoid bone, which in men is near the Adam’s apple. Such breaks can occur in those who hang themselves, particularly if they are older, according to forensics experts and studies on the subject. But they are more common in victims of homicide by strangulation, the experts said.
    The details are the first findings to emerge from the autopsy of Epstein, a convicted sex offender and multimillionaire in federal custody on charges of sex trafficking. He died early Saturday morning after guards found him hanging in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan and he could not be revived.
    Attorney General William P. Barr, whose department oversees the Bureau of Prisons facility where Epstein died, has described his death as an “apparent suicide.” Justice officials declined to comment on the new information from Epstein’s autopsy.
    The office of New York City’s chief medical examiner, Barbara Sampson, completed an autopsy of Epstein’s body Sunday. But Sampson listed the cause of his death as pending.
    Asked about the neck injuries, Sampson said in a statement that no single factor in an autopsy can alone provide a conclusive answer about what happened.
    Jeffrey Epstein was charged July 8 with sex trafficking crimes and pleaded not guilty. The Post's Kimberly Kindy breaks down the charges. (Video: Allie Caren/Photo: Osman Malik/The Washington Post)

“In all forensic investigations, all information must be synthesized to determine the cause and manner of death. Everything must be consistent; no single finding can be evaluated in a vacuum.”
    The details add to the bizarre circumstances surrounding Epstein’s death, which have launched a wave of questions and conspiracy theories about how he could have died in federal custody. Even President Trump has egged on speculation, without evidence, that Epstein — whose alleged victims say they were pushed to have sex with his powerful and celebrity friends — might have been killed to keep him from spilling the secrets of others.
    The revelation of Epstein’s neck injuries follows reports that officers at the Metropolitan Correctional Center broke protocol and failed to properly monitor him.
    Corrections officers had not checked on Epstein for “several” hours before he was found hanging in his cell, a person familiar with the matter said, one of a series of missteps in the hours leading up to his death.
    Veteran prosecutors and law enforcement officials were shocked that one of the most high-profile inmates in the country wasn’t more carefully watched. Barr said over the weekend he was “appalled” at serious “irregularities” in jail protocol, and he later transferred the warden to another facility.
    People familiar with the autopsy, who spoke on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitive stage of the investigation, said Sampson’s office is seeking additional information on Epstein’s condition in the hours before his death. That could include video evidence of the jail hallways, which may establish whether anyone entered Epstein’s cell during the night he died; results of a toxicology screening to determine if there was any unusual substance in his body; and interviews with guards and inmates who were near his cell.
    [Prince Andrew’s connection to Jeffrey Epstein under new scrutiny following resurfaced allegations]
    Jonathan L. Arden, president of the National Association of Medical Examiners, said a hyoid can be broken in many circumstances but is more commonly associated with homicidal strangulation than suicidal hanging.
    Arden, who was not involved in the Epstein autopsy, said that in general, a finding of a broken hyoid requires pathologists to conduct more extensive investigation. That investigation can include analysis of the location of the noose, how narrow the noose is, and if the body experienced any substantial drop in the course of the hanging.
    The age of the deceased is also important, Arden said. The hyoid starts out as three small bones with jointlike connections but hardens during middle age into a U-shape that can break more easily.
    “If, hypothetically, the hyoid bone is broken, that would generally raise questions about strangulation, but it is not definitive and does not exclude suicidal hanging,” he said.
    A handful of studies conducted over the past decade have produced conflicting results about the likelihood of a hyoid break in a suicide. In a study of 20 suicidal hangings in Thailand, published in 2010, one-fourth of the men who hanged themselves had broken hyoids. In a larger study of suicidal hangings of young adults and middle-aged people in India, conducted from 2010 to 2013, hyoid damage was found in just 16 of 264 cases, or 6 percent. The study addressed the discrepancies in academic reviews, saying wide variations in findings of hyoid breaks are “possibly due to factors like age of the victim, weight of the victim, type of suspension and height of suspension.”
    Hyoid fractures have previously sparked controversy in jailhouse and other contentious deaths.
    In 2008, Ronnie L. White, a teenager accused of killing a police officer, died of an apparent suicide in a suburban Washington jail cell. But two days later, the cause of death was changed to homicide when a Maryland state medical examiner discovered the teen had a broken hyoid.
    The incident fanned racial tension and fueled conspiracy theories about the suspect’s death in Prince George’s County, Md.
    Medical examiners concluded White was probably strangled with a sheet, towel or “crux of the elbow.” The officer who moved his body pleaded guilty to obstruction. But no one was ever charged in White’s death. A federal judge said in 2013 that it remained a mystery whether the inmate was slain or took his own life.
    The hyoid bone played a central role in a heated dispute last year over another high-profile death in New York, that of Eric Garner. A New York police officer was accused of using an improper chokehold while trying to arrest Garner and of causing his death. A police officers’ association claimed that an autopsy from Sampson’s office found there was no break of Garner’s hyoid bone, and that this proved that the officer could not have strangled Garner and caused his death.
    This “demonstrates conclusively that Mr. Garner did not die of strangulation of the neck from a chokehold,” the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association said.
    But Sampson rejected that claim, saying she stood by her conclusion that Garner died of “compression of neck (chokehold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police.” Sampson’s office said Garner’s bronchial asthma, obesity and high blood pressure were contributing factors.
    In a widely circulated video of the 2014 incident, the officer was seen grabbing Garner around the neck, pushing him and his face into the pavement. Garner is overheard pleading several times: “I can’t breathe.”
    Two weeks later, Sampson’s office concluded the officer’s actions were the primary cause of his death.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information