Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree1506Likes

Thread: Jeffrey Epstein (Allegedly) Commits Suicide in Jail

What a snake.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Ghislaine Maxwell's personal emails have been hacked, and damaging information, including the names of individuals linked to Jeffrey Epstein's sex trafficking case, are at risk of being publicly released.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ED-leaked.html
    greysfang, Trixie, Nevan and 2 others like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Ghislaine Maxwell's personal emails have been hacked, and damaging information, including the names of individuals linked to Jeffrey Epstein's sex trafficking case, are at risk of being publicly released.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ED-leaked.html
    I guess it depends on who the hackers are. Someone civil minded might release them. A foreign intelligence agency or someone out to make money through blackmail would wait and see what they could get out of it before possibly dropping names.

Either way, I'm sure that there's a significant amount of pants being shat right now.
    sprynkles, fgg, Nevan and 5 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I guess it depends on who the hackers are. Someone civil minded might release them. A foreign intelligence agency or someone out to make money through blackmail would wait and see what they could get out of it before possibly dropping names.

Either way, I'm sure that there's a significant amount of pants being shat right now.
    Which makes me gleeful to a completely inappropriate level.

fgg

Art school grads detail Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell’s weird sexual games

Jeffrey Epstein and his alleged mistress-turned-madam Ghislaine Maxwell played weird sexual games with three artists at his New Mexico ranch, according to ArtNet.

Former New York art student Ursula Ruedenberg says that in 1995, the pair enticed a group of recent art school grads to his Zorro ranch by promising he’d commission one of them to make works for a new mansion.

He then hosted a dinner party, and guests played a game where they closed their eyes and reached into a bag of unknown objects. “One was what felt like pockets of jelly; it turned out to be falsies, like you put in your bra,” Ruedenberg told the mag. “Then they demanded that we put them on.”

Ruedenberg said she felt shunned for not playing along, saying, “I knew the commission was out the window at that very moment … I could see it was a question of ‘How far will they go? Does this person have boundaries?’”

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/27/art-s...-sexual-games/
    Brookie likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

He was a padophile, too?

i mean... no offence but i don't see how these people's experience is in any way relevant, except that they had some kind of past social encounter with epstein and are using it for notoriety/attention?
    this is barely a step above the people who make comments like 'kobe bryant's death really affected me in a very personal way because i took a helicopter ride once and i'm a lakers fan' and think they're somehow more affected than the average joe.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

If nothing else it shows the kind of weirdo assholes this rich pedo group was.

Team Starving Artists cashing in.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i mean... no offence but i don't see how these people's experience is in any way relevant, except that they had some kind of past social encounter with epstein and are using it for notoriety/attention?
    this is barely a step above the people who make comments like 'kobe bryant's death really affected me in a very personal way because i took a helicopter ride once and i'm a lakers fan' and think they're somehow more affected than the average joe.
    Some of the institutions where Epstein gained himself entree have tried to downplay their association with him, even though he was pretty influential and, for example, was given free rein to creep on students and impact their careers. So a story like this shows that he was not just a quiet, distant board member, but was involved with the people there. This shouldn’t be a surprise since his whole schtick was manipulating people, but for anyone not informed of how he did things, the information could be relevant.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Some of the institutions where Epstein gained himself entree have tried to downplay their association with him, even though he was pretty influential and, for example, was given free rein to creep on students and impact their careers. So a story like this shows that he was not just a quiet, distant board member, but was involved with the people there. This shouldn’t be a surprise since his whole schtick was manipulating people, but for anyone not informed of how he did things, the information could be relevant.
    Just like Jimmy Savile.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

The Daily Mail is claiming that Andrew sent a sick 'gag' joke to Jonathan Rowland in 2011 that is so repellent the Mail won't print it.

Just read that over again. The Mail won't publish it. How horrible does it have to fall below the Mail's 'too revolting to publish' bar?

I can't find the 'joke' anywhere.

http://ELIZABETH DAY: Andrew's cance...ia @MailOnline
    Last edited by lindsaywhit; February 2nd, 2020 at 06:39 AM.

fgg

Jeffrey Epstein's Mystery Bank Came Alive After His Death

In the years after Jeffrey Epstein registered as a sex offender, he closed his money management firm and started a business to develop algorithms and mine DNA and financial databases.

Then he set up a bank.

In a banking license application reviewed by The New York Times, Epstein described himself as one of the investing world’s “pioneers” and said he wanted to pursue the “dynamic discipline of international banking.”

Officials in the Virgin Islands, the U.S. territory where Epstein set up most of his businesses, approved a license for him in 2014 to run one of the territory’s first international banking entities, a specialized bank that can do business only with offshore clients. The approval was unusual, given Epstein’s status as a convicted sex offender.

The bank, called Southern Country International, renewed its license for each of the next five years, but it is unclear whether it conducted any business or had any customers. Epstein, who died while in federal custody last summer following his arrest on sex trafficking charges, does not appear to have done any marketing for the bank or hired much staff.

The bank was created under a territorial law that lacked many of the oversight requirements banks are usually subject to, and its regulatory file is largely empty. A lawyer for Epstein told officials in the Virgin Islands in 2018 that Southern Country had not commenced operations. And regulators in the territory said they did not exercise oversight of the bank because it did not appear to be doing any business.

And yet, after Epstein’s death, his estate transferred more than $12 million to Southern Country, according to court documents.

On Tuesday, at a court hearing in the Virgin Islands on motions involving Epstein’s estate, a magistrate judge, Carolyn Hermon-Purcell, questioned the estate’s lawyers about the transfers to Southern Country, saying the disclosure was not satisfactory. The judge said she did not know why Southern Country would be receiving checks from the estate. “There’s no explanation for it,” she said.

A lawyer for the estate responded that some of the payment was made in error, but the judge was not satisfied with his response and asked him to follow up with a fuller accounting.

The checks — listed in the estate’s transactions for routine payments such as cable-TV bills and phone service for Epstein’s many properties — stand out. The list of payments was filed with Hermon-Purcell, who is overseeing his $635 million estate, including the possible establishment of a compensation fund for his victims.

That Epstein was able to get a banking license in the first place is unusual.

His 2008 conviction in Florida on a charge of soliciting prostitution from an underage girl required him to register as a sex offender. Most bank operators doing business in the United States are required to undergo rigorous background checks, and most banking institutions are subject to oversight by the arm of the Treasury that investigates suspicious financial transactions. Neither was required by the Virgin Islands when Epstein submitted the application in 2013.

The territory had passed its international banking entity law a year earlier, in hopes of enticing investment from overseas. It modeled its law on that of Puerto Rico, where international banking entities have existed for three decades.

Such organizations are attractive to offshore investors because the banks are able to offer more favorable tax treatment than the investors’ own countries can. In return, the territories expect local residents to manage the banks, even though they cannot use its services.

These specialized banks have drawn scrutiny because of their potential for abuse, including money laundering. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York describes international bank entities in the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico as “high-risk” institutions. Last year, it temporarily suspended applications for them to obtain financial services from the Fed until it can issue stricter rules for them.

Epstein was carefully evasive in answering a question on the application that was meant to reveal information about an applicant’s criminal record. His response mentioned his guilty plea to state charges in Florida, but it played down other elements of the case.

“For a relatively brief period, in what has otherwise been a productive and accomplished life,” the application said, Epstein “did face some legal difficulties relating to matters alleged to have taken place seven years ago.” The application noted that a federal investigation had been “discontinued.”

But that answer was misleading, said Richard Scott Carnell, a former assistant secretary for financial institutions at the Treasury Department. The application did not reflect that Epstein’s plea deal included an agreement with federal prosecutors, who promised not to bring their own charges. The agreement acknowledged that federal authorities had compiled a long list of other possible underage victims.

“Bank regulators expect applicants to be candid,” said Carnell, now an associate professor at Fordham Law School. “You’d never suspect there was a nonprosecution agreement. As a bank regulator, I’d be outraged to learn that an applicant had misled me in that way.”

In his application, Epstein listed as references James Staley, the chief executive of Barclays who had cultivated a relationship with Epstein while at JPMorgan Chase. Another reference was Andrew Farkas, a New York real estate tycoon and co-owner of a marina and office complex on St. Thomas with Epstein. Spokesmen for both men said they had been unaware they were listed as references, along with JPMorgan and FirstBank, a Puerto Rico-based lender with branches in the Virgin Islands that long held some of Epstein’s accounts.

The application was submitted by Erika Kellerhals, a longtime tax lawyer for Epstein in the Virgin Islands. She did not return requests for comment.

Southern Country had not commenced doing business as of April 2018, according to correspondence between Kellerhals and the territory’s banking department. Regulators said the bank was a “self-reporting” company and did not require additional regulatory oversight if it was not operational.

But court documents show Southern Country was active for some of last year.

Records filed by the estate Friday indicate that Southern Country had $693,157 in assets when Epstein died Aug. 10. Then, in mid-December, the estate transferred $15.5 million to Southern Country in two checks. Southern Country sent back $2.6 million, leaving the total it received at $12.9 million. The documents filed by the estate do not give a reason for the transfers.

It is also not clear what Southern Country did with that money. Two weeks later, the year-end value of Southern Country’s assets was $499,759, according to the estate’s filings.

The estate has told officials in the Virgin Islands that it does not intend to renew the bank’s license again.

Around the time the territory granted Epstein his banking license, it also gave a lucrative tax break to Southern Trust, a company Epstein said was developing sophisticated algorithms to mine DNA and financial databases. The tax break came from the territory’s Economic Development Authority, which was approved by the territory’s former governor, John de Jongh Jr., while his wife, Cecile, worked for Epstein. Neither Cecile de Jongh nor her husband returned messages seeking comment.

The tax break, granted in 2013, was a boon for Epstein. Southern Trust generated about $300 million in profit in six years, and he paid an effective tax rate of about 3.9%. The source of Southern Trust’s revenue is not clear; the bare-bones corporate filings made by the company in the Virgin Islands do not list any clients.

Although the Virgin Islands was long a place where Epstein got his way, it has lately cast itself as one of his victims.

In a lawsuit last month, the attorney general of the Virgin Islands, Denise George, said Epstein had sullied the territory’s reputation with his conduct. She sued Epstein’s estate, seeking to seize his private islands and dissolve what she said were shell companies acting as fronts for his sex-trafficking enterprise.

The suit seeks to intervene in the administration of Epstein’s will to safeguard assets for dozens of his victims, claiming the co-executors may have a conflict of interest because they were officers in many of Epstein’s companies, including Southern Country and Southern Trust. The co-executors, Darren Indyke and Richard Kahn, did not return requests for comment.

Hermon-Purcell, the magistrate judge overseeing the administration of Epstein’s will in the Virgin Islands heard arguments on the attorney general’s request at the hearing Tuesday. The judge said she would issue a ruling at a later date.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jeffrey-e...132354020.html
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

czb

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post

“For a relatively brief period, in what has otherwise been a productive and accomplished life,” the application said, Epstein “did face some legal difficulties relating to matters alleged to have taken place seven years ago.” The application noted that a federal investigation had been “discontinued.”
    money laundering and info laundering. dude did it all.
    fgg, Brookie and Kathie_Moffett like this.

Jeffrey Epstein's 'procurer' Ghislaine Maxwell stakes legal claim to his $636m estate, saying he promised to pay her legal bills and admitting she had 'special relationship' with the dead pedophile

• Jeffrey Epstein's 'madam' Ghislaine Maxwell is trying to get cash from the dead child molester's estate to pay off her legal fees
    • The 58-year-old British socialite, who has been in hiding for months, made the claim on Friday, five days before Wednesday's deadline for such a claim
    • She filed paperwork in the US Virgin Islands for a piece of Epstein's estimated $636 million estate, because, she says, he promised to pay for her lawyers
    • Maxwell claims she 'has incurred significant legal fees, personal security costs and other expenses' because of her work for Epstein from 1999 to 2006
    • She describes herself as a longtime employee who had 'a legal and special relationship' with Epstein
    • Maxwell, the daughter of disgraced media mogul Robert Maxwell, has fallen off the grid since her ex-boyfriend was found dead in his jail cell aged 66 in August
    • DailyMail.com reported last August she was living with boyfriend, tech CEO Scott Borgenson in a $3m mansion in Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts
    • Since then, only a picture of her has appeared online, which claimed she was reading a book at an In-N-Out Burger in southern California

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...6m-estate.html
    Brookie likes this.

Thread Information