Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree1035Likes

Thread: Jeffrey Epstein (Allegedly) Commits Suicide in Jail

So are they at least going after this Grisly Anne bitch who helped these dudes rape women/girls?
    Beeyotch likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

fgg

Epstein faced 2nd probe, seen with underage girls in '18

NEW YORK (AP) ó A previously undisclosed federal investigation into Jeffrey Epstein included an examination of whether he was traveling with underage girls as recently as last year, newly released documents show.

U.S. Marshals Service investigators spoke in July with an air-traffic controller who said she saw Epstein get off his private jet at an airport near his U.S. Virgin Islands retreat with two girls who appeared to be 11 or 12, according to the documents.

The air-traffic controller said she saw Epstein another time with a girl who looked to be 16, 17 or 18 years old, according to the reports. She said both instances happened between June and November 2018.

The Marshals Service interviewed the air-traffic controller July 10, four days after Epstein's arrest on sex trafficking charges, as part of a parallel investigation into whether he'd violated his status as a registered sex offender by not disclosing certain overseas travel.

Records related to that probe were made public this week by the Marshals Service as a result of a Freedom of Information Act request filed by MuckRock News, an online repository for public records.

Epstein's lawyers did not immediately respond to a message seeking comment.

Epstein, 66, was found dead Aug. 10 in his cell at a federal jail in Manhattan after a July arrest on sex trafficking charges. Epstein was required to register as a sex offender because he had pleaded guilty years ago to state charges of soliciting a minor for prostitution, under a plea deal that, at the time, was thought to have ended a broader investigation into more serious charges involving numerous underage girls in the early 2000s.

According to the documents, federal prosecutors in New York asked the Marshals Service in January to investigate Epstein's overseas travel ó a window into how long federal authorities were looking at Epstein before his arrest.

Under a 2016 federal law known as "International Megan's Law," registered sex offenders are required to report planned international travel to the authorities at least 21 days before they are to leave the U.S.

Epstein informed authorities in the Virgin Islands of a March trip to Paris just four days before departing, according to the Marshals Service records.

Epstein didn't list any other destinations on his disclosure form, but a public flight tracking website located his plane in Vienna, Austria, on March 22 and Monaco on March 27.

Investigators sought information from France, Monaco, Austria and Morocco, got flight plan records from the Federal Aviation Administration showing Epstein's travel to numerous countries, and drafted a search warrant for a phone number Epstein listed as a point of contact whenever he traveled internationally, the records show.

They also met at a diner in Florida with a Miami Herald reporter whose stories last year spurred the criminal investigation that led to Epstein's arrest, walking away from the sit-down with the air-traffic controller's phone number and other leads, according to the documents.

"It will be investigated further," they wrote in August.

Two days after Epstein's suicide, investigators met with federal prosecutors in the Virgin Islands and agreed to drop the Megan's Law probe. The search warrant and requests for international assistance were cancelled.

A judge formally ended the criminal case against Epstein on Aug. 29, two days after an extraordinary hearing at which 16 women spoke about his alleged abuse.

Epstein was making preparations for his own death in the days before he killed himself, including signing a will two days before his death and amending a trust he'd established in January that held many of his assets, according to court records in the Virgin Islands, where Epstein had a home.

Estate lawyers and others experts have told The Associated Press that the trust could make it more difficult for Epstein's victims to collect damages from him.

https://news.yahoo.com/epstein-faced...213816012.html
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    So are they at least going after this Grisly Anne bitch who helped these dudes rape women/girls?
    Is she in hiding? I'm not sure if the last 'sighting' of her was faked or was undated.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I'm fucking sick of hearing people argue the whole pedophile/ephebophile semantics (as if it should make a difference somehow) but these are not hot mid-to-late teens - 11 and 12 are little girls.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Both are fucking gross but there is a difference. I just donít like it when people use words incorrectly and conflate different things, and making distinctions doesnít mean youíre excusing something.
    Waterslide, A*O, dexter7 and 3 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I find when I try to make distinctions people often think I'm defending something. I don't mean in this thread, just in general. It's frustrating. Just as a side note.

And yes, all pedophilia - in its many forms - is disgusting, but I think present day mores dictate, right or wrong, that is more acceptable for a man to be attracted to a 17-year-old girl than a 3 year old or 10 year old. Still gross, still a crime, but it is what it is until it changes.
    mostroop likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

A*O

What seems to get lost in all this indignation is the important legal definition of Age Of Consent. It changes in different countries and/or states but letís say itís usually 16. Assuming itís consensual then a middle aged man banging a 16yr old is perfectly legal and itís been going on forever. Itís tacky and immoral to some but itís not illegal.

If itís non-consensual then obviously itís rape but proving it will be difficult, especially now the douche is dead. Or the heat will be transferred to Prince Andrew instead. Heís going need some good lawyers if he hopes to get out of this but even now I suspect heís finished.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Has she been found? Her latest sighting was photoshopped. Maybe they off'd her too
    sprynkles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Both are fucking gross but there is a difference. I just don’t like it when people use words incorrectly and conflate different things, and making distinctions doesn’t mean you’re excusing something.
    I meant specifically in relation to Epstein, like people saying "all the girls were late teens, which is gross but it's not illegal and HE'S NOT A PEDOPHILE". Sorry, a senior citizen fucking a 12 year old is a disgusting pedo.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    I can't imagine the Queen admitting she was unfaithful, though, can you? I've often wondered if Phillip's loathing of Fergie had something to do with Andrew's paternity and her knowledge of that paternity.... and also being kind of a loose cannon. ???
    My husband's Grandpa was a senior police officer in the Seychelles during the 1950s. Prince Philip was there for at least six months in the mid-50s. Grandpa Fawlty told me and hubs that Philip drank and shagged non-stop the whole time he was there! True story!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    What seems to get lost in all this indignation is the important legal definition of Age Of Consent. It changes in different countries and/or states but let’s say it’s usually 16. Assuming it’s consensual then a middle aged man banging a 16yr old is perfectly legal and it’s been going on forever. It’s tacky and immoral to some but it’s not illegal.

If it’s non-consensual then obviously it’s rape but proving it will be difficult, especially now the douche is dead. Or the heat will be transferred to Prince Andrew instead. He’s going need some good lawyers if he hopes to get out of this but even now I suspect he’s finished.
    it kind of sounds like you think a lot of the indignation over epstein is an exaggeration? besides, regardless of the age of consent, there's also the fact that he transported minors over state lines, and even internationally, for sexual purposes which is beyond illegal. plus, it's just not as cut and dry, and consent isn't just about being a certain age and not saying no. sure, a 16 year-old can technically be the age of consent but if she's coerced by someone much older, richer and powerful, that's not consent. and if you read the accounts of epstein's victims, a lot of them were really vulnerable and had difficult home situations, were promised money and even psychological and medical treatment for conditions like eating disorders, were groomed by one or several of epstein's procuresses and were misled as to what they were doing there in the first place. also, the fact that something has been going on forever doesn't mean it has to keep on happening forever, i mean, it was perfectly normal for girls to get married off at 14 to older men but that's no longer acceptable in most countries in the world, and the ones where those practices continue are facing increasing pressure to stop.

the other glaring issue with the epstein case is that he was enabled and even protected by his rich, powerful connections and even law enforcement, and those people need to be held to account as well.
    Last edited by sputnik; September 13th, 2019 at 10:23 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The other thing talking about the age of consent is that it is different in different countries. My daughter of all people was telling me yesterday that the age of consent in Nigeria is 11 - can you imagine what is probably going on in such a huge country with such a pathetic baseline for statutory rape to apply?

While the legal definition is going to be important for purposes of pursuing Epstein confederates who are still alive, people should really bear in mind that the bigger issue is someone with the age, wiles, and money of Epstein/Maxwell/etc using it to exploit someone who is at a relative disadvantage. This guy was literally industrializing it and taking it global.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    While the legal definition is going to be important for purposes of pursuing Epstein confederates who are still alive, people should really bear in mind that the bigger issue is someone with the age, wiles, and money of Epstein/Maxwell/etc using it to exploit someone who is at a relative disadvantage. This guy was literally industrializing it and taking it global.
    1000 x this. That so many people can’t seem to grasp that is basically why this stuff keeps happening and why people like Epstein can make it to 66 without it ever truly catching up with them.
    if you can understand why things like predatory lending are illegal, even though the victims are adults who “willingly” agreed to a predatory loan, then you should be able to apply the same logic here. But for some reason the minute something is about sexual exploitation, reactionary victim blaming and lizard braining seem to kick in.

Interesting article:

https://everydayfeminism.com/2015/05...nderage-girls/

Sorry I couldnít paste it. iPhone wonít let me.

A*O

Sigh. Maybe I didn’t express myself clearly. I’m NOT defending “old men fucking 12 yr olds” in any way. That would be pedophilia in almost any civilised jurisdiction. The point I was trying, and obviously failing, to make was that successfully prosecuting these people will be very difficult, not because they are rich and have powerful connections, but because from a strictly legal point of view (and the sex was consensual, or even reluctant) no offence was committed. Other laws were certainly broken but not that one.

Maybe it’s my legal training back in the Bad Old Days when I learned to detach facts from feelings, but some legal principles haven’t changed, even in this brave new world we now live in. And applying those principles objectively and dispassionately while setting aside any personal opinions is still the basis of our justice system. It’s not perfect but it’s better than the alternative.

With kind regards,
    Aunt Sally
    Brookie likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Thread Information