Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 424
Like Tree1189Likes

Thread: Jeffrey Epstein (Allegedly) Commits Suicide in Jail

  1. #181
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Prostitution is world,s oldest profession.This is a fact.Historically speaking women and men were getting money in exchange of sexual services..So,yes ,there is a slight chance some of these girls were doing it the way billions of sex workers were through time..
    Trafficking is not a profession, and regardless of a minor's intention upon 'service', it's still illegal.

  2. #182
    Gold Member Daphodil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    It is NOT prostitution if they are under age, it is victimization. Which is what most of us are discussing - why anyone would disagree with that point is beyond me.

  3. #183
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    16,108

    Default

    Because you all talk about ALL of the girls involved as ONE..While i dont doubt there were underage girls groomed,abused or raped,you keep aborting the plain fact that MANY of them knew and accepted what was happening..This must be the fourth time i am writing the exact same thing..and still some of you refuse to even read it...wonder why..

  4. #184
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    59,363

    Default

    Why? Because if there were any of legal age who went willingly into this situation and were not trafficked, that is irrelevant. That's why.

    That would not negate anything he did. That's why.

    He is a convicted pedophile and sex offender who got off lightly because there are always people willing to defend him. There are always people willing to defend a pedophile and sex offender and say that not all the girls were 14 and therefore it doesn't matter, they're in it for money, etc.

    "In April 2005, police in Palm Beach, Florida began investigating Epstein after a parent complained that he had molested her 14-year-old daughter.[4] After an investigation, prosecution, and plea negotiations, Epstein pleaded guilty and was convicted by a Florida state court of soliciting a prostitute and of procuring an underage girl for prostitution on June 30, 2008.[5] He served almost 13months in custody, with work release, as part of a plea deal; federal officials had identified 36girls, some as young as 14 years old, whom Epstein had molested."

    Why is it so important to you to defend this man?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  5. #185
    Elite Member whitetigeress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West coast of Canada, eh
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    'What Jeffrey did in comparison with the kind of stuff which gets exposed every day of people who are abusing children left and right and all kinds of institutions? Jeffrey never did anything like that. Everything he had to do with these girls was complicit.'
    Pivar recalled bringing Epstein to a prominent art dealer to buy furniture along with an assistant who was a 'very attractive young girl.' He claimed Epstein grabbed her from behind and squeezed her as he interjected and said: "Jeffrey put her down! What are you doing?.

    The reporter also claimed that Pivar apparently referred to Virginia Roberts Giuffre, now 33, as a 'trollop.'
    Giuffre accused the pair of keeping her as a 'sex slave' in the early 2000s when she was underage, after meeting Maxwell inMar-a-Lago where she had a summer job.She alleged in a May 3, 2016 deposition that she was trafficked by the pair to have sex with and provide erotic massages for politicians and affluent businessmen.

    He claimed: 'That trollop, who, for months, or whatever the hell she did. What the hell was she doing all this time? And she has made an industry for herself out of inventing calumnies against all of these respectable people.


    MaraLago huh?
    why am I not surprised



    I understand what Effie is saying but grant me this.... the sheer number of under aged girls groomed or forced into prostitution far outweigh the number that entered the "profession" willingly.

    OH BY FAR

    and its men like Epstein who have been around since beginning of time that keep this business of trapping children going and I say children because they are and they are both male and females targeted. The children's healthy growth and future are robbed by these predators.

    Now some.... SOME..... have turned their predicament around and became shrewd themselves given what they've survived and learned.
    To call one such person a trollop because of this turnaround... are you fukin kidding me? fuckin aholes,... the whole lot!

  6. #186
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    16,108

    Default

    For the love of God,Twitchy.You keep provoking me for months.You twist what i write and change my meaning.It is obvious you have a problem not with my views but with me.You give me infraction for trolling,you change my signature twisting my words ..you want me banned and hope i ll help you do it..Once again ..of course you can do it,you got the power..but i wont make it easy for you.And Once again..i do NOT defend the asshole..i ve been trying all along to explain myself over posts that were misunderstood by mistake,by my limited english or by purpose.

  7. #187
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,067

    Default

    Okay then.

    Team Trollops. If they took money from these kid-fuckers AND are now calling them out and helping with taking them down that's the tiniest fraction of what these despicable, narcissistic fuckstains deserve.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  8. #188
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    59,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    You keep provoking me for months.
    source?
    Oasis likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  9. #189
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    16,108

    Default

    I do not need it..

  10. #190
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Because you all talk about ALL of the girls involved as ONE..While i dont doubt there were underage girls groomed,abused or raped,you keep aborting the plain fact that MANY of them knew and accepted what was happening..This must be the fourth time i am writing the exact same thing..and still some of you refuse to even read it...wonder why..
    In the eyes of the law, they ARE all 'one'...minors. We all understand exactly what you've posted, many of us don't agree with you. The law doesn't agree with you. Like I said, it doesn't matter what these minors intentions were nor what their end game was, still illegal and trafficking certainly has no 'age restrictions'.

  11. #191
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    For the love of God,Twitchy.You keep provoking me for months.You twist what i write and change my meaning.It is obvious you have a problem not with my views but with me.You give me infraction for trolling,you change my signature twisting my words ..you want me banned and hope i ll help you do it..Once again ..of course you can do it,you got the power..but i wont make it easy for you.And Once again..i do NOT defend the asshole..i ve been trying all along to explain myself over posts that were misunderstood by mistake,by my limited english or by purpose.
    No one is "provoking" you to write anything you are writing or hold the views you have. You always have the excuse that you have limited English but I'm not buying it. If you are concerned your words are being misinterpreted there are plenty of online dictionaries and translation options that would allow you to check what you are writing. Yes, your posts often come across as racist and have for a while. And in this particular instance, really tone-deaf and clueless. The only person trying to broaden this discussion to the history of prostitution for all recorded time is you. This story is very specific - it's about a pedophile who preyed on young/underage girls for decades, offering these girls to powerful men. Many news sources have said Epstein may have been blackmailing the men who abused these girls and that's how he made his money and had some control over these men.

    This is not, as you've said in previous posts, a question of whether or not this was moral or ethical. IT IS ILLEGAL and Epstein was prosecuted for it. And was on the verge of being prosecuted again and potentially taking down the men who availed themselves of his sex trafficking. The men who had sex with these girls committed crimes. Even if one of the girls involved with Epstein thought this was the greatest career move ever, it does not negate those facts.

    Not sure why you can't see this.

    If you are banned or sanctioned, the only one responsible is you.

  12. #192
    Silver Member Mrs Fawlty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    As it happens,the customers of a house of pleasure are not prosecuted and jailed generally speaking..They pay for the service they get.Andy payed for his vices,probably selling out his royal status ,like many royals do.Mind you,i am not defending him,far from it,just stating facts..Also,all the victims at the pictures look quite happy and beaming.Them and their families KNEW what was going on and they were more than ok with it.Now that is fashionable and profitable to scream abuse and get something out of it,they remembered all the misery they wen through..because they were made..I cannot imagine anybody able to make me massage and screw old people,no way..
    I d love to see anybody breaking the law behind bars,a royal one would be lovely,i just dont see it happening.
    So the smiling happy face proves to you that women working in the sex trade are happy to do so. You show a complete lack of any awareness of the use of sexuality as a means of controlling females throughout social history. Do not fool yourself into believing that underage girls and even those over the age of consent actually DID consent to the sexual acts that they were 'involved' in. Lots of us are in happy and fulfilling intimate relationships. But there are also a lot of women living in terror, misery, addiction, war, domestic violence, sex-trafficking, incest, rape in marriage and God knows what other fresh Hell is going on in so many lives. Just because someone is smiling it doesn't necessarily mean they are genuinely happy- as the sufferers of many of the situations I mention above would attest.
    Last edited by Mrs Fawlty; August 25th, 2019 at 02:20 PM.
    Kittylady, Novice, Sarzy and 5 others like this.

  13. #193
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    16,108

    Default

    I thought you can post in here gossiping,no US criminal law degree demanded,no law school,no us citizenship.though i have a green card.There are different people in here,posting about international gossip.You understand this is putting people off posting.If you gag and jump on an old member.imagine what the newbies feel like daring to post here.I also thought we discuss the ethical side of each insident and not the LEGAL one..I guess this is not the case.

  14. #194
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    And when did i say ALL are grown willing women?I said SOME were doing it with their own free will.How can you prove to me it is not so..How can you say they ALL were victims?And again ,no one will be happier than me when all monsters abusing kids will be punished.As a mother of two girls,with nieces and their large number of friends,i feel stronger than most of you here..but i can see the wider picture and i can accept reality and the way the world runs
    The quote below is where you said all.

    Of course they are victims,first and foremost of their families selling them out,then of the trafficker who took advantage of their thirst for money and fame and lastly of the ones paying for their services.But they all knew what was happening and they were willingly cooperating.This is not a Jackson situation,his victims were mere babies in love with him,also sold out by their families.Parents are responsible for their kids well being,you cant blame the wolf for being what he is.Also ,it seems it is enough to accuse somebody and publish it and then legions of readers want their head on a plate just because X said so/
    There was a british travel blogger a month ago,visiting the acropolis museum in a long white sheer dress ,halter necked ,slits up to her waist.she posed up a stopm exposing all her bits at the people visiting.They asked her to behave she told them to fuck off,they called the police,they collected her and let her go some hours later.British tabs were on fire with her reports accusing greek police for being racists because she was a woman of color and they singled her out because of that..Comments about greeks being racist and backwards and so on for a few days..Her parading her almost naked body in a museum had nothing to do with her,just her color..I believe we should be more critical and less off with their heads happy..

    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Because you all talk about ALL of the girls involved as ONE..While i dont doubt there were underage girls groomed,abused or raped,you keep aborting the plain fact that MANY of them knew and accepted what was happening..This must be the fourth time i am writing the exact same thing..and still some of you refuse to even read it...wonder why..
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    In the eyes of the law, they ARE all 'one'...minors. We all understand exactly what you've posted, many of us don't agree with you. The law doesn't agree with you. Like I said, it doesn't matter what these minors intentions were nor what their end game was, still illegal and trafficking certainly has no 'age restrictions'.

    I was going to respond to your claim of 'one', but the quote about says it nicely.

    Not to mention it is more that just one woman complaining now, and more than one that complained earlier.

  15. #195
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I thought you can post in here gossiping,no US criminal law degree demanded,no law school,no us citizenship.though i have a green card.There are different people in here,posting about international gossip.You understand this is putting people off posting.If you gag and jump on an old member.imagine what the newbies feel like daring to post here.I also thought we discuss the ethical side of each insident and not the LEGAL one..I guess this is not the case.
    I am not a lawyer, nor am I American. I am not at all put off from posting here and do not feel anyone is being gagged. If their views are being challenged, then I see that as par for the course in an online forum. And ... generally speaking, most illegal things are also considered to be unethical and immoral. Just saying.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jim Carrey's girlfriend commits suicide
    By fgg in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: February 1st, 2018, 12:12 PM
  2. France: Far right activist commits suicide
    By Butterfly in forum Politics and Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2013, 02:32 PM
  3. Marie Osmond's son commits suicide
    By buttmunch in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: November 11th, 2010, 05:05 AM
  4. Man commits suicide at a California concert
    By celeb_2006 in forum News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 22nd, 2010, 05:47 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 15th, 2010, 08:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •