Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree323Likes

Thread: Jay Cutler And Wife Kristin Cavallari Come Out As Vaccine Truthers

Another mom of a child on the autism spectrum here. I vaccinate and do not regret my decision to do so, despite the fact that my son is on the spectrum and was diagnosed after being vaccinated. Vaccines did NOT cause his autism. I would rather have a wonderful, warm, adorable and friendly son who happens to be on the spectrum than a dead son. Growing up in a medical household vaccinating was not even a debate for me. I respect people's beliefs but not when said beliefs put young children, the elderly and the immunosuppressed at risk of serious illness or death. JMO.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

When I made the decision to space out my daughters vaccinations, I did it because I thought it was the right thing to do and even my non-Dr. Sears pediatrician said that, within reason, there is nothing wrong with spacing out the vax a bit. Of course, he also said there was no evidence showing that it made a difference, but he understood what I was doing. I wanted to make sure each shot was introduced on it's own, considering some shots are for multiple diseases, so a baby can be exposed to 6 viruses/diseases at a time. My thought was if there was a reaction, however small the chance, we would know with some certainty what it was. Of course, if it was from a DTap, we would be looking a three things, but you get the idea. The schedule was made for convenience and for keeping parents on track with the vaccinations. There are so many these days that parents weren't good at remembering what the kids were getting, so several vaccines were given at once. I honestly thought that this was the right decision. I also relied on other parents doing the right thing. Older, school age children who are traveling outside of the country should be fully vaccinated. Especially a child going to countries where measles is still a pretty common occurrence. Part of what they're thinking has happened here in my county is from a family going to the Philippines with people or children that weren't vaccinated.

So, even though my daughter isn't that off track (roughly 5 behind), these new situations have really made me rethink what I'm doing. I've started scheduling her to get the rest within a reasonable time. I'm that scared. I never would have done something I thought would harm my daughter, but I also thought that most other people would have had their school aged children fully vaccinated, which was always my intention.

All you with young 'uns. Keep that mother fucking vac compliance schedule close at hand. You have no idea how many times I had to dig it out for camps, schools, sports, high school, college, etc. etc. etc. I was forever looking through every thing to find it from the last time I put it away. With moving, changing docs, etc, etc, it was a royal pita
    KrisNine, McJag and nana51 like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

czb

^^^ you are correct - i keep the log at home. you need it when enrolling in camp or other activities. not the biggest PiTA, given some of the other stuff i deal with.

I keep my daughter's vax schedule as a pdf on my computer. That way I always have full access to it.

Local measles outbreak up over 100 cases now. Herd immunity is supposed to be effective if 80 - 86% of the population is vaccinated. According to the news, the community with the outbreak is at 60% vaccinated.

I'd like to hear from the parents in this community who chose not to vaccinate and now have children in the hospital. I'd like to know how they feel about the vaccines now.
    McJag likes this.

I can't post from the server I'm using but there's a pretty funny Jenny McCarthy story happening:

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

^^^ that link doesn't work for me.

Damn server! Anyway it's on Slate, she's getting hilarious responses regarding her vaccine stance to a tweet she sent. The link is here, but you might need to close the gap I added after the http:
    http: //www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/03/17/jenny_mccarthy_antivaxxer_gets_remedied_on_twitter .html

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

czb

no vas.

Just when you think that Internet commentary is nothing more than a wretched hive of scum and villainy, a light shines through so strongly it can help restore your optimism about people.

By now you know about anti-vaccination mouthpiece Jenny McCarthy. I’ve written about her many times: how she claims vaccines cause autism (they don’t), how she “cured” her son of autism with a gluten-free diet (she didn’t), how she rails about vaccines being full of toxins (they aren’t) while literally injecting her face with the single most toxic protein known to science.

Advertisement

Yeah, that Jenny McCarthy. It’s possible she’s more well-known in the general public for being a comedian, host of the The View, and of course a Playboy model, but on the ‘Net she’s widely understood to be a voice for frankly dangerous anti-vax nonsense.

On Thursday, McCarthy asked a question of her fans on Twitter to see what they’d say. What she got was a dose of the reality she helped spawn. The question:
    Jenny McCarthy @JennyMcCarthy Follow
    What is the most important personality trait you look for in a mate? Reply using #JennyAsks

Some of the replies:

Michael Rops @SkepticalBelg Follow
    #JennyAsks someone who gets their medical advice from real doctors, not antivax cranks.

Jennifer Lott @JennLott Follow While I do love getting diseases that were eradicated in the last century, I would say vaccinated is a trait I look for #JennyAsks

Scallywag @ScallywagSprint Follow
    Someone who respects that science isn't on some secret malicious crusade to screw us over and that vaccinations save lives #JennyAsks

Kevin Folta @kevinfolta Follow Ideal mate accepts scientific consensus & considers the elderly, infants & immune compromised b4 spreading baseless hysteria. #JennyAsks

Jenny McCarthy: Anti-vaxxer gets remedied on Twitter.
    sluce, Novice and southernbelle like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

thanks shell. i hate this freaking server!!!!!

Yeah, I'm on a different computer so I can play!!!

czb

thanks, SHELLEE. (had to type it like that, it always looks like a YELL to me).

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!!

This is my favorite so far:
    Jennifer Lott @JennLott Follow While I do love getting diseases that were eradicated in the last century, I would say vaccinated is a trait I look for #JennyAsks
    CL** likes this.

^^ I love that one. These too:
    What qualities do I look for in a mate? Science literacy and critical thinking skills. #JennyAsks -- Tricia-Lee (@tricialeesings) March 16, 2014
    A tall, dark, handsome man with degree from somewhere other than Google University. #vaccineswork
    Somebody who gets that refusing vaccines because of 'toxins' and then shilling for e-cigs makes you a pathetic hypocrite #JennyAsks
    rockchick likes this.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information