Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 187
Like Tree323Likes

Thread: Jay Cutler And Wife Kristin Cavallari Come Out As Vaccine Truthers

  1. #46
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,773

    Default

    What sort of a bad reaction? Only asking because these diseases can be fatal. MMR would be one I would not pass up.

    I think this phone app is a good idea. http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...ccine-refusal/

    Here's some stories: http://shotbyshot.org/story-gallery/

    http://www.vaccinateyourbaby.org/why/victims.cfm
    Last edited by MsDark; March 15th, 2014 at 08:09 AM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  2. #47
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandknight View Post
    I'm a teacher and I've noticed a trend of children still getting diseases despite being vaccinated even once or twice against it. Measles seems to be a one and the health department keeps scrambling saying the vaccines were a bad batch or it's a new strain of measles but what's really funny is that it's children and adults who have been vaccinated multiple times against it who are getting it. The kids in the class who's parents have chosen not to vaccinate have not gotten any of the diseases.
    Anecdotes are not data.

    The current outbreak here runs opposite to this, the children infected are 4 that were too young for the vaccines, 2 children who had vaxx refuser parents, and a few that were in the middle of their vaccines but haven't finished them yet.

    People that refuse to vaccinate put the most vulnerable of us at great risk. If people's choice not to vaxx only affected their kids it wouldn't be a big deal, but these choices affect others.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  3. #48
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    21,354

    Default

    I was pretty sick and in pain for a week with each of my Hep shots and we both get incredibly painful reactions to tetanus shots. We've both also been known to suffer rashes and vomiting with various antibiotics and other types of meds such as anti inflamtories. We're both super-sensitive to sleeping pills so avoid them at all costs (Ma Kitty slept through natural childbirth after being given 2 sleeping pills on the labour ward and the one time I tried them I was out cold for around 14 hours) and even the contraceptive pill was a nightmare of violent headaches, nausea and lethargy/bloating for me until I found one that suited me.

    I'm not saying that I wouldn't vaccinate (I most definitely would) but that I would prefer, if able, to go with the individual measles/mumps/rubella shots rather than the all in one MMR.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  4. #49
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,773

    Default

    If you're that sensitive to shots, you'd rather have more (spread out) than less? Some pain and soreness from a tetanus shot (post shot) is the only one I can understand. Heck even my last one of those didn't leave me with as much soreness as I'd get from a good arm workout in the gym. Unless you had a nurse that is not properly administering these shots.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  5. #50
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    21,354

    Default

    I'd rather have continuous discomfort than one, big blowout reaction that could be even worse. But that's just me.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  6. #51
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,773

    Default

    So wait? You've had an actual reaction to these shots (as opposed to a sore arm)? One that was worse than the diseases?

    I still don't understand the logic here. Other than a very real fear of something that is such a statistical improbability that I'm way more afraid for you getting one of these diseases.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  7. #52
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    When we lived in SoCal one of our doctors was Dr. Sears, they are located in San Clemente. Inside the Vaccine Book | Ask Dr SearsĀ® | The Trusted Resource for Parents They use this book at their practice. We do need to educate ourselves on these choices, that is exactly my point, this book is a great starting place. Google the Dr Sears family, they are very rational with their suggestions.
    I've read up extensively on Sears. He has no expertise in immunology or public health. He also either has a very poor understanding of how to read scientific data, or he is deliberately misleading his readers. While his fear mongering is more subtle than some others, it's just as dangerous.

    His incompetence is most clearly visible in examples like telling parents its OK not to vaccinate for measles because measles is now extremely rare. Yes, it had become rare, thanks to vaccine. The outbreak in 2008/2009 is directly traced to one of Sears patients who went on to infect other children in Sears' waiting room.
    sluce, politesse, emkat and 5 others like this.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  8. #53
    Elite Member ManxMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lemuria
    Posts
    7,796

    Default

    Dr. Sears is an asshole, in my opinion. His incompetence in interpreting data seems to extend to other issues as well, that have to do with his advocacy of an extreme version of attachment parenting. Yet for people already inclined towards paranoia and conspiracy theories, they've found a so-called expert to justify their uneducated opinions.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

  9. #54
    Elite Member southernbelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Dr. Sears is an asshole, in my opinion. His incompetence in interpreting data seems to extend to other issues as well, that have to do with his advocacy of an extreme version of attachment parenting. Yet for people already inclined towards paranoia and conspiracy theories, they've found a so-called expert to justify their uneducated opinions.
    Someone gave me the Dr. Sears parenting book when I had my son, and I was shocked at some of the advice. It's not just bad advice, it's dangerous, and in direct opposition to what scientific fact (and, in some cases, common sense) suggest. Just a few examples off the top of my head were encouraging moms to let newborns co-sleep with them - in a bed with pillows and blankets, with the baby's face pressed up against your breast - and the suggestion that you feed a fussy baby a bottle of water instead of milk or formula if you don't know why it's crying, because "it might be thirsty." So I'm not surprised that he also encourages people not to vaccinate their kids. He's not someone I'd trust when it comes to safety advice.
    Novice and garysgirl1999 like this.

  10. #55
    Elite Member MmeVertigina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Your inner ear
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I've read up extensively on Sears. He has no expertise in immunology or public health. He also either has a very poor understanding of how to read scientific data, or he is deliberately misleading his readers. While his fear mongering is more subtle than some others, it's just as dangerous.

    His incompetence is most clearly visible in examples like telling parents its OK not to vaccinate for measles because measles is now extremely rare. Yes, it had become rare, thanks to vaccine. The outbreak in 2008/2009 is directly traced to one of Sears patients who went on to infect other children in Sears' waiting room.
    Which Dr. Sears are you talking about? There were 3 at the practice. We saw them all occasionally. My favorite was the father. I stated how I feel several times on here and I stand by it. It i s ok if people feel that across the board vax works for them, it doesn't for us.

    Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Dr. Sears is an asshole, in my opinion. His incompetence in interpreting data seems to extend to other issues as well, that have to do with his advocacy of an extreme version of attachment parenting. Yet for people already inclined towards paranoia and conspiracy theories, they've found a so-called expert to justify their uneducated opinions.
    nana51 likes this.

  11. #56
    Elite Member *Kat*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Which Dr. Sears are you talking about? There were 3 at the practice. We saw them all occasionally. My favorite was the father. I stated how I feel several times on here and I stand by it. It i s ok if people feel that across the board vax works for them, it doesn't for us.
    What do you mean it doesn't work for you? Vaccines are not 100% effective. There will be a small percentage that will catch the disease anyway even if they are vaccinated. These people will be at risk from those from those who aren't vaccinated. Right now, majority of the population is vaccinated, hence the rarity of many potentially life threatening but preventable diseases. But the scale is already tipping, and those diseases won't be rare anymore. So I really don't buy this "personal choice" argument since it clearly effects people around you. If I had a kid that was immuno-compromised or allergic to vaccines, I better hope that he/she is around kids that were vaccinated.
    Novice and Karistiona like this.

  12. #57
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandknight View Post
    I'm a teacher and I've noticed a trend of children still getting diseases despite being vaccinated even once or twice against it. Measles seems to be a one and the health department keeps scrambling saying the vaccines were a bad batch or it's a new strain of measles but what's really funny is that it's children and adults who have been vaccinated multiple times against it who are getting it. The kids in the class who's parents have chosen not to vaccinate have not gotten any of the diseases.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiight.

    Document it, or it didn't happen.

  13. #58
    Elite Member SoCalMarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal... Duh.
    Posts
    3,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    I saw a Law and Order where a 6 week old died of whooping cough and they charged the "truther" parents in the apartment next door with manslaughter. Unrealistic, I know, but still interesting.
    Unfortunately, that storyline isn't too far-fetched... There are a lot of dumb people out that shouldn't be able to procreate - because ultimately, their beautiful innocent children pay the price for their stupidity/ignorance:

    Baby dies from whooping cough in Orange County

    Officials said the family chose not to vaccinate their child. Some parents are choosing not to fully vaccinate their children because they worry there is a link between the vaccinations and autism.
    Full Story: Baby dies from whooping cough in Orange Co. | www.wftv.com

    Another Article about Whooping Cough Outbreaks and the importance of that specific vaccine...
    Vaccination Opt-Outs Found to Contribute to Whooping Cough Outbreaks in Kids - Scientific American

    Story about parents chose their religious beliefs over medical treatment/common sense for both of their children:
    Faith-healing parents charged with MURDER after second child died in their home from pneumonia without getting medical help while they were on probation over death of first son | Mail Online

    Another story where the parents vegan-lifestyle/beliefs were chosen over medical treatment/common sense:
    French vegan couple face jail for child neglect after baby died from vitamin deficiency | Mail Online
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

  14. #59
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Which Dr. Sears are you talking about? There were 3 at the practice. We saw them all occasionally. My favorite was the father. I stated how I feel several times on here and I stand by it. It i s ok if people feel that across the board vax works for them, it doesn't for us.

    I'm speaking about Dr 'Bob'. The one that made up the whole new vaccine schedule without any studies or other science to back it up. The attachment parenting pushing father doesn't bother me, because while I may think that its wacky it doesnt actually endanger anyone else.

    You can stand by your beliefs, even if they're wrong, until those beliefs start killing other people. The fact that up thread you said 'if people vaccinate why are they afraid of those of us that don't' indicates that your beliefs aren't well informed, or you would get why.


    When they announced that Dr Salk's polio vaccine worked they rang church bells and people wept in public. That's how relieved people were from the fear of polio epidemics. The success of vaccination is the only reason that people buy into this idiocy now. When enough people die this idiocy will vanish. It's a shame that's what it will take.
    Brah, Tati, garysgirl1999 and 4 others like this.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  15. #60
    Elite Member chartreuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    the salad bowl
    Posts
    6,407

    Default

    Even Dr. Sears vaccination book made me draw the conclusions that vaccinating was better than not. The statistics speak for themselves. When that's the case, I think the no-vax arguments are really weak.

    And Dr. Sears absolutely has a huge agenda and will silence people who don't agree with his take on things. I'm not a fan. His official FB page blocked me when I took issue with an absolute bullshit meme that they posted. Apparently they didn't like being told that eating whole foods doesn't automatically cure every ailment under the sun. :shrug:
    Mivvi21 likes this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.


Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Kristin Cavallari & Jay Cutler expecting baby #2
    By Laurent in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 30th, 2013, 01:34 PM
  2. Replies: 75
    Last Post: June 7th, 2013, 11:15 PM
  3. Jay Cutler, Kristin Cavallari have baby
    By card in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: October 7th, 2012, 03:19 PM
  4. Kristen Cavallari and Jay Cutler are expecting a baby
    By smurfette in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: February 29th, 2012, 12:15 AM
  5. Kristin Cavallari
    By dowcat in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 26th, 2009, 03:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •