Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree323Likes

Thread: Jay Cutler And Wife Kristin Cavallari Come Out As Vaccine Truthers

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    The only vaccine that I declined for my daughter was the chicken pox one and that was because it's given to children and (at the time) had a 10 year effective life and there was no booster. It didn't seem rational to me to delay the potential onset of chicken pox until a time when my daughter was an adult and it would be much more serious with far more troublesome complications. As it was, she got the pox, was sickish for about 18 hours and stayed home from school for a week until I begged to let her go back because she was driving me crazy.
    My daughter got a raging case of chicken pox at 4 months. It was terrible. At five years old, she got her first case of shingles (wth?) Now, that has been tough to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    People who vaccinate or don't vaccinate live in society. There are always compromises people who live in society and circulate with other people are compelled to make. Like paying taxes so that we can all benefit from decent public roads. Or having people in restaurants observe health code laws, even if the people who work there think of them as a nuisance. When someone doesn't vaccinate a child and takes them out in public, to schools or to sporting events or common play areas, they are introducing the risk of their child contracting and spreading a disease that would not have been caught or propagated if they had decided to vaccinate. It's not a decision that affects them alone. It is a decision that contributes to wide-ranging negative effects.

Also, I don't believe that all choices are necessarily valid. For example, if a parent chooses to not educate their child at all, which shows up in the news frequently, that doesn't seem like a valid choice to me. They are refusing to help their child reach a certain intellectual potential and be a more productive and self-supporting member of society. For that reason, I think that the range of choices that people make can often be assessed and judged in terms of efficacy and even benefit for the overall group.
    You know what gets under my skin? Public smoking. Because of the RSV my child contracted as an infant he gets reactive airway (asthma attacks) with smoke and other irritants, he has been hospitalized for this. But, I understand that it is the choice and right of the smoker to do so, or not, regardless of how it will affect my child. In some times/places it is not welcome, just as when there is an outbreak of certain diseases unvaccinated children are told to stay home from school.
    When we lived in SoCal one of our doctors was Dr. Sears, they are located in San Clemente. Inside the Vaccine Book | Ask Dr SearsĀ® | The Trusted Resource for Parents They use this book at their practice. We do need to educate ourselves on these choices, that is exactly my point, this book is a great starting place. Google the Dr Sears family, they are very rational with their suggestions. And as I said before, it is subjective. What one person believes is a valid reason for not choosing certain vaccines, another may think is invalid depending on where they get their information and their experience with the vaccine. I don't think an across the board approach is good for everyone...only for those people who it is good for, and they can do what they will.
    I'mNotBitter and nana51 like this.

Aw, I'm sorry. My daughter was 10 when she got it.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

The only vaccine I turned down for my daughter was the one for HPV. She was nine at the time. I figured we were pretty safe that she wasn't going to contract a sexually transmitted disease. I really didn't like the scare tactics on that one, nor the fact that it was so new and they wanted to put it in my 9 year old.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    My daughter got a raging case of chicken pox at 4 months. It was terrible. At five years old, she got her first case of shingles (wth?) Now, that has been tough to deal with.
    Flygirl, I just cannot imagine how tough that experience was for you and your daughter. Seeing one's child in agony is horrific (I know that first hand too) and not being able to do anything to stop it is devastating for a parent.

I think there are people who have made rational decisions in not vaccinating their children. For me, I don't think autism is one of them. To those people, I would ask them if they would rather have a child that dies or a child with autism? Really, it's a no brainer.
    missbazilb likes this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I think there are people who have made rational decisions in not vaccinating their children. For me, I don't think autism is one of them. ...
    ITA

mme v - i am not doubting your reasons. however, i have heard other peoples' reasons for not vaccinating (as in the subject for this thread), and YES, i DO doubt their reasons. and their reasons affect me and my family.
    WhateverLolaWants likes this.

^ absolutely

We have an outbreak of measles here at the moment. A few weeks ago I saw a video on YouTube, of a baby with whooping cough. All anti vaxxers should watch it.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ absolutely

We have an outbreak of measles here at the moment. A few weeks ago I saw a video on YouTube, of a baby with whooping cough. All anti vaxxers should watch it.
    There's an outbreak here as well. I guess most of the victims are people who had traveled to countries where things like measles are still pretty prevalent. There are a couple of victims who didn't travel out of the country and who do not live with or near the people that were identified as having traveled. That's scary.

Just wait until polio makes a resurgence, people will be beating doors down for vaccinations.
    sparkles, BoogsBun, Novice and 1 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Silver Member

I'm a teacher and I've noticed a trend of children still getting diseases despite being vaccinated even once or twice against it. Measles seems to be a one and the health department keeps scrambling saying the vaccines were a bad batch or it's a new strain of measles but what's really funny is that it's children and adults who have been vaccinated multiple times against it who are getting it. The kids in the class who's parents have chosen not to vaccinate have not gotten any of the diseases.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

czb

^^^ that is not consistent with what i've obsereved, either locally through our health dept or through the MMWR (yes, i receive that). most of the people who have been stricken are those who were NOT vaccinated. and some could not be vaccinated (because of their age or other baseline factors) but again, the ones who were not vaccinated had reasons similar to the subject of this thread.
    Novice likes this.

Often, but not always, if one is vaccinated against a disease, and goes on to develop it anyway, the severity of one's illness is significantly lessened. I'd take that over the alternative any day.
    chartreuse and missbazilb like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

If I had kids I would be against them having the MMR but that is only because both my mother and I have a history of reacting badly to vaccinations and medications. My choice would be for individual vaccinations rather than rolling the no-vaccine dice and hoping for the best.
    KrisNine and MmeVertigina like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information