Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree323Likes

Thread: Jay Cutler And Wife Kristin Cavallari Come Out As Vaccine Truthers

You all rag on me for Peyton but this guy is ugly as sin. He looks like he's either constantly completely wasted or he was a mere 12 hours previously and hasn't washed yet.

And he's a middle-of-the-road QB and I feel sorry for Bears fans.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I saw a Law and Order where a 6 week old died of whooping cough and they charged the "truther" parents in the apartment next door with manslaughter. Unrealistic, I know, but still interesting.

My oldest daughter got the German measles at a year old, as well. I caught all kinds of flack over it, too. Everyone was like, "Why didn't you get her vaccinated?" Well, I would have had her get the shot, if it was time for it. She caught the bug a couple of months prior to being the age to even get the vaccination. Hell,..I don't even know where she picked it up from, but she was the only reported case in our county that year.

I have three girls and all were vaccinated. I think the benefits out weigh the risks,....but that is just my opinion on the subject. Cutler is a dumb fuck naturally, and she doesn't seem much brighter, so I am not surprised.

I used to question the efficacy and safety of vaccines. Then I researched them. The chances of getting very sick/hospitalized/dead from any of the diseases is always greater than the chance of getting a bad vax reaction. My kid is vaccinated, on a very slightly slower schedule as that is what his pediatrician recommends in case there is a reaction. But, the problem is you have people who want to chance not vaccinating AND not getting the disease, and they benefit from the herd immunity of those of us who are vaccinated. It is a duty to public health, IMO, and that is what made me really turn my mind around about vaccination.

also? The anti-vax population has the stupidest celebrity spokespeople of all time.
    sluce, KrisNine, Flygirl and 5 others like this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by chartreuse View Post
    I used to question the efficacy and safety of vaccines. Then I researched them. The chances of getting very sick/hospitalized/dead from any of the diseases is always greater than the chance of getting a bad vax reaction. My kid is vaccinated, on a very slightly slower schedule as that is what his pediatrician recommends in case there is a reaction. But, the problem is you have people who want to chance not vaccinating AND not getting the disease, and they benefit from the herd immunity of those of us who are vaccinated. It is a duty to public health, IMO, and that is what made me really turn my mind around about vaccination.

also? The anti-vax population has the stupidest celebrity spokespeople of all time.
    I'm the same. I questioned it, researched it and decided to do it on a slower schedule. I do one shot at a time and I held off on the MMR because it's the one shot that tends to cause the most problems, not even related to autism. I prefer to do one shot at a time because if there is a reaction, we know exactly whats causing it.

I'll admit, I'm still terrified every time my kid gets a vaccination because there is always this little voice that pops into my head whispering something about autism and vaccinations. I know it sounds silly, but that's the voice that's the loudest these days. It's sad because these people are terrifying parents.

Kristin needs to do a little more research on her cause. I believe the numbers are 1 of 88 children, not just boys. I think the rate for boys is closer to 1 in 60-something. Also, I don't think there's mercury in the majority of vaccinations anymore. Except flu and you can get those without preservatives, which is what the mercury was for (at least that's what I think).
    WhateverLolaWants likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    You all rag on me for Peyton but this guy is ugly as sin. He looks like he's either constantly completely wasted or he was a mere 12 hours previously and hasn't washed yet.

And he's a middle-of-the-road QB and I feel sorry for Bears fans.
    Slight difference, no one is waxing poetic all over the board about the wonder that is Jay Cutler.
    Flygirl and levitt like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    read about herd immunity.

even if you are vaccinated, it doesn't necessarily mean you are protected - not everyone develops antibodies. and not all people can be vaccinated. for example, immuno-compromised people cannot be. and as you stated, some with allergies (say, to albumin) may not be able to receive some vaccines. so that's why we rely on those who can be vaccinated to get vaccinated. big problem in the bay area ....
    Great post.

I am all for the necessary vaccines. I hate the immunization schedule they have us on at work, though. I am stuck with so much stupid shit that I will never come in contact with. It is absolutely asinine. In the case of all the weird, untested vaccinations I have to endure, there most definitely is a higher chance of having a reaction rather than catching the actual disease. (Anthrax?!)

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    read about herd immunity.

even if you are vaccinated, it doesn't necessarily mean you are protected - not everyone develops antibodies. and not all people can be vaccinated. for example, immuno-compromised people cannot be. and as you stated, some with allergies (say, to albumin) may not be able to receive some vaccines. so that's why we rely on those who can be vaccinated to get vaccinated. big problem in the bay area ....
    Exactly! I have read about it! Who is to say one person's choice is not as valid as another's? Oh! And btw my whole family caught the swine flu after interacting with a child who sneezed all over us after getting the nasal vaccine. We have valid reasons for not getting certain vaccines, I don't doubt most people who say they do too. The very worst thing we have had was a severe reaction to vaccines in my eldest. Oh, and RSV hit us bad when one child was an infant, there is no vaccine for that. I can see I am in the minority on my opinion, and that is ok (not directed at the post above which I agree with).

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Exactly! I have read about it! Who is to say one person's choice is not as valid as another's? Oh! And btw my whole family caught the swine flu after interacting with a child who sneezed all over us after getting the nasal vaccine. We have valid reasons for not getting certain vaccines, I don't doubt most people who say they do too.
    MmeV - the thing about this is that herd immunity protects even those whose vaccination didn't take. However, when people don't get vaccinated, the herd immunity benefit breaks down. And the people who got vaccinated, but didn't get the benefit are now under threat by people who didn't get vaccinated. So, it creates a public health problem by all of a sudden having large instances of diseases that wouldn't be out there if everybdy got vaccinated.
    Flygirl, MsDark, sparkles and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    MmeV - the thing about this is that herd immunity protects even those whose vaccination didn't take. However, when people don't get vaccinated, the herd immunity benefit breaks down. And the people who got vaccinated, but didn't get the benefit are now under threat by people who didn't get vaccinated. So, it creates a public health problem by all of a sudden having large instances of diseases that wouldn't be out there if everybdy got vaccinated.
    I understand that. I am saying that these people have valid reasons for not being immunized as well, imho. It can be very a very subjective thing, whether or not you feel that someone has a valid reason for choosing or not choosing to vaccinate. Every person is different, every family is different. If you saw my previous post, I was vaccinated against German Measles, got it twice anyway, would have been spreading it to anyone who was not immune or even if they were "immune" like I was supposed to be. There are so many arguments for both sides, it depends on where you go for your information and who you trust. There is also a lot of money involved in this debate. I have said before on here how I feel about vaccines being a personal choice and not all are suitable for every person, so I will leave you with that.
    Flygirl likes this.

I read that a lot of people will change their minds about vaccinating when diseases like polio start resurfacing in the US. Polio isn't gone, it's just not here.

And, believe me, I'm sure people think shit about me because I vaccinate on a different schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I read that a lot of people will change their minds about vaccinating when diseases like polio start resurfacing in the US. Polio isn't gone, it's just not here.
    Probably, it is about weighing the risks. We did do polio as the risks of a reaction were so low and the benefits so high. It was not the vaccine that caused a reaction in my oldest child or any of my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by chartreuse View Post
    i was just about to come in and say that. they're on par with celebrity republicans.
    chartreuse likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

People who vaccinate or don't vaccinate live in society. There are always compromises people who live in society and circulate with other people are compelled to make. Like paying taxes so that we can all benefit from decent public roads. Or having people in restaurants observe health code laws, even if the people who work there think of them as a nuisance. When someone doesn't vaccinate a child and takes them out in public, to schools or to sporting events or common play areas, they are introducing the risk of their child contracting and spreading a disease that would not have been caught or propagated if they had decided to vaccinate. It's not a decision that affects them alone. It is a decision that contributes to wide-ranging negative effects.

Also, I don't believe that all choices are necessarily valid. For example, if a parent chooses to not educate their child at all, which shows up in the news frequently, that doesn't seem like a valid choice to me. They are refusing to help their child reach a certain intellectual potential and be a more productive and self-supporting member of society. For that reason, I think that the range of choices that people make can often be assessed and judged in terms of efficacy and even benefit for the overall group.

The only vaccine that I declined for my daughter was the chicken pox one and that was because it's given to children and (at the time) had a 10 year effective life and there was no booster. It didn't seem rational to me to delay the potential onset of chicken pox until a time when my daughter was an adult and it would be much more serious with far more troublesome complications. As it was, she got the pox, was sickish for about 18 hours and stayed home from school for a week until I begged to let her go back because she was driving me crazy.
    sluce and Novice like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information