Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Like Tree323Likes

Thread: Jay Cutler And Wife Kristin Cavallari Come Out As Vaccine Truthers

B.C. measles outbreak spreads to Washington's Whatcom county

A U.S. health officer has confirmed that an American resident contracted measles while in B.C.
    Greg Stern of the Whatcom County Health Department says the patient is isolated back at home.
    The outbreak was first declared March 8 in a region east of Vancouver where immunization rates were low within some religious communities and schools.
    The health authority then warned the virus was spreading and confirmed over two weeks ago thata student from BCIT in Burnaby, B.C., was infected.

Fraser Health says it has also been working with schools, community groups, churches and medical officials to control the virus and it has set up dedicated immunization clinics.

The Canadian Press, 2014

So now it's okay to vaccinate? After a bloody epidemic?

I won't post the whole thing because it's an academic journal, but this is an interesting read and mentions the circa 400,000 that "Dr" Wakefield was paid by lawyers to prove the autism/immunisation link. It's from the British Medical Journal, and it doesn't get much more legit than that as a source.

The abstract says: "In the first part of a special BMJ series, Brian Deer exposes the bogus data behind claims that launched a worldwide scare over the measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine, and reveals how the appearance of a link with autism was manufactured at a London medical school"

How the case against the MMR vaccine was fixed | BMJ

Nov - that was an interesting read, I read over it during a boring lecture and it kept me awake
    Novice likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I was bored while I was ill, so although it looks like I'm ragging on Happy, that wasn't intention, I just found out loads of info that I found interesting.

Working for the Govt, I don't understand why that data is not a trusted source as I know whatwe have to go through prior to release. It's not like opinion, it's provable facts that we deal with (very black and white).
    A lot of pharmaceutical companies do their own research, due to dealing with patent pending & intellectual properties which might not be safe "in other hands".

Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    B.C. measles outbreak spreads to Washington's Whatcom county

A U.S. health officer has confirmed that an American resident contracted measles while in B.C.
    Greg Stern of the Whatcom County Health Department says the patient is isolated back at home.
    The outbreak was first declared March 8 in a region east of Vancouver where immunization rates were low within some religious communities and schools.
    The health authority then warned the virus was spreading and confirmed over two weeks ago thata student from BCIT in Burnaby, B.C., was infected.

Fraser Health says it has also been working with schools, community groups, churches and medical officials to control the virus and it has set up dedicated immunization clinics.

The Canadian Press, 2014

So now it's okay to vaccinate? After a bloody epidemic?
    Well the Pope & the Islamic communities agreed years ago that the vaccines were "safe" from purely religious preoperative....
    Karistiona likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

--
    Novice, sluce, SHELLEE and 3 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Can I get an F, pls WCG?
    sparkles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Wonder how the anti-vax because it causes autism are feeling about the new study that believes autism begins in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy.

Brain Changes Suggest Autism Starts In The Womb : Shots - Health News : NPR
    Sluce, thanks for sharing this link. I am so grateful to the parents who were strong enough to make these donations and I am happy that research into the causes of autism is ongoing. But if I have to be completely honest, when I read that some believe something happens during pregnancy to cause autism, my first thought is to blame myself completely for my son's condition. I know it is an emotional reaction on my part, but I guess I will always feel tremendous guilt for what he has to cope with every day.
    70sRock likes this.

You know sparkles, when I read it my first thought was how mothers would now start to blame themselves and how wrong that is too. I have no doubt that you took good care of yourself through pregnancy, just as I did. So why did your child become autistic and mine did not? There are no concrete answers at this time so please be kind to yourself.
    Last edited by sluce; April 2nd, 2014 at 09:25 AM.
    sparkles, JWL and Serendipity like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sparkles View Post
    Sluce, thanks for sharing this link. I am so grateful to the parents who were strong enough to make these donations and I am happy that research into the causes of autism is ongoing. But if I have to be completely honest, when I read that some believe something happens during pregnancy to cause autism, my first thought is to blame myself completely for my son's condition. I know it is an emotional reaction on my part, but I guess I will always feel tremendous guilt for what he has to cope with every day.
    There is no one to blame, so don't ever do that to yourself. Your son, like mine, has challenges to face, but they are beautiful, wonderful human beings put on this earth for a reason. Their brains are wired differently, but they have gifts to share. We're lucky that we are their mothers. ((hugs))
    sluce, sparkles, JWL and 1 others like this.

My daughters also had doctor Sears (great family) and they spaced out their vaccines. They also did not get the HPV one. I am 64 years old and remember polio. I had two friends with it. They both were affected for life. I remember seeing kids in iron lungs! It was a very scary time. I also got chicken pox and measles. My kids had all their shots. There was no measles shot when my sister was young but somehow she was autistic anyway. Does the fact that they have found that autism begins in utero change any of these vaccine truthers mind? I doubt it.

I have 5 grand children 4 have been diagnosed with Asperger's. We know my husband has it both son in laws and one of my daughters. They are all brilliant and successful. I am lucky they are on the low end of the spectrum. It is usually hereditary is what they are finding out.
    Last edited by nana51; April 2nd, 2014 at 01:44 AM.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    If I had kids I would be against them having the MMR but that is only because both my mother and I have a history of reacting badly to vaccinations and medications. My choice would be for individual vaccinations rather than rolling the no-vaccine dice and hoping for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I've read up extensively on Sears. He has no expertise in immunology or public health. He also either has a very poor understanding of how to read scientific data, or he is deliberately misleading his readers. While his fear mongering is more subtle than some others, it's just as dangerous.

His incompetence is most clearly visible in examples like telling parents its OK not to vaccinate for measles because measles is now extremely rare. Yes, it had become rare, thanks to vaccine. The outbreak in 2008/2009 is directly traced to one of Sears patients who went on to infect other children in Sears' waiting room.
    My kids had Sears and got all their shots. He didn't try to talk them out of them at all. Just spaced out a bit, which was nice because they do SO many at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    My daughters also had doctor Sears (great family) and they spaced out their vaccines. They also did not get the HPV one. I am 64 years old and remember polio. I had two friends with it. They both were affected for life. I remember seeing kids in iron lungs! It was a very scary time. I also got chicken pox and measles. My kids had all their shots. There was no measles shot when my sister was young but somehow she was autistic anyway. Does the fact that they have found that autism begins in utero change any of these vaccine truthers mind? I doubt it.

I have 5 grand children 4 have been diagnosed with Asperger's. We know my husband has it both son in laws and one of my daughters. They are all brilliant and successful. I am lucky they are on the low end of the spectrum. It is usually hereditary is what they are finding out.
    I thought that the HPV vaccine was new? & they give it to girls pre-first sexual experience (9 in some cases, which is sad imo).

The idiocy is spreading.

Ohio mumps outbreak grows to 116 cases, mainly at Ohio State | Reuters

(Reuters) - The number of mumps cases from an outbreak in central Ohio has more than quadrupled over the last two weeks, to 116, mostly students at Ohio State University or people connected to the school, authorities said Tuesday.

The outbreak had been limited to the university and those connected to it initially, but health officials said in late March it had spread to other parts of the Columbus, Ohio, area. The reported cases stood at 28 two weeks ago.

Four people have been hospitalized in the outbreak, which includes 93 students, staff members or relatives of students at the school, the Columbus Health Department said.

At least three of the infected people are confirmed as not having received vaccinations for the mumps, said Jose Rodriguez, a Columbus health department spokesman.

"If even one person is unvaccinated we are all at risk," he said.

Rodriguez said 10 to 20 percent of the population is vulnerable even if they have been fully vaccinated for measles, mumps and rubella. Potential complications from the mumps can be permanent, he added.

There have been four reported cases of orchitis, a swelling of the testicles that can lead to infertility, and one of potential deafness among the infected, he said.

Mumps is a contagious disease that causes painful swelling of the salivary glands. It is considered rare in the United States. Franklin County, which includes Columbus, typically sees one reported mumps case per year.

The number of mumps cases reported annually in the United States has dropped 98 percent since a vaccine was introduced in the 1960s, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

A multi-state outbreak in 2006 led to nearly 6,600 reported cases with more than 80 percent of the people saying they were attending college.

*(So this may solve some problems).

Now I've gotta worry about sending my kid to college? Can people rendered infertile because 3 people didn't want to get a shot sue?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I don't see why not, since their actions (or inactions in this case) have harmed them.

Also isn't mumps notifiable, so if you're suspected of having it you're supposed to go into quarantine to prevent the spread if your are a confirmed case - are these people doing this? Or only now that the CDC is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by MissVenus View Post
    Perhaps some of these 'anti-vax' types should Google images of people dying of polio, TB, typhoid, measles etc just so they can get themselves a little reality check. The past couple generations haven't had to live through periods where they saw these horrific diseases killing en masse.

I cannot stand these "I just had a baby and *poof* I now know more than doctors and the medical community as a whole". I aggravates me to no end. Years and years of pain-staking medical research for the betterment of society, but "meh" what would they know.

My SIL is one of the aforementioned - I have to restrain myself from slapping her. But then she is a whole other breed of crazy who doesn't believe in schooling, religion or discipline for children either. Did I mention how well that is working out for her kid? Yeah... not.

Evolution is lost on her.

Anyway, enough of my rant. Thanks Modern Medicine - you're freaking AWESOME!
    Very true! I read and read and read until my eyes were crossed, but you know what? I don't have the education, the background, nor the experience to parse a lot of the research. And, I'm not an idiot. But, dude, science works, bitches, and I was deluding myself with the whole fear of vaccine related injuries business. And, DS's pediatrician is old school and remembers polio. Things like that made me go, "woah! I'm on the wrong train of thought here" and dump my vaccine woo. I am so thankful that I did.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I thought that the HPV vaccine was new? & they give it to girls pre-first sexual experience (9 in some cases, which is sad imo).
    My daughters take their children to Doctor Sears. At least they did, they have both moved too far.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information