Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Jamie Oliver 'mixed business with pleasure' and it's lost him $150 million

I have a weird relationship with Jamie Oliver. I enjoy watching him cook but never like the things he cooks. It all looks great while its going on but then the end result is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Jamie once even claimed to be part Sudanese. Yes, Sudanese.
    Sudan / Cornwall. Itís an easy mistake to make when you are a wanker.

Don't we all have weird family legends in our backgrounds though? One of my dadís cousinís relatives is from Constantine or somewhere that was considered equally exotic....
    BITTER and Waterslide like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raff View Post
    I have a weird relationship with Jamie Oliver. I enjoy watching him cook but never like the things he cooks. It all looks great while its going on but then the end result is rubbish.
    I like his food, it's rustic and interesting. But on his show you could see his dirty fingernails. He didn't wash his hands after picking fruits and veggies out of his garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Sudan / Cornwall. It’s an easy mistake to make when you are a wanker.

Don't we all have weird family legends in our backgrounds though? One of my dad’s cousin’s relatives is from Constantine or somewhere that was considered equally exotic....
    I did my DNA on Ancestry.com. I'm only 60 % sub-Saharan African!!!! The rest is a combination of Spanish, English, Swedish and.....Filipino!!!! I don't know any Filipinos....

I didn't realize that Jamie had money problems though. He seemed to be quite successful - in Europe. But when he came to the US to try to get those kids to eat healthy at school, things didn't go well. I got the impression that they resented being talked down to. Sometimes chefs on TV can come across as elitist. Even Bourdain had some moments.
    Novice and Waterslide like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

I think he did a great job in trying to tackle obesity in children. It's a serious problem on many levels. I've been to the Birmingham site of one of his restaurants and it was nicely done out, very busy at the time but the food was overpriced and mediocre.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I like his food, it's rustic and interesting. But on his show you could see his dirty fingernails. He didn't wash his hands after picking fruits and veggies out of his garden.
    In my younger days I worked professionally as a cook and my fingernails were always black, which was a mystery to me because I washed my hands constantly and my nails were clipped right down. It was quite annoying.
    BITTER and Waterslide like this.

So he did a Trump and gave all his friends and family members jobs and now wonders why he's losing money and failing.
    BITTER likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'd like to hear Gordon Ramsay's take on this, I know he's always taking the piss out of Jamie.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

I once ate at one of his restaurants, it was really bad. The tomato sauce tasted like ketchup.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    I once ate at one of his restaurants, it was really bad. The tomato sauce tasted like ketchup.
    This is how I imagine it would be.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information