Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree304Likes

Thread: Jamie Lynn Spears' Daughter Badly Hurt in ATV Accident -- Report

That's good. I'm glad she's breathing and awake.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Gold Member

Sounds promising. I've noticed that young children oftentimes tend to bounce back better from incidents like this than teens or adults, though I would find it very surprising if Maddie were to have no neurological damage either in the short term or the long term.
    Bombshell and Lalasnake like this.

Look at Cary Hart, he posts his daughter riding her motorcycle, but it's always in open spaces. You teach them properly and give them the proper equipment, it shouldn't be a problem.

I wouldn't give my kid a pocket bike at that age either, however from the videos Hart has posted there's a world of difference. The pocket bike Willow is riding is specially designed for little kids and she doesn't appear to hit more than 10 mph on it. She also just rides in small areas, like in circles on the grass or on a bike track, supervised by her dad, who is a professional rider. Most importantly she's wearing a helmet and a protective suit. It doesn't look like he lets her go off roading by herself, without equipment, by bodies of water. (None of the Instagram photos of Maddie's family ATV riding show anyone, adults or kid, wearing helmets or any protective gear.)
    arie_skop and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Sad to say this but I see parents at my kids' school dropping off their kids who are not in car or booster seats or are sitting in the front seat of the car. I live in a suburb that is not cheap to reside in.
    Yep, I wasn't going to go there, but since you did....... ITA, so many people want to criticize her for a parenting choice yet they have their young child in booster seats at age 3, FF carseats at age 1, no booster at 5/6, etc. Sure, the laws are different in every state, but common sense should tell you your little child could submarine right out of a seatbelt at age 3/4. Front seats are a whole other issue, no elementary age child should be in the front seat. So before you throw stones, look at your decisions. No one is perfect.
    NickiDrea likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    I wouldn't give my kid a pocket bike at that age either, however from the videos Hart has posted there's a world of difference. The pocket bike Willow is riding is specially designed for little kids and she doesn't appear to hit more than 10 mph on it. She also just rides in small areas, like in circles on the grass or on a bike track, supervised by her dad, who is a professional rider. Most importantly she's wearing a helmet and a protective suit. It doesn't look like he lets her go off roading by herself, without equipment, by bodies of water. (None of the Instagram photos of Maddie's family ATV riding show anyone, adults or kid, wearing helmets or any protective gear.)[/COLOR]

That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yeah, I grew up with farm kids. A lot of them were driving tractors and stuff as soon as they were tall enough to reach the pedals. Still that equipment is nowhere near as tip-prone as an ATV, which is meant​ to do stunts and crap. Plus, the kids were working when they were driving farm equipment, not playing.
    Ditto. Bikes, tractors, scooters, landies, cars.... The list goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yep, that was exactly my first thought when I saw this thread, all the criticism Britney got for the kid in her lap, and her "but we're country, y'all!" defense. I really didn't want to say it, because in this case, a little girl's life is on the line and I hated to start blaming the parents right out of the gate. But...yeah.
    You can't breed the stupid out of some people.
    Not sorry that things are picking up for the kid & feel sorry for the mothers but really? What did she expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    I don't think kids riding ATV's, dirt bikes, etc. is all that uncommon and it's not just backwoods hillbillies as others have stated. Many have done it safely and many haven't. Look at Cary Hart, he posts his daughter riding her motorcycle, but it's always in open spaces. You teach them properly and give them the proper equipment, it shouldn't be a problem.

This is only in the news due to the celebrity family. If she would have just flipped she would probably be injured but not fighting for her life. Kids and water seem to always be an issue. If you are going to have a riding track, it should be no where near open bodies of water, trees, etc.
    But just remember Carey Hart doesn't put his dog on the bike.
    And didn't his kid not have a helmet on & pink got all pissy when he was called out about it???

Seriously, my neighbours kid was out on their at (which is more of the 4-wheel motorbike variety) no protective clothing, helmet etc. I thought that the parents were stupid but I've seen him on the tractor with no adult supervision too & he's 8 (or so).
    Darwin at him best.
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I feel for these people, but giving a kid that age an ATV is like giving them a bottle of scotch and a loaded handgun. Sure, maybe nothing will happen, but the odds are against it...

8 year old children have no business operating a motor vehicle, which is why we don't let them drive cars.
    OMG!!! I guess the bottle & handgun fell out when she went in the pond!!!
    Free Charmed.

It was a bottle of Talisker! Fucking kids...never let them take the top shelf booze.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Bottle might float.

Oh! Funny story (for me).
    When she was looking title my sister used to fall in any/every body of water.
    She fell in a pond and her plastic pants (over her nappy) acted as a boy and floated..... With her face down.
    She was OK (we think) but it's fun to watch her face as the parents roll put this story at Xmas etc.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Free Charmed.

My cousin had go-karts and even a mini motorcycle and we used to ride those all the time as kids. Of course, this was way out in the country. But I know we were doing stuff like that younger than 10. These were much smaller vehicles than an ATV, but they were motorized.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

So glad she is ok.
    Lalasnake likes this.

praise Cheetos, this child is okay!

This is wonderful news! A miracle. This family has been through enough. Now, go make really smart, safe decisions from here on out, y'all!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm relieved to hear that things are looking up for Maddie. I wonder if the low temperature of the water acted in her favour? The body uses less oxygen when very cold and some people (more usually children) have been successfully resuscitated after spending considerable amounts of time in freezing water.

Whatever the deal is, Maddie got lucky and I hope that this is a hard lesson well learned by her family.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I hope no one is serious about the walking stuff animals being dangerous

Glad to hear positive news about the girl.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

She's a Spears anyway, she doesn't need that many brain cells to function, she'll be fine.
    Trixie, Beeyotch, Taedium and 2 others like this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information