Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree304Likes

Thread: Jamie Lynn Spears' Daughter Badly Hurt in ATV Accident -- Report

I don't know, I have a hard time judging this mom right now. That ATV looks small and in the photo it seems to fit the child just fine, so maybe they looked right past the warnings. It seems like a terrible accident and her mom and stepdad were right there with her. But take my opinion for what it's worth - my daughter was riding a dirtbike at 5.

Growing up in the country with wide spaces of land, loads of kids were and still do drive things they shouldn't. My dad drove himself to school when he was 9 years old sitting on a pillow. Is it smart or the right thing, no but I'm pretty sure Jamie Lynn is running all this shit through her head right now and it was an accident. I can't imagine what she is going through and don't want too. Sometimes it just seems the luck of the draw whether the stupid thing you do or allow to be done has consequences or not.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I don't know, I have a hard time judging this mom right now.
    I'm sure that she is judging herself quite hard right now. Poor child, poor mother, poor family.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    This also brought to mind the fact that Britney was photographed back during her manic years with one of her sons on her lap while she was driving, and I think the excuse was, "I'm from Louisiana. This is just what we do." I guess that's the Beverly Hillbillies defense.
    Yep, that was exactly my first thought when I saw this thread, all the criticism Britney got for the kid in her lap, and her "but we're country, y'all!" defense. I really didn't want to say it, because in this case, a little girl's life is on the line and I hated to start blaming the parents right out of the gate. But...yeah.
    czb, Waterslide and Beeyotch like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

This also brought to mind the fact that Britney was photographed back during her manic years with one of her sons on her lap while she was driving, and I think the excuse was, "I'm from Louisiana. This is just what we do." I guess that's the Beverly Hillbillies defense.

When the kids were older, Britney was also photographed driving them around unsecured without seatbelts or carseats. Her excuse was, "I'm just country." Which is bullshit. Pre Britney's fame, the Spears family lived in a middle class home in suburban Kentwood. They weren't farmers, rural or country. Jamie Lynn then spent most of her childhood in a mansion Los Angeles. They're rich people who then decided to play at being hillbillies. (Except even most hillbillies know basic road safety).

Is it smart or the right thing, no but I'm pretty sure Jamie Lynn is running all this shit through her head right now and it was an accident. I can't imagine what she is going through and don't want too. Sometimes it just seems the luck of the draw whether the stupid thing you do or allow to be done has consequences or not.

I think this attitude absolves people of a lot of dumb shit when they should know better. Laws and warnings exist for a reason. Part of being an adult and a parent is not putting your kids at needless risk, like buying a dangerous machine for your untrained 7 year old to drive by herself and ignoring the age limit. Assuming, "well, the rules don't apply to my kid" is a shitty philosophy and surprise, it results in easily preventable situations like this one. It's the same thing if someone let their kid drove a car and it crashed, or took a kid out on a boat without a life vest and the kid went overboard, etc. If something bad then happens, what does feeling bad after the fact do? It's a parent's job to keep your kid safe using common sense. I feel bad for Maddie, because she's the one who is paying the consequences.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Bronze Member

It's already Tuesday and no update. I'd say things aren't looking good for her. Poor family to have to go through something like this.

Elite Member

I don't think kids riding ATV's, dirt bikes, etc. is all that uncommon and it's not just backwoods hillbillies as others have stated. Many have done it safely and many haven't. Look at Cary Hart, he posts his daughter riding her motorcycle, but it's always in open spaces. You teach them properly and give them the proper equipment, it shouldn't be a problem.

This is only in the news due to the celebrity family. If she would have just flipped she would probably be injured but not fighting for her life. Kids and water seem to always be an issue. If you are going to have a riding track, it should be no where near open bodies of water, trees, etc.
    Last edited by happy8; February 7th, 2017 at 03:04 PM.
    BrickHouse likes this.

I feel for these people, but giving a kid that age an ATV is like giving them a bottle of scotch and a loaded handgun. Sure, maybe nothing will happen, but the odds are against it...

8 year old children have no business operating a motor vehicle, which is why we don't let them drive cars.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    When the kids were older, Britney was also photographed driving them around unsecured without seatbelts or carseats. Her excuse was, "I'm just country." Which is bullshit. Pre Britney's fame, the Spears family lived in a middle class home in suburban Kentwood. They weren't farmers, rural or country. Jamie Lynn then spent most of her childhood in a mansion Los Angeles. They're rich people who then decided to play at being hillbillies. (Except even most hillbillies know basic road safety).
    Yeah, it's a shoddy excuse and the only people I've ever seen not use seatbelts or carseats in 2017 aren't from the country, and they're usually on drugs and on their way to getting their kids taken away from them, so it's definitely not a country thing. As for her questionable country roots, it was an odd shtick to adopt for a pop star (as opposed to an up and coming country singer, I guess), but adopt it the Spears did.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

ATV's are the devil. So damned dangerous even for adults. Letting an 8-year-old drive it, alone, near a pond and stuff? Bad idea jeans.
    Hope she comes through ok.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Within two minutes, Acadian Ambulance Services arrived and assisted in freeing the child from the cold waters,” the report continued.
    2 minutes? Was the ambulance parked in their driveway?
    Waterslide, fgg, Wisher2 and 4 others like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Yeah, it's a shoddy excuse and the only people I've ever seen not use seatbelts or carseats in 2017 aren't from the country, and they're usually on drugs and on their way to getting their kids taken away from them, so it's definitely not a country thing. As for her questionable country roots, it was an odd shtick to adopt for a pop star (as opposed to an up and coming country singer, I guess), but adopt it the Spears did.
    Sad to say this but I see parents at my kids' school dropping off their kids who are not in car or booster seats or are sitting in the front seat of the car. I live in a suburb that is not cheap to reside in.

Also, I grew up in the South with parents who not only had a lot of money but who were medical professionals, one was a surgeon. And yes, he let me sit in his lap and drive his car (on a Main Street!!), taught me to shoot, let me drive his car on our property, etc. I had a very southern upbringing that way because my dad grew up in the Deep South and he didn't think it was unusual despite the fact that I didn't grow up in the Deep South and many of those things were dangerous!

He would have gotten me an ATV if I wanted one, I'm sure.
    Waterslide, Wisher2 and Flygirl like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Or the station is right next to their property.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    2 minutes? Was the ambulance parked in their driveway?
    I live super close to a fire house and they can get there in two minutes, but that is pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Sad to say this but I see parents at my kids' school dropping off their kids who are not in car or booster seats or are sitting in the front seat of the car. I live in a suburb that is not cheap to reside in.
    Ugh, that would drive me insane if I saw that. Now I'm going to be paying closer attention when I drive by schools. What is wrong with people? Didn't those driver's ed movies teach them anything? I mean it's not the 70s anymore.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Jamie Lynn Spears‘ daughter Maddie is on the mend.

“With her father, mother and stepfather by her side, Maddie regained consciousness mid-day Tuesday, February 7,” the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Department tells PEOPLE in a statement provided by a Spears family rep. “The 8-year-old daughter of entertainer Jamie Lynn Spears was involved in an ATV accident at a family home Sunday in Kentwood, La. Paramedics resuscitated her and she was airlifted to a local hospital. She is aware of her surroundings and recognizes those family members who have kept a round-the-clock vigil since the accident.”

The statement continues: “Doctors were able to remove the ventilator today and she is awake and talking. Maddie continues to receive oxygen and is being monitored closely but it appears that she has not suffered any neurological consequences from the accident.”

On Sunday, Maddie was driving an ATV within view of Spears and her husband Jamie Watson when she took a hard right to avoid running over a nearby drainage ditch, causing the vehicle to “enter the pond” on her parents’ property, reads a police report obtained by PEOPLE Monday.

“The ATV and child were instantly submerged in the water right before their eyes. Within seconds the child’s mother, stepfather and other family members reached the pond, dove in and attempted to rescue the child to no avail,” the report said. “The child was trapped and secured by the seatbelt and the ATV’s safety netting. Within two minutes, Acadian Ambulance Services arrived and assisted in freeing the child from the cold waters.”
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information