Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree304Likes

Thread: Jamie Lynn Spears' Daughter Badly Hurt in ATV Accident -- Report

They're all over the place here. Helmets optional. Stupid, I know.

But hey, you don't see me on one! Or DarkJr as long as I have breath in my body. That kid can't even keep a damn golf cart on the path.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

They're all over by me too. Couple weeks back a young teen flipped right at the top of my driveway on ice in the road. I was just glad he technically wasn't on my property.

Elite Member

I can't imagine not being able to free your own child if he/she was submerged in water. That had to be terrifying. I hope Maddie recovers fully.

ATVs are so dangerous. Such a risky activity for an 8 year old. IMO no one should drive one until they are legally able to drive a car.

I heard on the radio this morning that Polaris issued a statement that their ATVs are not to be used by under 10, and that they have warnings stating that on the ATV documentation and packaging. However Jamie Lynn ignored the warnings and bought the ATV for Maddie on her 7th birthday last year.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

A 7 year old with an ATV. Good grief.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    A 7 year old with an ATV. Good grief.
    Exactly. Is it a redneck thing or are there stupid parents all over the world that allow their small children to drive dangerous gasoline powered vehicles? I mean, I drove a truck when I was 12. Up in the country. On dirt roads. With my dad or grandfather sitting next to me. But that's different.

I'm sorry for Maddie and I pray she's OK. But I hope this is a cautionary tale to parents with small children.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Is it a redneck thing or are there stupid parents all over the world that allow their small children to drive dangerous gasoline powered vehicles?
    It's extremely rare here in Italy that a child would be allowed to drive anything, especially by themselves.
    There are kids vehicles that kids can drive in controlled environments (like a special track with limited speed inside amusement parks), but that's it.
    Brookie likes this.

Guys, you have to remember this was on a large property in the South. I know people that drove cars, trucks and tractors on their land right around that age. I'm not condoning it, but it seems this is pretty common in rural areas. My in-laws live in rural Maine ... my nieces and nephews drove kid sized ATVs from about 4yo and on. They were driving automobiles as soon as they could reach the pedals around their "farms". Again, I don't condone it.

Yeah, I grew up with farm kids. A lot of them were driving tractors and stuff as soon as they were tall enough to reach the pedals. Still that equipment is nowhere near as tip-prone as an ATV, which is meant​ to do stunts and crap. Plus, the kids were working when they were driving farm equipment, not playing.
    Bluebonnet and Waterslide like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Then there's these things. Yeah, they're only going maybe 15-20mph, but I could see a kid getting hurt easily on these.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Exactly. Is it a redneck thing or are there stupid parents all over the world that allow their small children to drive dangerous gasoline powered vehicles? I mean, I drove a truck when I was 12. Up in the country. On dirt roads. With my dad or grandfather sitting next to me. But that's different.

I'm sorry for Maddie and I pray she's OK. But I hope this is a cautionary tale to parents with small children.
    I don't know. A lot of my family live in the boonies, and on farms, and big wooded properties, and they've all gotten to grow up with all these things that everyone else sees as mortal dangers, so I try to catch myself when I jump to conclusions about accidents like this. However, like bluebonnet said, my childhood (and even some grown-up) forays into redneck life have always involved lots of adult guidance and common sense, and the experience seems to be the same for my more hillbilly-inclined cousins and their kids.

Mostly I don't think a 7-year-old should be operating an ATV and this tragedy could have been avoided. At the same time, I have no idea how terrifying and heartbreaking this is for them. I really hope she pulls through.

This also brought to mind the fact that Britney was photographed back during her manic years with one of her sons on her lap while she was driving, and I think the excuse was, "I'm from Louisiana. This is just what we do." I guess that's the Beverly Hillbillies defense.
    Nevan, czb, Trixie and 1 others like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yeah, I grew up with farm kids. A lot of them were driving tractors and stuff as soon as they were tall enough to reach the pedals. Still that equipment is nowhere near as tip-prone as an ATV, which is meant​ to do stunts and crap. Plus, the kids were working when they were driving farm equipment, not playing.
    ^^Exactly!^^
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yep, I didn't even factor in the farm equipment, and agree, it's a totally different ball of wax than an ATV.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Then there's these things. Yeah, they're only going maybe 15-20mph, but I could see a kid getting hurt easily on these.

I thought you said those animals go 15-20mph. That would be amazing! I would ride on one of those to work or to client meeting.
    Brookie, fgg, Sarzy and 9 others like this.
    -

^^^^ That was a guess. No clue how fast they really go, but they look like they're moving at a pretty good clip.

ETA: I was in Maine a while ago with a broken foot. My SIL dragged me to the mall and we "borrowed" one of those ... what are they called, elderly go carts? It's speed knob was a turtle up to a rabbit. For the entire mall trip, I was doing around a turtle so my SIL could keep up with me. We realized we were still shopping at closing time, and I had to return the "go cart" reallllllly quickly or we'd be locked out with me walking on a broken foot. I turned it all the way up to rabbit. Thank god the mall was pretty empty because this thing was MOVING! I was zipping by people and seating and trash cans with my long hair completely blowing in the wind. When I got there, I asked them how much they wanted for it. Lol. I've been on ATVs before, even racing them. This go cart rivaled that in speed. I've had to use them in other places and nothing ever came close to speed as the rabbit! Sorry, OT, just thought it was funny.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information