Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree304Likes

Thread: Jamie Lynn Spears' Daughter Badly Hurt in ATV Accident -- Report

how horrible, i hope she recovers. sorry for going there, but "critical but stable" doesn't sound good. carrie fisher was "critical but stable" as well...

Jamie Lynn Spears Daughter in Critical but Stable Condition

2/6/2017 9:00 AM PST

EXCLUSIVE

Maddie Aldridge
    , the 8-year-old daughter of Jamie Lynn Spears, is in critical but stable condition after her ATV accident ... sources connected with the family tell TMZ.
    As we reported, Maddie was on a Polaris off-road vehicle Sunday when it flipped over, sending her into a lake where she was submerged for several minutes.
    We're told Maddie was unconscious and taken to a local hospital, where she was airlifted to a New Orleans hospital.
    Our sources say Maddie, the niece of Britney Spears, was seriously injured but doctors say she's critical but stable.
    Story developing ...

Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

Brookie, Nevan, Wisher2 and 1 others like this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

"Submerged for several minutes" doesn't sound good either.
    Nevan, Wisher2, HWBL and 2 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Jamie Lynn Spears Tried to Free Maddie from ATV, Police Report Says

Jamie Lynn Spears and her husband Jamie Watson were nearby when her eight-year-old daughter Maddie was involved in an ATV accident that left her pinned underwater.

The police report on the incident reveals that the accident happened on the family’s property in Louisiana on Sunday afternoon (February 5) just before 3:00pm. It did not happen on a hunting trip, as some reports suggested.
    Maddie tried to steer the ATV to avoid driving over a draining ditch located near a pond on the property.
    “In doing so, she overcorrected causing the ATV to enter the pond,” the report said (via People). “The ATV and child were instantly submerged in the water right before their eyes.”

“Within seconds the child’s mother [Spears], step-father [Watson] and other family members reached the pond, dove in and attempted to rescue the child to no avail. The child was trapped and secured by the seatbelt and the ATV’s safety netting. Within two minutes, Acadian Ambulance Services arrived and assisted in freeing the child from the cold waters,” the report continued.
    “This is an extremely tragic accident. The Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office is asking you to keep this family in your constant prayers as they try to cope with this horrible incident. We ask that you respect their privacy during this time of need,” the report concluded.
    Maddie is currently hospitalized in stable, but critical condition and we are sending our prayers to her and the whole Spears family.

Read more: Jamie Lynn Spears Tried to Free Maddie from ATV, Police Report Says | Celebrity Babies, Jamie Lynn Spears, Jamie Watson, Maddie Aldridge : Just Jared
    Wisher2 and Annika like this.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

That is horrible. i really hope she'll get through this.

How horrifying that would be to see and to not be able to rescue her quicker.

Bronze Member

I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look good and they are keeping pretty mum. As someone said upthread, miracles do happen and I'm praying that is the case here.
    louiswinthorpe111 and Syd like this.
    I'm Wisher, new & improved version.

This is why 8 year olds should not be driving ATVs. They don't have the experience and hand/eye coordination to operate a vehicle. I know people will rush to say that they know kids that age who drive ones just fine, but there's a reason many states have laws against anyone under 12 driving them, even on private land (and 12 and over requiring certificates from a safety course). Polaris ATVs have top speeds anywhere from 50 to 80 mph! They're actual vehicles with the ability to kill and injure, and too many adults think that because they're small and off-road they're like toys. It's not like it being private land means it's cushioned - your little kid will still get injured or killed when they flip the thing over going the speed of an actual car.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Dear God, that's horrifying. That poor child and her family. I really hope she pulls through.
    Serendipity likes this.

I worked with a young attorney who broke his back flipping an ATV when he was a teenager. Even 15 years later he was still in pain all day every day. Nice guy too.
    Brookie likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I know someone with one leg permanently damaged from an atv accident as well. And no 8 year old should be driving one.
    Serendipity likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

so sorry this has happened to this little girl. Prayers for her recovery and the families strength. How awful for all of them.

Elite Member

So sad! I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume she was riding an ATV that was size/age appropriate. Regardless, being submerged is an issue. Watching your child get injured and not being able to help your child is my ultimate fear.
    Serendipity likes this.

oh no, this is awful. Poor kid, hope she will be ok

ONTD found several pics on the stepdad's Instagram of her riding, not one includes her wearing a helmet or protective. Looks like a Polaris Rzr maybe? On an ATV forum I go to sometimes the general accepted rule of riders is no kid under 10 should be driving an ATV without an adult also in the vehicle with a kill switch (will shut off the vehicle). I agree with the states that have the minimum age at 12 with certification required. I wouldn't let a kid drive one alone until at least 14, and never without proper gear.

"Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I dont know much about ATV or been one but seems like she's too young to be driving one. Very risky.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information