Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Jack Osbourne diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis

Wow that is very sad. Just as he seemed to really get it together. I hope he stays well for a long time. It's such an awful disease.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

i wish him all the best, this really sucks.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Poor thing. There's a lot of new treatments for it nowadays and especially in alternative therapies, like Ayurvedic medicine, if he's into that kind of thing...

A guy I used to know was diagnosed in the 90s and is still virtually the same person today.

Best wishes to him, though.
    Mrs Fawlty likes this.

Really hope he has the most treatable form and lives a relatively normal life.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

*8*
    Silver Member

Best of luck to him. Really sad news.

I hope he has the best possible outcome. I wonder what his symptoms were that lead him to get checked and diagnosed? One of my closest friends was just diagnosed with MS two weeks ago at age 50. For about a month, she was slurring her speech randomly. I've been doing a lot of reading up on it since and it seems that there is a wide range of how people are affected. Some people go years in-between flare ups, which are mild in nature and at the other extreme are people who are bedridden.

Poor guy it can be a torturous disease, my Mom had it for 40+ years. Usually when dx young it can be very progressive. This woman has changed many lives with her experience.
    Terry Wahls MD | Defeating Progressive Multiple Sclerosis without Drugs | MS Recovery | Food As Medicine turned her MS completely around with diet and high consumption of nutrients.

this drug has been very helpful in boosting your immune system and has helped many MS patients, lupus, Fibro, CANCER patients as well. Very interesting drug.
    The Low Dose Naltrexone Homepage

You're right, Witchywoman, if he had symptoms this early in life, the disease is likely to progress quickly. I hope that's not the case, poor guy.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

He got checked out because he lost 60% vision in one eye.

Poor guy, this is a bitch of a disease.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The only person I know who has MS was diagnosed about 15 years ago and since then, he has lost significant mobility and is confined to a wheelchair. He does have serious enough limitations that he is no longer able to work, but cognitively he seems pretty in tact. It's interesting how MS can affect people in such different ways.

It all depends if you have remitting/recurring MS, or progressive MS.

Progressive MS is brutal. R/R isn't good, but the loss of facilites is much more rapid for those who have progressive. Although you can start with r/r and it can change to progressive.

I read that Osbourne has r/r.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Gold Member

That's sad

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    It all depends if you have remitting/recurring MS, or progressive MS.

Progressive MS is brutal. R/R isn't good, but the loss of facilites is much more rapid for those who have progressive. Although you can start with r/r and it can change to progressive.

I read that Osbourne has r/r.
    r/r is more common when diagnosed in younger people, so that's most likely what jack osbourne has.
    my mother's cousin is in new york right now because she's just been diagnosed with primary progressive ms. she's in her mid 60s. she's about to start a pretty hardcore treatment that's basically chemo to try to slow it down but at this point, because of her age and the type of ms, she's hoping they can slow it down enough that she can still have 5-10 years of relatively good quality of life.
    it's fucking sad because she's always been so active and loves her job and travelling and learning and i just hate that this fucking disease is going to rob her of the ability to do all the things she loves.
    she noticed something was wrong about a year ago but didn't think it was serious until about 6 months ago. it started with a few random falls that in hindsight seemed weird because she sort of fell for not reason. then she started peeing herself so she went to the gyno and they thought it was just her age and the fact that she had 3 kids so she had surgery to fix that and after the surgery the gyno said something was off and she should see a neurologist. and that's when she realised she also couldn't run or crouch anymore and it took months but she finally got a diagnosis.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Sput that's hellish, i'm so sorry. It's a dreadful disease, my heart goes out to Jack and all the other poor souls who have it.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information