Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Jack Nicholson Retires from Acting

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I loved him in Terms of Endearment!

"I think we're gonna have to get drunk."
    Oh, so did I. I never wanted that movie to end!! He was hysterical in that.
    Sylkyn likes this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

'Jack Nicholson was a chronic drug user': New candid biography alleges actor 'took LSD, cocaine, and marijuana in early career'

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 01:33, 20 September 2013 | UPDATED: 16:08, 20 September 2013

Allegations: A new biography alleges Jack Nicholson 'used drugs' in the early stages of his career

Jack Nicholson was a 'chronic drug user in the early years of his career' it is being alleged.
    A new biography claims that the actor, now 76-years-old, began his drug use 'with LSD in the early 1960s.'

Exerpts published in The National Enquirer and Radar, from the forthcoming tome Nicholson, by Marc Eliot alleges Nicholson also 'took cocaine and marijuana.'

He alleges: 'Jack’s experiences with the drug were life-changing. He believed after taking it the first time that he had seen the face of God.'
    Eliot also claims Nicholson wrote the screenplay for the cult 1967 film The Trip while 'on acid' and
    'regularly got stoned and dropped acid' while writing The Monkees psychedelic adventure comedy film Head the following year.

And Nicholson is alleged to have met potential investors for the cult Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper film Easy Rider 'with a joint'.

In fact, drugs were a constant presence on the Easy Rider set, according to a slew of reports and subsequent comments by the actors themselves.

Nicholson is said to have later admitted: 'Being stoned has helped me creatively [with] writing… it’s easier to entertain yourself mentally.'
    The actress Susan Anspach, Nicholson's ex-girlfriend, once even alleged he took cocaine to get though a crying scene in 1970 drama Five Easy Pieces.

Real drug use: Jack Nicholson and Peter Fonda in the hit 1967 movie Easy Rider

Tough scene: Nicholson is alleged to 'have used illegal substances during the filming of Five Easy Pieces

New tome: The biography, by Marc Eliot is to be released next month

Nicholson and a friend is also alleged to have 'chain smoked joints' while shooting 1973 film The Last Detail 'to keep warm and stay high, which he was most of the time,' according to Elliot.

Controversially, Nicholson famously told People magazine that drugs 'ain’t no big thing' in a 1980 interview.
    'I still love to get high, I'd say, about four days a week. I think that's about average for an American,' he said. 'Last year on a raft trip I had a little flavour of the season - peach mescaline - but it was not like the hallucinatory state of the '60s. This was just kind of sunny.

'I don't advocate anything for anybody. But I choose always to be candid because I don't like the closet atmosphere of drugging. In other words, it ain't no big thing. You can wreck yourself with it, but Christ, you can wreck yourself with anything.'

Eliot writes that the legendary hellraiser began to curtail his excesses after the death of several close friends, physical problems and realising 'his drug use was taking a toll on his career.' Apparently Nicholson lost out on the role of Rooster Hannigan in Annie because Carol Burnett, who played Mrs Hannigan, was a stringent anti-drug crusader.

Jack Nicolson playing George Hanson in 1969 hit Easy Rider

‘One of the toughest parts of ageing is losing your friends,' Nicholson told The Daily Mail back in 2011. 'At first it starts quietly, then pretty soon it’s every month, and you can’t help but think, “When is that bell going to go off for me?” And on top of that you feel this constant loss.

'At this time of life, you feel just a sword’s point from death. It’s frightening – who wants to face God and the clear white light? I know I definitely don’t. Yet.’

Older and wiser? Jack, pictured a few days ago in Las Vegas

Read more: 'Jack Nicholson was a chronic drug user' New candid biography alleges actor 'used LSD, cocaine, and marijuana in early career ' | Mail Online

Whatever. If he smiles that wicked little smile, the panties are coming off. That's all there is to it.
    InigoMontoya, Mel1973 and sluce like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

mjw
    Elite Member

'Jack Nicholson was a chronic drug user'

^ ^ I mean, really. I thought that was as common knowledge as the pledge of allegiance. Who doesn't know that Jack was on everything that didn't catch his face on fire (and even that, too, probably)?

ETA: Yes, loved him in Steel Magnolias, but still thought he was THE SHIT in Cuckoo's Nest. Oh hell, he's the shit in everything.
    greysfang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post

ETA: Yes, loved him in Steel Magnolias, but still thought he was THE SHIT in Cuckoo's Nest. Oh hell, he's the shit in everything.
    'Steel Magnolias'? Thought that was Bob Skerritt.

Ahem. Jack Nicolson being high all the time would explain why HE PLAYS THE SAME CHARACTER IN EVERY FUCKING MOVIE!

*hears thunderous hoofbeats*

And Khloe Kardashian is a stupid, useless yeti!!1

kthnxbi
    rollo, Kathie_Moffett and Sarzy like this.

Damn, suicide by #grtwats.
    CornFlakegrl and Kittylady like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post

Ahem. Jack Nicolson being high all the time would explain why HE PLAYS THE SAME CHARACTER IN EVERY FUCKING MOVIE!

kthnxbi
    Ahem. I think you mean Tom Skerritt.
    Brookie and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

kthnxbi
    I kinda agree with you. Wasn't he always hoping Marlon Brando would notice him? I think he even went into his house after he died.

Anyone who disagrees with me will get the Jack Nicholson on a boat pic.

Yall done lost your damn minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Well, same difference! Still not that repulsive piss-poor thespian Jack Nicolson... WHO HAS LESS ACTING RANGE THAN LINDSAY LOHAN!!!

Hmmm. Perhaps the bitch is busy worshipping at her secret Brad Pitt altar?

As much as it pains me to say this, I am going to have to break up with you. And I cannot let you down easy.

olivia, greysfang and Mel1973 like this.

Told you, Kat. This is gonna be a long, protracted break up.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    As much as it pains me to say this, I am going to have to break up with you. And I cannot let you down easy.

I disagree with several of the choices because they seem to give the people who claim he always plays the same character ammunition. This collection of clips is indeed much of the same. Like I said before: his acting in Reds was totally different, calm, quiet, pensive. His acting in The Fortune was hysterical, over the top, a caricature of a character. And different than most of his other roles.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

kthnxbi
    Bitch! I done tole you, I don't post on the weekends or in the evenings. That knowledge is as common as you, whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    crazy bitches should know that...
    Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I kinda agree with you. Wasn't he always hoping Marlon Brando would notice him? I think he even went into his house after he died.

Anyone who disagrees with me will get the Jack Nicholson on a boat pic.
    I disagree with you... OFTEN. Because you are wrong ALL THA TIME!
    trollop!
    Well, same difference! Still not that repulsive piss-poor thespian Jack Nicolson... WHO HAS LESS ACTING RANGE THAN LINDSAY LOHAN!!!

Hmmm. Perhaps the bitch is busy worshipping at her secret Brad Pitt altar?
    keep it up.... and I'll start posting defensive leann rimes manifestos.... I will punish you so severely...

You won't be the first to "not let her down gently", it would appear that she's been dropped on her head a few times.
    Told you, Kat. This is gonna be a long, protracted break up.
    once you get her down, kick her in the head!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information