Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Jack Nicholson Mocked the Idea of Marrying Anjelica Huston

  1. #16
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    33,799

    Default

    I picture it going down like this - best Jack Nicholson breakup scene EVER:


  2. #17
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I didn't realize he was such an asshole. Anjelica should have told him to go piss up a rope.
    Yeah I didn't know he was such a misogynistic asshole. I just thought he was a plain old pussyhound.
    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    still don't understand how any of this justifies her beating him. how would people feel if it were a man beating a woman? i doubt that there would be any digging for justifications ....
    My feeling is that her punches aren't going to hurt him like a man's punch could hurt a woman. Violence isn't acceptable, but there's varying degrees of intensity. Plus he was a total dick so I have no sympathy.
    Belt Up likes this.

  3. #18
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,385

    Default

    I don't buy that. Would you say it is ok for a weaker smaller man to hit a larger stronger man? Violence is violence. Staying in an unhealthy relationship is not an excuse. I also don't see how he was a dick unless he promised her things and then did not deliver. His EXs seem to still adore him because they went in knowing what they could expect. I see it far too ofter when a person is upfront and tells their partner not to expect anything more, but we all want to believe when it is true love they will change their mind. Not gonna happen!
    Kittylady, effie2 and BITTER like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  4. #19
    Elite Member panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,763

    Default

    Such a cool pic. Jack looks like such a wise ass. I never saw him that young or short. From what I hear about him, it sounds like he's a lot like the character he played in Terms of Endearment.

    I think Anjelica looks lovely there but when I first saw the width of her smile, it reminded me of Twisty the clown's mask in American Horror.

  5. #20
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    He behaved like a dick from what she described, the whole pulling her back into her seat, like she's not allowed to leave unless he says, even though he was flirting with someone else in front of her. True, she shouldn't have put up with it, but still a dick move.

    And I wouldn't be concerned when a weaker hits someone stronger. I didn't say it was right, just that I'm not concerned that they'll be as hurt. Right or wrong, my sympathy evaporates if you've been a dick.

  6. #21
    czb
    czb is offline
    Elite Member czb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    left coast
    Posts
    18,189

    Default

    yeah, i completely agree that he was a dick. so not sure why she stayed with him so long, but that is besides the point.

    i still don't get why she is proud of punching the guy, there is a kind of bravado that i'm not on board with.
    Kittylady likes this.

  7. #22
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,385

    Default

    ITA. He probably was a dick, but she knew it, stayed, wanted to marry him and have his kids. The story Beeyotch highlights as a sign of him being a dick was one she enjoyed..

    After watching Nicholson flirt with a model at a restaurant, Huston tried to leave the table only to have the actor pull her back into her seat. "Don't ever stand up like that to leave," he reportedly said to her. "I enjoyed his brief flash of possessiveness," she writes.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  8. #23
    czb
    czb is offline
    Elite Member czb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    left coast
    Posts
    18,189

    Default

    yup.

    and this might be a biased view because the quotes were taken out of context, i have no way to know. i've always been kind of neutral on her, and what i've read here isn't going to make me want to read her book.

  9. #24
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,385

    Default

    I've always liked her but felt that she lacked confidence, and seemed to doubt her own talent, as if she felt she had only gotten so far because of her father.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  10. #25
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    33,799

  11. #26
    Elite Member lindsaywhit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,491

    Default

    Well, shame on me, because all the finger waggers who called me out on my comment were absolutely right. A partial explanation, (not an excuse!), is that yesterday was one of my early-onset senior days..... you know, where I searched for over two hours for some vital paperwork I had put "in a safe place" the day before, while the entire theme song from "Mr. Ed" played in a continuous loop in my mind. I remembered every damn word.

    Also, I knew her slightly, after her Jack days, and she was lovely... gracious, and genuine

    Still no excuse for violence, so mea culpa.


  12. #27
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Apocalyptic
    Posts
    26,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I see it far too ofter when a person is upfront and tells their partner not to expect anything more, but we all want to believe when it is true love they will change their mind. Not gonna happen!
    And I have been on both sides of this argument, sluce. You always think "I can change him/her if only..." #IT.WILL.NEVER.HAPPEN. That object of affection will soon start taking advantage, and after a while you cannot blame him or her anymore.
    lindsaywhit, sluce and Kittylady like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

  13. #28
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    gutsy? she beat up a guy when he broked up with her. how would that fly if she had been a man punching a woman?

    yeah, jack was a tool but this doesn't make her sound so great, either.
    Actually,he needed killing! I'd have just shot his ass.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  14. #29
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,385

    Default

    Seriously McJag. Angelica thought it was endearing that he didn't want her to walk away and you think he should be killed?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  15. #30
    czb
    czb is offline
    Elite Member czb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    left coast
    Posts
    18,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    Well, shame on me, because all the finger waggers who called me out on my comment were absolutely right. A partial explanation, (not an excuse!), is that yesterday was one of my early-onset senior days..... you know, where I searched for over two hours for some vital paperwork I had put "in a safe place" the day before, while the entire theme song from "Mr. Ed" played in a continuous loop in my mind. I remembered every damn word.

    Also, I knew her slightly, after her Jack days, and she was lovely... gracious, and genuine

    Still no excuse for violence, so mea culpa.
    hey, didn't mean to do a pile-on. even if you had not posted this follow-up, it is ok to disagree.
    sluce and lindsaywhit like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Anjelica Huston and Jack Nicholson.......
    By Witchywoman in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: December 17th, 2013, 10:05 PM
  2. Anjelica Huston
    By Honey in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 30th, 2013, 02:24 PM
  3. Anjelica Huston
    By Slushie in forum Just Plain Scary
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: January 10th, 2013, 01:35 PM
  4. Angelica Huston beat up Jack Nicholson
    By mrs.v in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: December 10th, 2007, 06:49 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: January 24th, 2006, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •