Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: Ja Rule's Fyre Festival Has Turned Into A Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    He sounds just a tad full of himself.
    he sounds like he's on the good stuff!

dude man! i'm a witch and i just made it all happen because ferraris, bro~!

so is this macfarlane guy going to prison with tennis courts then? will he be getting a shorter or longer sentence than a child abuser? questions i will hopefully have answered one day.

maybe travis barker is the one with the power... and who IS matt skiba? i thought they had a diff singer.
    needmeds likes this.

I had completely forgotten about this mess. I'm glad there's some justice and I hope there is more to come from these idiots. This was such a clusterfuck.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    In what universe and Bella Hadid and Emily Ratatouille 'supermodels'?
    The same universe that has Blink 182 headlining a "major" festival. People who spent thousands on tickets for a festival headlined by Blink 182 deserve to lose some money
    Trixie, Annika and holly like this.

Default Fyre Festival Organizer Gets 6 Years in Prison

The fire is officially snuffed out on Billy McFarland's freedom -- the guy behind that disastrous Fyre Festival is going to federal prison for a long time.
    Thursday morning in NYC, a federal judge sentenced McFarland to 6 years in prison. McFarland, who organized the infamous 2017 music festival in the Bahamas, pled guilty to 2 counts of wire fraud, based on the funds he received from investors in the doomed concert. Prosecutors said he raised more than
    $1 million.

Despite all that money, you'll remember Fyre Festival was an epic fail ... would-be concertgoers plunked down between $1,200 and $100,000 only to be forced to sleep in tents, or out on the beach, instead of the luxury accommodations Billy advertised. Insult to injury -- the food really suckedtoo.
    In addition to his prison sentence, Billy previously agreed to forfeit more than $26 million in connection with the fraud. Once he's out of prison, he'll have 3 years of supervised release.
    There's also a $100 million class action lawsuit against Billy and Ja Rule ... claiming they warned celebs not to attend -- knowing it would be a total disaster -- but hung all the regular folk out to dry.
    We're guessing inmates won't count on Billy to organize a damn thing in prison.

Fyre Festival Organizer Billy McFarland Sentenced to 6 Years in Wire Fraud Case | TMZ.com
    Waterslide and rollo like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I forgot all about this fiasco.

6 years, huh? Well, oops.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I’ll never forget the pictures of the “gourmet lunch”, 2 pieces of wheat bread, 2 slices of white cheese, and some sad bag type salad.
    Waterslide likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I took a gander at the beginning of the thread and that lovely meal pic is still up. It looked like the individually wrapped processed cheese slices in "Swiss" flavor that are usually in the clearance bin. They couldn't even spring for real American cheese slices. Bastards.
    Sylkyn likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Elite Member

I just hate that all the local vendors and contractors worked their asses off to try and fix his fuck up, and they'll never see a dime.
    GRuser1, Sylkyn, sprynkles and 1 others like this.

I watched the Netflix documentary and I will say that I felt bad for the employees. Many of them were begging Billy McFarland to cancel and he wouldn't do it and he left one guy with huge debt on an AMEX card which he's being sued for. The locals that built the stages and put up the tents never got paid. I'm thinking the reason the food looked like it did was partially because they found a caterer two weeks ahead of time. The woman who did the cooking, as far as I understand it, was never paid nor were her employees and she ended up losing $50,000 of her savings because of this mess.

McFarland later told his employees back in NY that he wasn't firing anyone but that payroll was done and that there was no further employment. The woman in the documentary asked why not just lay everyone off so they can receive unemployment benefits and he said he didn't know about that kind of stuff.

As for the concert goers, they were targeted and scammed again by a fake company McFarland set up that was supposedly selling VIP tickets to the Met Gala, Burning Man, etc. He's insane.

And not surprisingly, Ja Rule is a moron of sitcom character proportions and he seems like he needs some Adderall in a big way. Every time he started talking it was delusional head-in-the-fake-beach-sand bullshit and I just wanted him to stop.

Oh and one guy almost gave a customs official a blow job so he'd release the semi trucks full of Evian water to the festival.
    GRuser1, sprynkles, Nevan and 3 others like this.

I don't think it was almost. But it was a DailyMail story, so who knows?
    Waterslide likes this.

And not surprisingly, Ja Rule is a moron of sitcom character proportions
    That's brilliant.
    Waterslide and Honeythorn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I watched the Netflix documentary and I will say that I felt bad for the employees. Many of them were begging Billy McFarland to cancel and he wouldn't do it and he left one guy with huge debt on an AMEX card which he's being sued for. The locals that built the stages and put up the tents never got paid. I'm thinking the reason the food looked like it did was partially because they found a caterer two weeks ahead of time. The woman who did the cooking, as far as I understand it, was never paid nor were her employees and she ended up losing $50,000 of her savings because of this mess.
    I felt so bad for her!
    She now has a gofundme and raised $162,495 in 8 days (!) and fun fact: FuckJerry donated $10,000

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't think it was almost. But it was a DailyMail story, so who knows?
    I guess the guy in question was asked because he was "the gay one" (or however they referred to it) and he drove down there prepared to do it, but when he got there the customs official laughed and said he just needed to get paid the customs fee. It sounds like this wasn't an official customs fee or something? I didn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggle View Post
    I felt so bad for her!
    She now has a gofundme and raised $162,495 in 8 days (!) and fun fact: FuckJerry donated $10,000
    That actually makes me so happy.
    Brando likes this.

Is it possible for someone to be pathologically optimistic?

Ja Rule Thinks He Could Try To Make Another Music Festival

February 15, 2019 / Posted by: Kristian

Ja Rule
    is truly fighting for the title of Most Delusional Human Being, but with serious competition like The Kardashians and Kanye West in the ring, he’s got to keep on the top of his delusion game. And he is serving it up steaming for us via a delusional formerly-famous person’s favorite interview spot: an impromptu TMZ airport interview.

TMZ
    is reporting that rapper and festival failure, Ja Rule, has teased potentially doing all this garbage over again because it worked out so well for him and everyone else involved the last time. Speaking with a TMZ camera, Ja chatted about the disaster now synonymous with his name: The Fyre Festival. Ja revealed he never watched any of the documentaries on the festival and doesn’t need to because “I lived it man, I ain’t got to watch it.”

He also talks about his new app, which is literally the exact same Fyre app that the festival was supposed to launch, with a different name. Although Ja Rule said: “The app was separate from the festival” which is sort of like saying that a party which is supposed to promote McDonald’s, which then leads to the death of fifty people, is separate from McDonald’s.

Ja put the delusion on THICK, telling TMZ “In the midst of chaos there’s opportunity” and then he teased another festival:

“It is the most iconic festival that never was, so… I have plans to create the iconic music festival–but you didn’t hear it from me!”

So here’s the thing… Fyre Festival is only iconic because of how bad it was. All the things which in Ja’s mind made it iconic were complete failures: the location, the bands, the food, the amenities–literally all of them failed. And here is Ja, acting like it’s the best thing that never happened. If I tell you, I can create the coolest theme park in the world filled with magical unicorns and dragons who talk, and then I don’t deliver on that despite everyone wanting to get a pet unicorn: that does not mean if I suggest the same thing again I will be any better at delivering unicorns.

I hope that Ja Rule does try to put on another festival because he got off scott-free for the last one and justice, like the IRS, needs another chance to catch him.

Pic: YouTube
    Tags:Fyre Festival, Ja Rule

https://dlisted.com/2019/02/15/ja-ru...usic-festival/

I think he must have that hood pulled too tight or something....
    mostroop and holly like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information