Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: Ja Rule's Fyre Festival Has Turned Into A Nightmare

That 5* cuisine looks more like no star.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

The guest food looks only slightly better than the staff food. Like it somehow makes it OK that's what you're feeding the staff. You can find better looking sandwiches at a gas station. In fact, that all looks like subpar gas station food.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

The infamous "Cheese Sandwich" photo might be deceiving/an exaggeration (of the eating conditions) but, by the looks of the photos of the other meal and dining/kitchen area, it is still a far cry from a "first class culinary experience" that was promised - among other things...

Per it's own Wiki page:
    The festival was organized by failed serial entrepreneur,[2]Billy McFarland and rapper Ja Rule[3] to promote the Fyre music booking app.[1]Scheduled for two weekends in April and May 2017, the event sold day tickets for $1,500, and VIP packages including airfare and luxury tent accommodations for US$12,000. Customers were told they would be staying in "modern, eco-friendly, geodesic domes."[4] Customers had been promised gourmet meals produced by celebrity chefs.[5]Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyre_Festival
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Maybe the celebrity chef was LeAnn Rimes?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Maybe the celebrity chef was LeAnn Rimes?
    Made with #LovE
    Kittylady likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

We're told guests were served chicken, pasta, burgers and fries and salad ... not just a gnarly cheese sandwich. As for breakfast ... donuts, waffles and coffee.
    What? That's not gourmet food; that's what my kids get for $3.50 in the school cafeteria.

Disastrous Fyre Festival Hit With $100 Million Lawsuit by Attorney Mark Geragos

The fallout from the disastrous Fyre Festival continued on Sunday (May 1) when attorney Mark Geragos (Chris Brown, Michael Jackson) filed a proposed $100 million class-action lawsuit against organizers on behalf of client Daniel Jung. The suit accuses organizers of fraud, citing the fest's "lack of adequate food, water, shelter, and medical care created a dangerous and panicked situation among attendees — suddenly finding themselves stranded on a remote island without basic provisions."
    The event, which was advertised as a two-weekend luxury getaway on a private Caribbean island with high-end food and accommodations, attendance by supermodel such as Bella Hadid and Emily Ratajkowski and sets from G.O.O.D. Music's Tyga, Desiigner and Pusha T, as well as Blink-182, Disclosure, Major Lazer and more fell into chaos on Thursday at early arrivers realized that the festival grounds were not as advertised.

"Attendees’ efforts to escape the unfolding disaster were hamstrung by their reliance upon Defendants for transportation, as well as by the fact that Defendants promoted the festival as a 'cashless' event—Defendants instructed attendees to upload funds to a wristband for use at the festival rather than bringing any cash," reads the suit. "As such, Attendees were unable to purchase basic transportation on local taxis or busses, which accept only cash. As a result of Defendants’ roadblocks to escape, at least one attendee suffered a medical emergency and lost consciousness after being locked inside a nearby building with other concert-goers waiting to be airlifted from the island."
    The suit filed by Jung on behalf of himself and all the other festival attendees, claimed that the festival -- promoted by rapper Ja Rule and businessman Billy McFarland -- was more like “The Hunger Games” or “Lord of the Flies” than Coachella.” Upon arrival, attendees found an unfinished festival site, which officials put on lockdown over the weekend because, according to the island's tourism ministry, Rule (born Jeffrey Atkins) and McFarland had allegedly failed to pay customs duty taxes on items imported to the island for the weekend.

In a statement released on Sunday by Geragos, the lawyer claimed that Fyre organizers "need to step up and make this right but unfortunately, the opposite has occurred." Though Rule has been adamant that he and McFarland intended to provide an upscale experience for ticket buyers who spent anywhere from $4,000 to $100,000 for tickets, Geragos took shots at them, claiming Fyre was "nothing more than a get-rich-quick scam from the very beginning," intended to "fleece attendees for hundreds of millions of dollars by inducing them to fly to a remote island without food, shelter or water—and without regard to what might happen to them after that.”

And while the event was promoted as being on a "private" island once owned by drug kingpin Pablo Escobar, the suit claims that the island isn't private -- there's a "Sandals" resort down the road from the site -- and that Escobar never owned the land. The suit was filed in the Central District of California and it asserts claims of fraud, breach of contract, breach of covenant of good faith, and negligent misrepresentation. Ja Rule and McFarland, as well as the Delaware-based Fyre Media are named as defendants. Geragos could not be reached for comment at press time.
    Most distressingly, the suit (which you can see a copy of below) alleges that Rule and McFarland began "personally reaching out to performers and celebrities in advance of the festival and warned them not to attend—acknowledging the fact that the festival was outrageously underequipped and potentially dangerous for anyone in attendance."

Fyre Festival Hit With $100 Million Lawsuit by Attorney Mark Geragos | Billboard

That "gourmet" burger that they are now throwing out there best be infused with truffle oil.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Fyre Festival organizer ARRESTED by the FBI:

30 June 2017

One of the organizers of the catastrophic Fyre Festival in the Bahamas has been arrested and charged with wire fraud.

William McFarland was taken into custody in New York City on Friday and faces up to 20 years in prison over claims he used his company Fyre Media to create a scheme to defraud investors.

The 25-year-old, who will face a Manhattan court on Saturday, is accused of altering a brokerage agreement to say he owned stock worth $2.5million and faked millions of dollars in revenue from artist bookings, court documents state.

McFarland made headlines in April after revelers arrived at the Bahamas festival, backed and promoted by A-listers including Bella Hadid, to find a wasteland of half-built tents, rat droppings and feral dogs.

Its founders, McFarland and rapper Ja Rule, have since been hit with a number of lawsuits amid claims they duped hundreds by failing to deliver on the hyped event.

Joon H. Kim, the acting US attorney for the Southern District of New York, and William F. Sweeney Jr., assistant director-in-charge of the New York Field Office of the FBI, announced McFarland's arrest on Friday.

'William McFarland promised a "life changing" music festival but in actuality delivered a disaster. McFarland allegedly presented fake documents to induce investors to put over a million dollars into his company and the fiasco called the Fyre Festival,' Kim said.

'Thanks to the investigative efforts of the FBI, McFarland will now have to answer for his crimes.'

Assistant Director-in-Charge William F. Sweeney Jr. said: 'Under McFarland's direction, Fyre Media created a promoter's marketplace for entertainment bidding.

'In addition to this initial business venture, McFarland went one step further in establishing a subsidiary of the company, Fyre Festival LLC. But in order to drive the success of both entities, as alleged, McFarland truly put on a show, misrepresenting the financial status of his businesses in order to rake in lucrative investment deals.

'In the end, the very public failure of the Fyre Festival signaled that something just wasn't right, as we allege in detail today.'

In order to procure these investments, he provided materially false information, the complaint alleges.
    He is accused of telling investors that Fyre Media earned millions of dollars of revenue from thousands of artist bookings from at least July 2016 until April 2017.

In reality, during that approximate time period, Fyre Media earned less than $60,000 in revenue from approximately 60 artist bookings, it is claimed.

McFarland also allegedly provided at least one investor an altered stock ownership statement in an effort to make it appear that he could personally guarantee the investment.

Specifically, he is accused of providing an altered brokerage statement that purported to show that he owned shares of a specific stock worth over $2.5 million, when in reality he owned shares of that stock valued at less than $1,500.

He is charged with one count of wire fraud, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

Fyre Festival tickets cost between $1,200 and $200,000 and the event was billed as an exclusive weekend of music, luxury cuisine and celebrities.

It was promoted by It girls on Instagram and promised those who could afford it that they'd be partying in style in plush accommodations on ground once owned by Pablo Escobar.

When the event fell apart on April 27, social media was filled with claims of poor conditions on the island.

When hundreds of ticket holders flocked to the island, they were met with unfinished tents with no furniture and a dangerously low supply of food and water.

Organizers have issued an apology after furious and frightened customers shared the experience on Twitter and Instagram and have promised everyone a refund.

They said they 'simply weren't ready' for how popular and how big the event would get.
    They confirmed that 'all festival goers this year will be refunded in full' and the organizers said they are planning to throw another event next year, but have learned their lessons and will hold it on a US beach.

All guests from this year will get complimentary VIP passes to next year's event, if it goes ahead.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4656304/Fyre-Festival-organizer-charged-wire-fraud.html

But wasn't this Ja Rule's brain child? Seems like he needs to be right beside the organizer in cuffs.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    But wasn't this Ja Rule's brain child? Seems like he needs to be right beside the organizer in cuffs.
    It might have been Ja Rule's idea to have a luxury festival on a remote island, but I have a feeling it was all Billy's idea to misrepresent their assets to investors. I doubt Ja Rule had much to do with the financial side.
    Annika and Sylkyn like this.

fgg

Blink-182’s Matt Skiba used witchcraft to doom Fyre Festival

As if there weren’t enough reasons for the Fyre Festival going down in flames, we may have yet another: Blink-182 singer Matt Skiba.

“I had a bad feeling about that event,” Skiba, 41, told NME in an interview published Tuesday. “I consider myself a pagan and a witch. With every inch of my energy I wanted Fyre not to happen. I put all the electricity and energy in my body against that thing happening.”

The band was scheduled to headline the doomed Bahamian event, which promised yachts, supermodels, gourmet food and luxury villas, and instead delivered lawsuits, “FEMA tents” and a last-minute cancellation, earning more comparisons to “The Hunger Games” than to Coachella.

Blink-182 canceled their own performance days before the festival erupted into chaos, explaining on Twitter, “We’re not confident that we would have what we need to give you the quality of performances we always give fans.”

“We pulled out for technical and logistical issues and the rest of it crumbled to s—t because that’s what it was. It was bulls—t. I used my witchy ways and it seemed to work,” Skiba said. “I’ll take responsibility and everyone can blame me. Shazam. I was on my couch feeling somewhat guilty, but very relieved that I wasn’t there with people stealing from each other. I didn’t want a bunch of people to be marooned on bulls—t island … I put all my energy into it not happening because for all the tea in China I didn’t want to be a part of something like that.”

Aside from technical concerns, there was also a moral reason Skiba wanted to put the Fyre out.

“I’ve been to the Bahamas before and it’s so crass. You land in Nassau and the whole island is replete with beauty and culture, but there’s a lot of poverty,” he said. “It is a largely black population then they build these places like Atlantis and The Cove that are walled off. It’s classist and racist, and then they decided to park a bunch of yachts with models to show off in front of those poor people, going down there with all your Ferraris and bulls—t and yachts.”

Blink-182?s Matt Skiba used witchcraft to doom Fyre Festival | Page Six
    Annika likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    I've been to the Bahamas before and it's so crass. You land in Nassau and the whole island is replete with beauty and culture, but there's a lot of poverty, he said. It is a largely black population then they build these places like Atlantis and The Cove that are walled off. It's classist and racist, and then they decided to park a bunch of yachts with models to show off in front of those poor people, going down there with all your Ferraris and bulls*t and yachts.
    Then why did you sign on in the first place? Oh, to make money, so you can buy Ferraris and bullshit. Twat.

He sounds just a tad full of himself.
    Annika and holly like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

In what universe and Bella Hadid and Emily Ratatouille 'supermodels'?
    fgg and idunno like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information