Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree190Likes

Thread: Insiders Worry Jimmy Fallonís Partying is Getting Out of Hand - Report

He may have had an infection but it's far more likely that he got special treatment due to his celebrity. There is almost no situation where a young healthy adult, with a finger avulsion (even an infected one) spends that much time in an ICU.

I don't even like Fallon, but that's ridiculous. You're not his doctor. A private suite would be special treatment, ICU is no picnic.

Being young and healthy doesn't matter when it comes to ring avulsions. It's a rare yet horrific injury. The length of his surgery means it was serious, there are delicate nerves, tendons and arteries in the fingers that must be patched together in microsurgery. The risk of post-op complications and infections in such injuries is extremely high. From the length of the surgery, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Class III avulsion (meaning they had to reattach the finger).

I once caught my wedding ring in a dryer and had a very minor avulsion. I was lucky but it was so painful I stopped wearing a wedding ring at all. That shit is no joke and even my very minor one was extremely painful. There was a Reddit thread about avulsions that was some scary ass shit. It can happen to anyone, but obviously a major risk factor is to manual laborers. I remember one of the posters' aunt was dusting once, her wedding caught on something and she tripped. Her body went down but the finger and ring stayed behind. If your whole body weight goes one way and your finger the other, the finger loses.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    He may have had an infection but it's far more likely that he got special treatment due to his celebrity. There is almost no situation where a young healthy adult, with a finger avulsion (even an infected one) spends that much time in an ICU.
    Maybe. But I still call bullshit on this. Cause: Exactly what you stated after "celebrity".
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    I don't even like Fallon, but that's ridiculous. You're not his doctor. A private suite would be special treatment, ICU is no picnic.

Being young and healthy doesn't matter when it comes to ring avulsions. It's a rare yet horrific injury. The length of his surgery means it was serious, there are delicate nerves, tendons and arteries in the fingers that must be patched together in microsurgery. The risk of post-op complications and infections in such injuries is extremely high. From the length of the surgery, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Class III avulsion (meaning they had to reattach the finger).

I once caught my wedding ring in a dryer and had a very minor avulsion. I was lucky but it was so painful I stopped wearing a wedding ring at all. That shit is no joke and even my very minor one was extremely painful. There was a Reddit thread about avulsions that was some scary ass shit. It can happen to anyone, but obviously a major risk factor is to manual laborers. I remember one of the posters' aunt was dusting once, her wedding caught on something and she tripped. Her body went down but the finger and ring stayed behind. If your whole body weight goes one way and your finger the other, the finger loses. [/COLOR]
    You are right, I am not his doctor. On air, he talked about watching Netflix and catching up on bad TV while in the hospital. Those are things most ICU patients aren't doing because, you know, they are hooked up to vents and other life saving devices.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Hoping the stories aren't true, but fwiw, he does seem to be very accident-prone lately.
    His injuries are all classic PFOs too (pissed and fell over - Australian ambulance code for an injury sustained while drunk and due to falling over - found this out as a kid when ambos radioed into the local hospital to let them know they were carting in a "PFO broken wrist" - the PFO in question was my father who was shitfaced, fell over and smashed his wrist bones!)
    Trixie likes this.

On air, he talked about watching Netflix and catching up on bad TV while in the hospital.

He wasn't in ICU the entire time, nor is everybody in ICU on life support.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Elite Member

Patients are admitted to the ICU for a variety of reasons. Some patients need close monitoring immediately after a major surgical operation or serious head injury. Others may have problems with their lungs that require ventilator support with breathing. Patients may have heart and blood vessel problems (for example, very low or very high blood pressure, a heart attack, or an unstable heart rhythm) needing observation. Patients in the ICU may have an imbalance in the level of chemicals, salts, or minerals in their bloodstream that require close monitoring as these levels are corrected. Also, patients may have a serious infection in their bodies that require specialized ICU care.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post

I once caught my wedding ring in a dryer and had a very minor avulsion. I was lucky but it was so painful I stopped wearing a wedding ring at all. That shit is no joke and even my very minor one was extremely painful. There was a Reddit thread about avulsions that was some scary ass shit. It can happen to anyone, but obviously a major risk factor is to manual laborers. I remember one of the posters' aunt was dusting once, her wedding caught on something and she tripped. Her body went down but the finger and ring stayed behind. If your whole body weight goes one way and your finger the other, the finger loses. [/COLOR]
    seriously reconsidering ever wearing rings again after reading this.
    Sassiness and garysgirl1999 like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by nonorehab View Post
    he had a de-gloving injury (do not google it), .
    ow ow ow!!!!!!1
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I actually saw a degloved pelvis while I was in nursing school. I don't ever need to see that Ramsay Bolton shit again, not even a finger.
    Bellatheball and Tati like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^ We had one too about 7-8 years ago. It eventually had to be removed. I helped take care of him early on but he was transferred to a different team after he was stabilized. I always wonder how that guy wound up doing in life. (He lost his leg at the hip too.)
    greysfang likes this.

We stabilized him in the ER and OR and then he was flown to KU. We heard he died a couple days later.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

This disgusting degloving crap is something I wouldn't even know about if Fallon could get himself under control. #WeAreAllFallonsVictims.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    We stabilized him in the ER and OR and then he was flown to KU. We heard he died a couple days later.
    It's always hard, isn't it? It's interesting that certain patients stay with you for a long time. Sorry to hear it.

rumors have been going around about him cheating and drinking excessively for some time. hard to believe that the chiefs are letting it go on for this long, but i imagine that eventually something will happen to force their hand or his and he'll choose to go to rehab. hope this has a happy ending. i love him.

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

Should i look up degloving or pass? LOL. I love jimmy.
    I think they are blowing things out of preportion a tad.
    Also, not sure if it's just me but his face looks different to me. Anyone else see it? Just wondering.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information