Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1051
Like Tree2755Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 4

fgg

best i can remember her hair looking, so pretty!
    Sarzy and crayzeehappee like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Kate at the National History Museum

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...pher-Year.html
    She looks beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i haven't heard anyone say she isn't too thin.
    I replied to a post that said Kate looked skeletal. I said that she might be on the thin side but not skeletal.
    Sarzy and Novice like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

To be fair, I've got a massive head and I'm not overly thin, my head is just... naturally big boned
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

lol levitt, I identify with what you say, but my head is definitely larger than yours. I always tell people it's not fair because it takes me twice as long to grow my hair because my head is big.
    fgg and palta like this.

czb

Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    To be fair, I've got a massive head and I'm not overly thin, my head is just... naturally big boned
    Iím sure your head is normal!!

Kateís head used to look like it fit on her body. Maybe it is an illusion caused by a bigger hair thing, I dunno. Iíve really been liking her hair lately minus that super light color she tried not too long ago so I find myself focused on her head and face more.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Lol I just saw that Megan is going to be in celebrity chef jr this Friday.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Prince Philip had an 'emotionally intimate' relationship with author Daphne Du Maurier and visited her 'full of doubts' before his wedding to the Queen, royal expert claims

• Ingrid Seward writes about the the backstory behind Prince Philip
    • She claims he had been 'full of doubts' before his marriage to Queen Elizabeth II
    • Seward shows the marriage between the Queen and Philip to be largely happy

By CONSTANCE CRAIG SMITH FOR THE DAILY MAIL
    PUBLISHED: 22:03, 15 October 2020 | UPDATED: 22:21, 15 October 2020

On the one hand, he has been steadfastly by the Queen’s side throughout her long reign. On the other, he appears not to give a damn about anyone else’s feelings and is prone to gaffes which are sometimes downright unpleasant.
    As a friend of Prince Philip commented: ‘He is not a gentleman, because he doesn’t put people at their ease when he can’t be bothered.’
    Like the Queen, Prince Philip is a great-great-grandchild of Queen Victoria. His father, Prince Andrew of Greece, met his mother, Princess Alice of Battenberg, at Edward VII’s coronation.

+

Prince Philip, like the Queen, is a great-great-grandchild of Queen Victoria. Pictured: Philip salutes the Course Officer at the Royal Naval Establishment on July 31, 1947

Even by aristocratic standards, Philip’s childhood was distinctly odd. The year after Philip was born, his soldier father was sentenced to death for disobeying orders. Although saved from the firing squad, he was banished from Greece.
    From the time Philip was six, his mother suffered severe mental illness. At nine, he was packed off to school in England and barely saw his parents after that.

His uncle, Lord Mountbatten, had big plans for his dazzlingly handsome nephew. In 1939, when Philip was a cadet at the Royal Naval College, Mountbatten cannily suggested Philip entertain the young princesses while their parents inspected the fleet. Elizabeth was 13, Philip 18.
    According to her nanny, Crawfie, Princess Elizabeth knew almost straight away that Philip was ‘the one’. Philip (pictured right), who had served with distinction in the war, proposed in 1946 and was joyfully accepted.

+4

According to The Queen's nannie, Her Majesty knew that Philip was 'the one' almost straight away. Pictured: Prince Philip at the Naval College in Greenwich

Although he was marrying the world’s most eligible heiress, Seward claims Philip was full of doubts about what he was getting into.
    Shortly before the wedding, he went to stay in Cornwall with the beautiful novelist Daphne du Maurier. Their relationship was ‘emotionally intimate’ though not sexual but, at the end of the weekend, he told her: ‘I don’t want to go back, I want to stay with you.’ Du Maurier told him not to be silly: ‘Your country needs you.’
    There were a few happy, carefree years for the young couple but, after King George VI died in 1952, Philip gave up his naval career to become full-time consort to the new queen. He fumed at the archaic way things were run at Buckingham Palace: ‘Philip was constantly being squashed, snubbed, ticked off,’ according to his friend Mike Parker.
    Most woundingly of all, his children had to take the name Windsor, rather than Mountbatten.

+4

Prince Philip was allegedly unhappy with the way Buckingham Palace was run when he first married the Queen. Pictured: Prince Philip visiting the Mediterranean fleet

When it comes to fatherhood, Philip’s record is decidedly patchy. The Queen’s cousin Margaret Rhodes told Seward that the Duke was wonderful with small children: ‘It was when they grew and developed their own personalities that Philip seemed to lose interest.’
    The Duke was determined to toughen up his sensitive son and insisted he be sent to Gordonstoun, the hearty Scottish school that Philip had attended. Charles absolutely loathed it. By the time Charles left Gordonstoun, he had learned to put on a brave face but ‘the little boy who cowered when his father raised his voice still lurked under the surface’.
    Father and son are now much closer and Philip thoroughly approves of Camilla.
    He was a much better father to Princess Anne, his favourite, who is as tough and fearless as he is. No one could fault Prince Philip’s commitment to his role.

+4

Prince Philip Revealed by Ingrid Seward (S&S £20, 384pp)

By the time he retired from royal duties in 2017, aged 96, he had undertaken more than 22,000 solo engagements and 637 overseas tours.
    The Queen has called him ‘my strength and stay’ and Seward paints a picture of a largely happy marriage.
    When her husband is in a rage about something, the Queen, like many wives, simply tunes out.
    In the public mind, Prince Philip is characterised by his notorious gaffes. He appears to have a particular dislike of the Welsh singer Tom Jones. ‘What do you gargle with, pebbles?’ he asked, going on to call him ‘a bloody awful singer’.
    Seward trots briskly through all the women Prince Philip is rumoured to have had an affair with, chiefly actresses or aristocrats.
    While she concedes he has a roving eye, she asserts there isn’t ‘a shred of evidence of a physical relationship ... but the stories will never go away’.
    Seward tries to be scrupulously fair about the Duke of Edinburgh but concludes he is ultimately ‘unknowable’.
    When asked by Fiona Bruce on his 90th birthday if he had been successful in his role, he replied: ‘I couldn’t care less.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/books/article-8844987/Prince-Philip-doubts-wedding-Queen-royal-expert-claims.html
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

"A Man of His Century" yeah, the 18th century.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Speaking of Daphne DuMaurier, there's a new adaptation of Rebecca. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2235695/
    LurkieLoo and OrangeSlice like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Curious to see what she looked like. I guess she was his type.
    DawnM74 and LurkieLoo like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post

Curious to see what she looked like. I guess she was his type.
    Scary?

He sounds like a real peach.

czb

^^^ more like a rotted prune.
    SHELLEE and lindsaywhit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    "A Man of His Century" yeah, the 18th century.
    You're being too generous

Thread Information