Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree506Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 4

I love that wallpaper in maxima's office. the carpet sucks though. who the fuck carpets a castle?
    lindsaywhit and DawnM74 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I hate that wallpaper. It reminds me of the interior of a cheap 1970s coffee shop.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Protests break out at German hotel where Thai King is staying with his harem

By Moniek Bloks 7th May 2020

German and Thai activists have staged a protest outside the the Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl in Germany where King Maha Vajiralongkorn is staying with his harem of 20 women.

The protesters have projected messages onto the front of the hotel with messages like, “why does Thailand need a King who lives in Germany?”

Despite all hotels having to close due to the crisis, the Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl has applied for and received a special permit to remain open so that the Thai King could rent out all of its room for his harem of 20 women and his servants.

A spokesperson for the district office confirmed the granting of the permit, “The Garmisch-Partenkirchen district office granted the Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl an exception because the guests are a single, homogeneous group of people with no fluctuation.” No other guests are allowed to stay at the hotel.

Despite several measures in the areas, such as a curfew which was only recently lifted, the King has been spotted outside with several of the women, riding bicycles.
    He returned to Thailand for less than 24 hours in early April for Chakri Day. Photos were taken that day showing the King and Queen making facemasks, to show how involved they were in fighting the ongoing public health emergency for propaganda purposes. However, he has refused to return to Thailand for several holidays, such as the anniversary of his coronation.

https://royalcentral.co.uk/asia/thai...-harem-142150/

So,... why does the King of Thailand live in Germany? (Although it's handy for the protesters - iirc protesting the king in Thailand is a fairly serious breech of the law?)
    Mrs Fawlty likes this.

^^^^
    i think he's currently holed up in the hotel waiting out the pandemic.
    but even before that he's never had any real interest in being king and seems to spend most of his time jetting from one place to another.

i'll never understand why this idiot's father, who extremely popular, didn't have him poisoned and had one of his daughters' succeed him instead.
    at least we'll always have the video of him and one of his wives in a g-string celebrating the birthday of his dog, air chief marshal fufu

https://www.msn.com/nl-nl/video/kijk...deo/vi-BBPqTUE

in all seriousness though, he's absolutely awful and likes to abuse and humiliate women. i think the wife from the dog video hasn't been seen in over 5 years and no one knows where she is.
    Last edited by sputnik; May 7th, 2020 at 10:07 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

• Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson are sued over 6.7m unpaid bill that is four months overdue

"A photo taken on May 7, 2020 shows the wooden chalet Helora, owned since 2014 by Britain's Prince Andrew, Duke of York and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson in the Alpine resort of Verbier, western Switzerland

The Duke of York leaves his chalet with his daughter Eugenie and boyfriend Jack Brooksbank after holidaying in Verbier in the Swiss alps in January 2015

Prince Andrew, Sarah Ferguson and family outside their chalet in Verbier, Switzerland on his 43rd birthday

Now the original owner – who retains a share in the chalet – has run out of patience and started court proceedings.

A source close to the Yorks said: ‘They (the original owners) have really gone for the jugular and want their money.’

Intriguingly, a friend of the duke last night said the couple had made plans to sell the chalet.

The proceeds were intended to clear any outstanding debt, the source said, and that intention had been indicated to the previous owner.

Pictured: Prince Andrew on a skiing holiday in Verbier, Switzerland on Valentine's Day in 2007

Pictured: Prince Andrew, Sarah Ferguson and family at Verbier ski resort in Verbier, Switzerland

Pictured: Prince Andrew, Sarah Ferguson and family in Verbier on his 38th birthday

That the legal proceedings had been made public had caused ‘some bafflement’, the friend added.

Le Temps claimed the money was outstanding ‘despite messages from Sarah promising that payment would be made’.

Law firm Etude du Ritz has been instructed by the owner to launch legal proceedings, the newspaper reported.

A spokesman for the duke said: ‘We can confirm there is a dispute between the two parties in this matter. The contractual details remain the subject of a confidentiality agreement and prevent further discussion.’

The duke and duchess, who divorced in 1996 but remain close, fly off to the Swiss Alps with their daughters – Eugenie, 30, and Beatrice, 31 – for a skiing holiday most years after Christmas.

Called Chalet Helora, the seven-bedroom luxury lodge previously boasted six full-time staff and was available to rent for more than 22,000 a week.

Said to be decorated with chic antiques, the master bedroom is draped in animal furs, and there is a 650 sq ft indoor swimming pool, sauna, sun terrace, boot-room, bar and lavish entertaining area.

Neighbours include Sir Richard Branson and singer James Blunt.

In 2015, the Daily Mail exclusively revealed that Andrew and his ex-wife had secretly splashed out on the Swiss ski chalet.

They bought the property as a ‘family investment’, with the deeds listing them simply as Andrew York and Sarah Ferguson.

In a BBC interview with Emily Maitlis Prince Andrew denied ever having had sexual relations with Virginia Roberts and said he could not remember the photograph ever being taken

The lawyers representing Andrew’s accuser Virginia Roberts (pictured central with the Prince) say they will not let ‘certain individuals’ escape liability through the agreement.

The chalet was split in two for the sale because, according to local regulations, it was too big for a sole foreign purchaser to buy outright.

Legally, Andrew has the upper floor and attic space, Sarah the lower floor and basement. They share the land.

The purchase immediately raised questions as to how they could afford it.

Andrew is not known to have a vast private fortune, while Sarah had only recently managed to clear 5 million in debts she ran up through a series of disastrous business investments.

Lawyer David Boies (pictured central) named ‘Prince Andrew or others to whom our clients were trafficked’ among those individuals who could be sued by victims like Virginia Giuffre (second left).

It is thought it was financed with the 15 million proceeds from the sale of Sunninghill Park, the former marital home given to Andrew and Fergie by the Queen as a wedding present in 1986.

They lived on the 12-bedroom estate in Berkshire as a family, with the duchess staying on with the girls following the 1996 divorce.

Fergie moved out ten years later before it was sold to Kazakhstan oligarch Timur Kulibayev in 2007 for well above market value.

Andrew spent about 7.5 million on improvements to Royal Lodge in Windsor Great Park, where both now live despite their divorce, meaning only half the sale proceeds would be left, at most.

A source close to the duchess confirmed to the Mail that she and Andrew had bought the chalet jointly as a ‘nest egg’ for their children.

‘Neither of them have their own property and wanted to buy the chalet as an asset to leave to their children,’ the source said in 2015.

Philippe Loretan, partner at Etude du Ritz, declined to comment when contacted.

The new legal proceedings add to 60-year-old Andrew’s woes.

The prince stepped back from all royal duties in November after a car-crash Newsnight interview over his friendship with the late US sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

One of Epstein’s victims, Virginia Roberts, claims that when she was 17, she slept with the duke on three occasions at the financier’s behest.

Andrew emphatically denies the allegation and that he knew of any wrong-doing by Epstein."

Source: Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson are sued over 5m unpaid bill | Daily Mail Online

They never stop splashing the cash. That chalet was such a vanity purchase.
    Labelwhore likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I don't get this headline. She laid a wreath and that signifies that she's going to be a great Queen? Is the bar that low?

The clip of the wreath laying: https://twitter.com/RoyalCentral/status/1258701110891679744?s=20

Camilla demonstrates she will make an excellent Queen as she leads the nation in remembrance for the first time

By Charlie Proctor
    8th May 2020

The Duchess of Cornwall led the nation in remembrance for the first time on Friday alongside her husband, the Prince of Wales.

This was one of the most high profile engagements of Camilla’s royal career so far, with the eyes of the nation on the 72-year-old, as she and Prince Charles paid a moving tribute to the fallen on VE Day.

At the Balmoral War Memorial, Her Royal Highness gently placed down a bunch of flowers that she hand-picked personally from her garden at Birkhall. The Prince of Wales laid a wreath, a duty which he has carried out regularly since 2017 when his mother The Queen stepped back from leading the nation in remembrance on Armistice Day. For Camilla, however, this was the first time she has held such a prominent role remembrance role.

On Armistice Day, she usually watches on from a balcony overlooking the Cenotaph alongside The Queen and the Duchess of Cambridge.

But with a hugely scaled-down series of celebrations, Friday was Camilla’s moment to shine, showing what an asset she is to the Royal Family, and indeed the United Kingdom.

The spirit and demeanour of the Duchess when she paid tribute to the fallen shows that when the time comes, she will make an excellent Queen Consort.

Dressed in her 4 Rifles dress and a badge from her father’s regiment, Camilla carefully walked up to the war memorial before placing the flowers with a gentle bow of the head.

In a card left at the memorial, Camilla wrote: “In memory of my darling father and all the officers and men of the XII Lancers who fought so bravely to give us peace.”

Laying wreaths can be a difficult task, with commentators watching every move looking for the slightest mistake.

But Camilla does not need to worry about this – she gave a perfect performance.

This felt like a significant moment for Charles and Camilla. In recent years the couple have been holding increasingly important roles as they prepare to step up when Charles one day takes to the throne.

The Queen will have been watching from Windsor, knowing that the future of the monarchy will be safe in the hands of Charles and Camilla.

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/wales/...t-time-142238/

^ It's some kind of royal fan site, isn't it?
    DawnM74 likes this.

^ Yes

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall led the nation in a solemn two-minute silence to remember the fallen on the 75th anniversary of VE Day.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...er-VE-Day.html
    Last edited by Sarzy; May 8th, 2020 at 08:48 AM.

They do look good in green, but I'm still slightly unnerved by PC in a kilt. I think they need names like Billy, Cathy, Hank, and Meg do. At least in my mind, they are now Chuck and Millie.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

IIRC, she will be Kings Consort, not Queen. I have no doubt that that she does not give a damn about what she's going to get called.

Oh, I think she does. They haven't spent all that money trying to rehabilitate her image for nothing. She's not going to fall at the final hurdle (to use an appropriate metaphor.)
    DawnM74 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    IIRC, she will be Kings Consort, not Queen. I have no doubt that that she does not give a damn about what she's going to get called.
    She’s supposed to be Princess Consort. That’s what they announced when they got married.

Honestly there is no need for these people to be petty. The wife of a King is a Queen or Queen Consort. Give her the title. The only reason they aren’t going to do it is because of PR. Between the treatment of Meghan and their coddling of Andrew, their public image is already shot anyway.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

They lived on the 12-bedroom estate in Berkshire as a family, with the duchess staying on with the girls following the 1996 divorce.

Fergie moved out ten years later before it was sold to Kazakhstan oligarch Timur Kulibayev in 2007 for well above market value.

the new owners who bought the house for 3 million above market value then let it fall into disrepair and the house had to be demolished a few years ago. not suspicious at all...

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information