Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree1530Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 4

The kids are very cute!!
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

the girl is cute and i think she'll grow up to be very pretty. she doesn't have any of her parents' pigginess. IMO the jury's still out on the boy.
    MsDark and fgg like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Estelle is such a sweet looking and pretty little girl. Oscar is also very cute but looks like a rascal.
    needmeds and tulip like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post

And after really despising Charles for a long time, I really like him now. He seems much more human. But that last pic of him .... his face and hands are almost purple red. What illnesses cause that?
    I've read somewhere before that he suffers from Rosacea
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^^ I know a few people that have rosacea and it's never looked ike that.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Oh those little outfits are adorable!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

The size of Charles' fingers (constantly swollen like sausages) make me think it's something more serious than rosacea
    BITTER, effie2, Kittylady and 1 others like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    I think the little boy lives under a toadstool.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    The size of Charles' fingers (constantly swollen like sausages) make me think it's something more serious than rosacea
    Both the Queen and Charles has the same thing. Initially I thought that it was a thing related to alcohol as Philip is (was?) a big drinker but when I googled there are photos of QEII with the same thing.

He's probably got arthritis

+ age
    +circulatory issues

I'll bet long flights/trips exacerbate this.
    Fly_On_TheWall2 likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^ I know a few people that have rosacea and it's never looked ike that.
    Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    It’s some disorder called porphyria. Affects the kidneys also. It’s hereditary as a result of inbreeding. I think.
    Nevan and Fly_On_TheWall2 like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

ROYAL EXCLUSIVE: Prince Harry’s Legal Move Over ‘Cash-for-Briefings’ Claims at The Sun – The Story Murdoch Tried to Bury

June 5, 2020

Shining light: The Sussexes’ plans to announce their move to Canada were overshadowed by an unauthorised briefing to Sun journalist Dan Wootton (c) PA/ Dominic Lipinski

BYLINE Investigates is defying threats of legal action from Rupert Murdoch’s The Sun today to report explosive whistle-blower claims that the tabloid paid the partner of a Royal official £4,000 for stories about Prince Harry last year.
    The billionaire-owned newspaper company and its Executive Editor Dan Wootton have both said they will sue us if we report the allegations, which are detailed in a formal ‘Letter Before Action’ issued by lawyers acting for the Duke of Sussex.
    It follows months of public speculation about the close connection between Mr Wootton and the Sussexes’ former Communications Secretary Christian Jones, who continues to be employed in the role by Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, and whose partner is freelance publicist Callum Stephens, who is also a friend to Wootton.

Named: (l-r) Callum Stephens, Dan Wootton, and Christian Jones (c) LinkedIn / YouTube

Sources close to the matter say it is alleged The Sun made two payments amounting to £4,000 to Stephens, in relation to stories published in June and July 2019 about nannying and god-parenting arrangements for the Sussexes’ son Archie, and that the payments appear to have been identified by way of an internal News UK accounting code.
    This unusual and specific financial detail lends credibility to the whistle-blower claims, yet Wootton insists he is the victim of “misinformation” fed “in a calculated and malicious way”.

We will therefore be defending our right to freedom of expression practised responsibly and in good faith on behalf of our readers - just as The Sun says it does when faced with legal threats from the rich and powerful
    Byline Investigates
    Confidential details of the Sussexes’ move to Canada were also revealed in an unauthorised fashion and then published in the Sun on Sunday in January under Wootton’s name, according to three sources with knowledge of the case.
    The damage caused to the Royal family by the story was extensive. It forced Prince Harry to rush forward the announcement, impacting on his relationship with the Queen, Prince Charles, and Prince William.

Headlines: Prince Harry’s lawyer are alleging these stories were the result of unauthorised briefings

There is no suggestion the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had any knowledge at the time of unauthorised briefings to the Press.
    Byline Investigates put detailed questions to Dan Wootton and News UK about this developing story last Saturday, May 30. Both acted quickly to try and shut it down.
    News UK has not commented on the record, but immediately responded by legal letter from its high-priced lawyers Simons Muirhead and Burton. Its position is that it has done nothing “unlawful” in sourcing its stories and has made no illegal payments and that it will sue us if we report Prince Harry’s new allegations.
    It however declined to answer any questions including whether Stephens was paid at all for the stories, or on any plans to allow independent scrutiny over its own investigations into the matter, which it refused to confirm had taken place, but which this website understands it has conducted in response to Prince Harry’s legal challenge.

Speculation: Wootton and Jones have been the target of ongoing conjecture on social media

Wootton has not commented on the record either, but his lawyers at Mishcon de Reya, one of Britain’s most costly law firms, are denying in strong terms that any payments were made unlawfully to a public official or a proxy and claim their client is the victim of a smear campaign by unknown bad actors.
    Neither Wootton nor News UK would clarify whether it meant the word “unlawful” in the criminal sense, the civil sense, or both.
    Wootton says he is prepared to defend his position in court and that he will prove his professional integrity if need be, and claims to enjoy the full confidence of The Sun, whose editor-in-chief Victoria Newton has coincidentally been named as a suspected phone hacker in an unrelated court case that Prince Harry is bringing against the tabloid.
    Both Wootton and News UK have said they will sue Byline Investigates immediately for writing this story.

Threat: The Royal Courts of Justice in London and (inset) The Rolls Building where phone hacking litigation involving Wootton’s employers News UK is taking place

But a legal expert said: “Whatever the case and whether it does indeed involve Jones, someone has been briefing The Sun about the Duke and Duchess Sussex’s private and family life, which is clearly a matter which requires serious investigation, not least to prevent the misidentification of the person responsible and quash social media speculation.”
    Byline Investigates’ position is that, given the matters involve a public official still working for second-in-line to the throne Prince William, and a company with a notorious recent legal and ethical past, we believe there is a public interest in writing this article and that there are reasonable grounds to expect a transparent process of investigation.
    We will therefore be defending our right to freedom of expression practised responsibly and in good faith on behalf of our readers - just as The Sun says it does when faced with legal threats from the rich and powerful.

Gated: Kensington Palace in London (c) wikipedia

The legal expert added: “These whistle-blower claims have caused panic at The Sun. It is obviously a highly sensitive topic for The Sun and Kensington and Buckingham palaces for different reasons.
    “There appears to have been specific targeted intelligence which Prince Harry’s lawyers deem credible enough to act on with a legal letter. Their professional obligations would not allow them to simply issue such a letter without basis.
    “Wootton says he denies criminality but does not say there were no payments for the stories, just that he has acted lawfully, and that he will resort to legal methods to close down reporting on the matter.
    “It raises the question of whether a better, more in-depth investigation needs to take place into allegations right at the heart of the Royal household.
    “As is stands, with all these legal threats, it looks like a story Rupert Murdoch is trying to hide.”

Neither Jones nor Stephens responded to questions in relation to this story, while a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge declined to comment, as did a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
    However, an expert on palace matters told Byline Investigates that under established protocols Jones should have referred himself to his superiors on learning of the allegations, and will currently be the subject of an internal inquiry conducted by Buckingham Palace’s HR and security departments.

Employers: Christian Jones is the communications secretary to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, pictured here during their three-day visit to the Republic of Ireland in March, 2020

Jones’s partner, Callum Stephens, is a freelance publicist involved in the management of stars from tragedy-stricken ITV2 show Love Island, and whose previous clients include The Weinstein Company, model Naomi Campbell, presenter Emma Willis, and Olympic diver Tom Daley.
    He was Jones’ partner at the “material times”, which are said to have begun in June 2019 and continued in 2020. Contrary to reports, the Sussexes had no part in the 2019 hiring of Wootton’s friend Christian Jones to handle their media relations during the Duchess’s pregnancy - an appointment recorded at the time by The Sun in an unusual article praising the “hottie” new PR man as “hunky”, “handsome” and “cute”.
    The new legal development will be particularly unwelcome for publisher News UK, mired as it is in litigation over supposedly “historical” unlawful information gathering activities which, as recently as last month in the High Court in London, it insisted ended in 2010.
    Prince Harry is already suing subsidiary News Group Newspapers (NGN) for alleged phone hacking and misuse of private information, as revealed last year by Byline Investigates, with a trial of the facts scheduled for the High Court in London in October 2020, where board-level allegations of wholesale destruction and concealment of evidence will be heard.
    In the past, when faced with allegations relating to payments to public officials the Murdoch company shocked its own journalists when details of supposedly confidential sources and individual reporters were revealed wholesale in order to save the publishing company and the people who run it from corporate charges.

Past trials: Court artist sketch by Elizabeth Cook in March 2013 of former Sun Chief Reporter John Kay and News UK Chief Executive Rebekah Brooks appearing at the Old Bailey in London, where they faced charges as part of Operation Elveden, Scotland Yard's investigation into alleged inappropriate payments and information leaks. Both were acquitted.

Scotland Yard’s five-year Operation Elveden into the corruption saw 22 Sunjournalists arrested, nine police and 23 public officials or their associates convicted of causing misconduct in public office.
    Since Elveden, which closed down in 2016, News UK has upgraded its internal compliance systems to flag suspicious payments to serving public officials to prevent any fresh bribery scandals.
    Now, new and “highly-detailed” allegations are emanating from what is understood to be specific information provided by a whistle-blower and which comes after months of speculation swirling around unauthorised Royal briefings to the Press.
    The connections between Wootton and Jones have been the subject of public conjecture for some time, after originally coming to the attention of news and gossip website Popbitch late last summer, shortly after the publication of two articles on which it is understood Prince Harry’s new case is partly based.

Speculation: the connections between Dan Wootton and royal communications staff go back to this August 1. 2019, piece on gossip site Popbitch

In its weekly mailout on August 1, 2019, Popbitch wrote: “It was curious seeing Dan Wootton give Meghan Markle both barrels this week.
    “You'd think he'd be a little more friendly, given that he's such good pals with Wills and Kate's press secretary.”
    This was followed, after Wootton ‘exclusively’ revealed the Sussexes’ plans to move to Canada on The Sun’sfront page, by an article on laineygossip.com on January 9 this year speculating about Jones being a source.
    The story read: “And if that is indeed the source, it’s a major breach, considering that The Sun is one of the newspapers that Harry and Meghan are suing.”

Tumblr: a social media post about Wootton’s Canada front page mentions Christian Jones.
    Amid much chat on Twitter, the thread was continued by the mainstream media, with USA Today on January 10 recapping the speculation over the Canada announcement for its readers, citing laineygossip.com, and writing: "The Sussexes have managed for weeks to keep (their plans) on lock, even enjoying most of their holiday on the West Coast of Canada before it leaked and, suddenly they get home and visit Canada House and Dan Wootton has an exclusive for The Sun and just happens to be friends with Will and Kate’s press secretary. Coincidence or conspiracy?”
    Details of Prince Harry’s legal move come as Dan Wootton’s role covering ‘showbiz’ at The Sun is being reduced following the announcement internally of a restructuring plan to integrate on and offline operations.
    Byline Investigates understands Wootton will be continuing with a Saturday column in the paper but it is expected he will now be “focusing more on his radio show”. His employers say the change in role is unconnected to Prince Harry’s latest legal letter.
    It follows the appointment of Victoria Newton as Editor-in-Chief of The Sun titles in February, since when Wootton’s progress to the editorship of the Sunday edition, once seen as a near-certainty, has fallen short amid a series of controversies.
    Among them was a public backlash over our investigation revealing his role in Newton “effectively outing” as gay the television presenter Phillip Schofield in her first major act as Editor-in-Chief, using what’s been branded “blackmail model” journalism.
    Newton herself has been named extensively in the phone hacking litigation - of which Prince Harry is a part, and which has already cost Murdoch more than £1bn - as a heavy user of illegal private investigators. News UK denies or “non admits”Claimants’ allegations about Ms Newton.
    Wootton was also criticised after another television presenter, Caroline Flack, of ITV2’s Love Island, took her own life in February after hitting out at intrusive Sun coverage of her private and family life as she faced trial for common assault after a domestic incident.
    And he is being sued personally by Hollywood actor Johnny Depp for allegedly libelling him in an article in April 2018 about his conduct during the end of his marriage to actress Amber Heard, a matter that is due for trial at the High Court in London in July.

Court action: Hollywood star Johnny Depp leaving the Royal Courts of Justice in London after a preliminary hearing in his libel action against The Sun and Dan Wootton (c) PA

Wootton, a native New Zealander, has positioned himself as one of the UK’s most outspoken critics of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Despite never having had a formal remit at The Sun to cover Royal matters, he has written extensively on the subject.
    At the time of publishing his ‘Harry and Meghan Exclusive’ about the Sussexes’ intention to quit Britain for Canada, under a January 8 headline of ‘We’re Orf Again’ - one of the articles forming part of the new legal challenge - Wootton hit out at the Royal couple.
    Branding them “professional victims”, he told industry magazine Press Gazette: “They have wanted to feel like they are under attack from the British press and a lot of the time they actually haven’t been.”
    However Wootton’s copy appears to tell a different story and one of his articles has already been found by The Sun’sregulator to have breached its Code for his inaccurate reporting of the Duchess of Sussex.
    In what The Sun admitted was not a public interest story, the paper accused the Duchess of being selfish to low-paid palace staff when the accusation was entirely false, earning The Sun a sanction by IPSO.
    Wootton’s Canada story prompted the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to issue a full announcement confirming the story hours later, making front page headlines the following day.
    The legal source said: “Moving to Canada, with all the ramifications that was going to have constitutionally and for the Royal family, was one of the biggest decisions of Prince Harry’s life, so the giving of this information to a tabloid, which then got to dictate the manner and timing of its announcement, is a serious breach of privacy.
    “He has every right to feel aggrieved if there has been a betrayal of confidence.”

new allegations come as, in a separate development, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are initiating legal action against society magazine Tatler over its latest cover story entitled “Catherine The Great”.
    The profile piece by author Anna Pasternak cites extensively from anonymous sources speaking about the Duchess’s family background, attitude towards Royal duties, and the alleged impact of the Sussexes’ departure on her workload and wellbeing.
    But in a strong statement, Kensington Palace accused the magazine of publishing a “swathe of inaccuracies and false misrepresentations” before, apparently, also turning to lawyers.
    https://www.bylineinvestigates.com/m...-tried-to-bury
    ————
    Well, well, well. DRAMA!!! Can’t wait to see what happens with this lawsuit!

lindsaywhit and Neptunia like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Wow. I'm about to show my ignorance, but why would it be illegal to pay insiders for material? I mean, why illegal on the tabloid's side. Also, wouldn't Kate and William fire someone, even if he's really, really, cute, who passed info on to their partner and from there to any media outlet?
    crayzeehappee likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

And this is just another example of why The Sun is more commonly known as The Scum.
    Novice and twitchy2.0 like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    Wow. I'm about to show my ignorance, but why would it be illegal to pay insiders for material? I mean, why illegal on the tabloid's side. Also, wouldn't Kate and William fire someone, even if he's really, really, cute, who passed info on to their partner and from there to any media outlet?
    I don’t think you’re ignorant at all! I think it’s a little confusing, but what it sounds like is that they’re not saying that paying for the material is per se illegal. There is a question of whether the way in which the information was given was legal or not (maybe there is an NDA at issue, or perhaps some info was untrue?). The major issue seems to be that the Sun bought this material from Will and Kate’s employee who used to be Meghan and Harry’s employee, then tried to cover it up. They claimed that they didn’t buy him off, but then financial records proved that to be untrue.

I’m just gonna say. If this story is true, I don’t believe for ONE SECOND that Will and Kate aren’t involved. They are involved. If their current employee who just happened to work for Meghan and Harry is getting paid to leak negative stories about Meghan and Harry, that is not a coincidence and I don’t care what anyone says. It’s bizarre that The Sun would threaten to sue another news organization for printing TRUE information about The Sun purchasing this gossip from Will and Kate’s employee. I know I sound paranoid, but I think the royals are behind the Sun being so afraid that this story came to light.

I believe that Will and Kate are absolutely involved in some of the negativity spread about Meghan and Harry and I’ll say this too- I think that Kate 100% was on board with the Tatler article and thought it would be a glowing portrayal. Her associates were the ones involved in the writing of the article, they have closer connections to Kate than Meghan. Instead the article was received negatively and she suddenly said that she didn’t know anything about it. As much as people point fingers at Meghan and Harry- who are NOT perfect- Kate and William are not innocent either. Heir to the throne or not, I think they had issues with Meghan and Harry. I don’t know whether it was an issue about thinking they were getting too popular or trying to overshadow them or what, but I think that they absolutely did not want them around. I think they are involved in the rumors and gossip about Meghan and Harry, and Meghan and Harry know it.

If it doesn’t get buried somehow I think we are going to find out some interesting info with these lawsuits.
    Last edited by NickiDrea; June 6th, 2020 at 07:02 PM.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Thread Information