Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree2935Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 4

^^^
    same here. i went as far as to make myself an imaginary retainer with the wire from sandwich bag tie. my mother would tell me i was an idiot and that people paid for teeth like mine.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

My son has braces on his teeth right now. This has been an ongoing thing for a few years. He had to have both top and bottom palette expanders (the top one is still installed and it looks like a CRAB is attached to the roof of his mouth. My son was bullied before (once by a TEACHER) because he had one front tooth that stuck out pretty far. The top braces are, I believe, the last step and that one tooth has definitely pulled back in. I know it bothered him a lot (emotionally).

I offered to pay more for him to get the ceramic braces, but apparently it's cool now to have the steel ones. He often changes the bands out and at this moment has GREEN bands in and it looks like he has spinach stuck in his teeth. I don't remember if it was the extreme issues with his mouth or my ex's insurance, but they paid for about $3K and we're paying about another $3K. He used to be like me and wouldn't smile with his teeth showing and hid his laughs. The last 6-10 pics of him (he hates his picture taken) on my camera roll are of him smiling big, which warms my heart. The ortho that we use will do a few whitening sessions after his braces come off as part of the package.

His orthodontist work was basically a necessity because of his small palettes and the tooth sticking out (it was in danger of getting knocked out or broken). We still would have paid to have his braces, but the 50% payment from the insurance company was nice to get. I think that when I start working again, I'm going to get Invisaline for myself, if only for a boost to my confidence.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    My son has braces on his teeth right now. This has been an ongoing thing for a few years. He had to have both top and bottom palette expanders (the top one is still installed and it looks like a CRAB is attached to the roof of his mouth. My son was bullied before (once by a TEACHER) because he had one front tooth that stuck out pretty far. The top braces are, I believe, the last step and that one tooth has definitely pulled back in. I know it bothered him a lot (emotionally).

I offered to pay more for him to get the ceramic braces, but apparently it's cool now to have the steel ones. He often changes the bands out and at this moment has GREEN bands in and it looks like he has spinach stuck in his teeth. I don't remember if it was the extreme issues with his mouth or my ex's insurance, but they paid for about $3K and we're paying about another $3K. He used to be like me and wouldn't smile with his teeth showing and hid his laughs. The last 6-10 pics of him (he hates his picture taken) on my camera roll are of him smiling big, which warms my heart. The ortho that we use will do a few whitening sessions after his braces come off as part of the package.

His orthodontist work was basically a necessity because of his small palettes and the tooth sticking out (it was in danger of getting knocked out or broken). We still would have paid to have his braces, but the 50% payment from the insurance company was nice to get. I think that when I start working again, I'm going to get Invisaline for myself, if only for a boost to my confidence.
    Totally off topic but i have to tell my story now LOL
    I so understand your story. My son had a gap and hasn't smiles for any pictures since years.
    On this coconut island where we live, the only stories we heard about orthodontist were horror stories and we visisted 3 and they all didn't give us much hope
    So decided on an orthodontist in Milan (yes Milan Italy) - every 8/10 week a 12 hour/each way flight but what to do.
    The last time he went was in February just before this all started. The braces were suppose to come out in April (now) or Maybe end of May just before his graduation.
    Now we have NO idea when we can/will/ want to go back. We have no idea what we should do.
    (My daughter is 6 months into her braces, same issue)
    Nevan likes this.

Omg, you guys have gone above and beyond to fix his smile!! So sweet! Hope he gets them off soon!

ETA: Where I'm from, orthodontists are all over the place. I'm sorry you guys had such a problem getting braces for him.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Orthodontia isn't free in the US either. But perfect teeth are just way more of a thing here. It's not economics, and when you live in both places you really notice the difference in the cultural importance attached to perfect teeth in the US vs Europe and other parts of the world. It's interesting.
    When we were growing up (in Switzerland), my sister got braces and it was covered by insurance because her case was deemed medically necessary as opposed to cosmetic. My brother's was considered only cosmetic and it would have cost about 13000$ to fix his teeth (this would have been in the early 90s, so imagine what 13k would be now). And the dentist was like, if it were my kid, I wouldn't do it. And it's true that my brother's teeth are fine, they're just not perfectly aligned. That same case, in the US, and the dentist would have pushed for braces, and I bet it would have been cheaper too because it's just more common.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post

I don't agree that for the general public its not economic - the average wage here is 25k/year, my colleague just sorted her kids teeth out & it cost 5k albeit over a couple of years. At "avereage wage" scales that is a shitton of money to find. The US standard of living is five times better than the UK.
    I had braces as a kid and now my lower teeth have moved slightly. I was quoted a minimum of 1,500 in the UK - I could go to EU or Europe to have it done cheaper (inc flights & hotels).

Its more common here to have orthodontic treatment and some whitening but I do agree that its a big cultural difference.

Old pictures:-

Eugenie

Beatrice

Harry

I'll just leave this here.....

^ he just looks like he has super white dentures.

The Countess of Wessex has been working secretly as a volunteer making lunches for NHS staff during the coronavirus pandemic.
    Sophie, wife of the Queen's son, Prince Edward, has been volunteering once a week alongside professional chefs organised by the millionaire British financier Ian Wace, the Mail can reveal.
    His team have been producing a staggering 59,000 free meals a week, working 24-hours a day, for frontline staff in hospitals across Greater London including Barts, King's, Epsom and St Helier.
    According to organisers, the 55-year-old countess, mother to Lady Louise and James, Viscount Severn, has been coming in one day a week, quietly and without fanfare, preparing, cooking and cleaning up.

Peregrine Armstrong-Jones, a society events planner whose firm Bentley's Entertainments has organised several royal weddings, including most recently Princess Eugenie's, introduced the countess to the initiative, which he is also involved in.
    RELATED ARTICLES

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

He said: 'Sophie's done a fabulous job. She's got stuck into everything, cooking, prep work and cleaning. She's done it privately, without any fanfare, and the staff think she's incredible.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...unteering.html
    Last edited by Sarzy; April 26th, 2020 at 04:43 PM.
    rollo, Beeyotch and ConstanceSpry like this.

Damn you guys would all run screaming at my overcrowded mess if you're upset by their yellow teeth, yikes.
    Sarzy, Novice and palta like this.

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    Damn you guys would all run screaming at my overcrowded mess if you're upset by their yellow teeth, yikes.
    Is Brits would just adopt you lovely!
    o0Amber0o, Sarzy and Mrs Fawlty like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Is Brits would just adopt you lovely!
    I've always suspected that I belonged over there anyway - apparently my maiden name is pretty popular over there and it was always impossible for people here!!

On the brighter side I am 34 with zero cavities so there's that.
    Novice likes this.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

It's nice that Sophie's helping out but it's pretty funny when they say she's doing it "secretly" and "privately" and "Here's the photos!"
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Is the 10m Anthony Van Dyck 'selfie' that Kate Middleton helped save for the nation a cheap copy? That's what this art expert believes and she says the National Portrait Gallery has nagging questions to answer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cheap-dud.html

King Willem-Alexander's birthday celebration was cancelled, so he celebrated at the palace with his family.

I LOVE The 70's Brady Bunch vibe they have going on in these photos!
    DawnM74 and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Elite Member

The girls are really beautiful. The red head is going to be a stunner imo.

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information