Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1394
Like Tree3582Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 3

I don't get the fuss over William's hair. Sure he looked better with it but it's no big deal
    rollo, Sleuth, sputnik and 4 others like this.

Americans reputedly are obsessed with hair and teeth? Guess the Brits would care more if he showed movie star vanity, considering that's not his job.
    Last edited by rollo; April 17th, 2020 at 03:50 AM.
    Sarzy, Sleuth and effie2 like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

It would be hilarious if he got plugs. They're ridiculous, even more so on someone we've all seen walking around like a cueball for years.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Bill and Cathy checked in with a breakfast show to chat about stuff.

Stuff? They had a wide-ranging conversation about grief, home schooling and the NHS. They even said they might call Hank and Meg to wish Archie a happy first birthday on 6th May.

William and Kate reveal how they home schooled their 'hardcore' children through Easter holidays, reveal fears for Charles, Prince Philip and the Queen and how they stay in touch with the rest of the royals via Zoom

• Duke and Duchess of Cambridge say home schooling children with 'such stamina' has been 'challenging'
    • Couple tell BBC Breakfast they have been speaking with other members of the Royal Family with video calls
    • William was 'concerned' for Charles after his coronavirus diagnosis especially given his age at 71 years old
    • He is also worried for his grandparents, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, who are isolating in Windsor
    • Duke hopes people will now work from home more and said lesser environmental impact has been a 'positive'
    • Couple are also worried about NHS staff carrying some of the 'pain, fear and loneliness' suffered by patients
    • William, whose mother Diana died in 1997, says stages of grief include feeling 'angry, confused and scared'
    • Cambridges have narrated a new video to be released on TV on Monday with new advice on mental health
    • Learn more about how to help people impacted by COVID

By MARK DUELL and CHLOE MORGAN FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 06:33, 17 April 2020 | UPDATED: 12:47, 17 April 2020

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge revealed today that they home schooled their children during the Easter holidays without telling them - as they also spoke of their fears for Prince Charles over his coronavirus diagnosis.
    Prince William and Kate said it had been 'challenging' to teach their three children - who they said had 'got such stamina', although it 'hasn't been all hardcore' - but also told how they have been staying in touch with other Royal Family members using online video calls, in an interview with BBC Breakfast broadcast this morning.
    Kate said of home schooling: 'Don't tell the children, we've actually kept it going through the holidays. I feel very mean. The children have got such stamina, I don't know how. Honestly, you get to the end of the day and you write down the list of all the things that you've done in that day.'
    She added: 'It's just having that bit of structure actually. And it's great, there's so many great tips online and fun activities that you can do with the children, so it hasn't been all hardcore.'
    William admitted he was 'quite concerned' for Charles after his 71-year-old father tested positive for coronavirus after having mild symptoms last month - but the Duke had been optimistic he would make a full recovery.
    He also revealed he is worried about the health of his elderly grandparents, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, although they have both been doing all they can to ensure they are protected and isolated at Windsor Castle.
    William also said the lesser environmental impact of people not flying around the world for business had been a 'positive' of the pandemic, and said he hopes people will now choose to work from home more in the future.
    And the couple told of their fears for the mental health of NHS staff who will be carrying some of the 'pain, fear and loneliness' suffered by patients, adding: 'They're the ones who absorb that and take it home to their families.'
    Also during the interview with the BBC's Tina Daheley:

• William spoke about the stages of grief during mourning - how people will feel 'angry, confused and scared';
    • Kate admitted online video calls with the rest of the Royal Family had been 'a bit hectic, I'm not going to lie';
    • The Duchess hinted that they might call Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to celebrate Archie's first birthday;
    • William said he had been positive about Charles beating the virus because of his many previous ailments;
    • The Duke said the three-week lockdown has been 'frustrating' as 'pressure, stress and isolation' builds up;
    • Kate praised the 'extraordinary job' NHS staff and other frontline workers are doing during the pandemic.

The Duchess also talked about how the couple had kept a strict regime while home schooling their children Prince George, six, Princess Charlotte, four, and Prince Louis, who is two next week, in the past month.
    The couple said it was also important to avoid scaring their children and making it 'too overwhelming', but added that home schooling was 'fun' and the children had been pitching tents, cooking and baking.
    And speaking about continuing the home schooling throughout the Easter holidays this month, the Duchess said: 'We don't tell the children we've actually kept going through the holidays. I feel very mean.'

Kate also said the family had been through 'ups and downs' during the lockdown 'like lots of families' since it was imposed on March 23, but they had stayed in touch with other family members using video conferencing apps.

She said the family were getting used to contacting each other in a different way - and trying to avoid dropping the computer halfway through, adding: 'It gets a bit hectic, I'm not going to lie.
    William admits he was 'quite concerned' for his father Prince Charles

Prince William told of his fears for his father Prince Charles after he was diagnosed with coronavirus and had to self-isolated at his Scottish home of Birkhall.
    He said: 'I have to admit at first I was quite concerned, he fits the profile of somebody, at the age he's at, which is, you know, fairly risky, and so I was a little bit worried.
    'But my father has had many chest infections, colds and things like that over the years and so I thought to myself (if) anybody's going to be able to beat this it's going to be him.'

+14

Prince Charles and Camilla at Marlborough House in London at a reception to mark Commonwealth Day on March 9

William added that Charles was 'very lucky he had mild symptoms' and told how he ''got a lot of good reassurance from doctors and friends of mine who said 'listen, the days he's on when we found out about it, he's probably passed the worst of it'.'
    The Duke continued: 'And obviously speaking to him made me feel more reassured that he was OK, but again at that age you do worry a bit more.'
    A fornight ago, Prince Charles opened the new NHS Nightingale hospital at the ExCeL centre in London, built to deal with the many seriously ill virus patients expected in the coming weeks.
    He has also offered a message of hope when he recorded a video after coming out of isolation following his positive test for the infection, which also saw his wife Camilla have to self-isolate in a different part of Birkhall.
    'With a two-year-old you have to take the phone away. It's quite hectic for them all to say the right thing at the right time without pressing the wrong buttons. But it's great and it's nice to keep in touch with everybody.'
    They said Charles, Kate's parents Carole and Michael Middleton and 'our familes' have all enjoyed keeping in touch, but added of Louis: 'For some reason he sees the red button and he always wants to press the red button.'
    The Duchess also indicated that they might call Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in Los Angeles next month to celebrate Archie's first birthday on May 6.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-campaign.html
    Sarzy and effie2 like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Prince Carl Philip, Princess Sofia and their kids left their stay of isolation at Villa Solbacken and were seen leaving Hotel Diplomat in Stockholm's Inner City shortly after having lunch.

Queen Maxima is still doing in person visits.

Maxima is a sight for sore eyes...lol.The coat is tragic.I dont like Sofia,s jeans.
    lindsaywhit and DawnM74 like this.

I do agree a lot with one of the things that Wills said ... more people working from home from now on. Those pictures of LA without the smog were AH-MAZING and it was only a couple of weeks.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

A commemorative coin was released in honor of Queen Margrethe's 80th birthday.

https://c026204.cdn.sapo.io/1/c02620..._n.jpg?size=xl

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    The weirdest thing about this photo is that it was taken during a visit to a children's hospice.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Some late Easter photos of Albert and Charlene's kids (or the top of the boy's head anyway)

Blurry photo of Charlene and Albert

Princess Madeleine and her family

The Duchess also indicated that they might call Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in Los Angeles next month to celebrate Archie's first birthday on May 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    The weirdest thing about this photo is that it was taken during a visit to a children's hospice.
    Honestly, I would not be surprised if she was reacting to a child in the crowd. She just lights up with children.

czb

^^^ i agree that she lights up around kids. but in that pic, she looks deranged.
    Labelwhore and Ravenna like this.

Lol, I definitely agree she looks crazy in that pic.
    czb likes this.

Thread Information