Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Like Tree3046Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 3

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    this description just made me think of the bit in one of the Discworld books when Sam Vimes, a hard knock copper from the dodgy bit of the big city who ends up falling in love with and marrying the richest, most noble grand lady in the city, Sybil Ramkin, meets Sybil's swamp dragon friends. (Swamp dragons are dotty little creatures who are just one bad sneeze or fart away from exploding into a fireball... and for some reason are bred and much prized by royalty and aristocrats on the Disc. So think dodgy overly inbred lap dogs in the Round World...)

Anyway, Sam arrives home to find their backyard is full of Ladies Of A Certain Age, all mucking about with the swamp dragons, in gumboots/wellingtons, and tweed as far as the eye can see. He briefly talks to a particularly tweedy old battle axe, who looks and acts much like Anne... only to realise later on that he's speaking to the Dowager Duchess of Quirm, the richest person on the Disc... and she had swamp dragon poo on her jacket for their whole conversation and didn't give a shit...
    The Interchangeable Emmas! My Bestie and I are huge Discworld fans and often refer to the horses-and-headscarf brigade as Interchangeable Emmas.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post

Wow. Talk about the lens being unforgiving...
    Ah, yes. The Menopause Mane. Shave, wax, or rub that fur *off* sistah! It doesn't get better. *Ask me how I know.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    The future Earl was fooling around with a lot of people at that point. I think no one took his royal relationship too seriously (except perhaps for Margaret) so he just went with it because it was amusing and would help his career.

I agree that JFK and Jackie were not well cast. Are they ever, though?

For me, Claire Foy was the ultimate Queen and Vanessa Kirby the ultimate Princess Margaret in the early series of the Crown.
    I agree with all this. And I thought Matt Smith was a great Prince Phillip.

The actors portraying the younger royals (Charles and Anne, and even young Camilla) in season three are cast well.
    czb likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^^ I agree. I like Olivia Colman but I just can't forget Claire Foy. With Olivia playing her, it sounds like QEII got whiney in her mid-aged years. Claire played her with such strong determination. I'm not really a fan of getting different actors to play older versions of the characters. Especially with Claire Foy and Matt Smith ... I could easily see them with some makeup aging. It's probably why I haven't even finished half of Season 3 yet.
    Sleuth, rollo and palta like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Yes I had fully accepted Claire Foy and Matt Smith as the leads. They were perfect. I wish they attempted aging them because I can't accept Olivia as Elizabeth. The brown eyes and noticeably different portrayal isn't working.
    Nevan, rollo, czb and 1 others like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I love Olivia Colman but I agree she’s not as believable in the role as claire foy. She was just incredible. Tobias Menzies on the other hand is maybe even better than matt Smith as philip but really they’re both amazing.

i really like maxima. She has fun with her clothes even if she doesn’t always get it right. She just goes for it. It’s refreshing compared to robo-Kate.
    i also love how natural mette-Marit and whatshisface are, though it also makes me a little sad knowing she has that horrible illness.
    Nevan and Labelwhore like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Madeleine and her family frightened by burglary

By Laura Dekkers

19th February 2020

Sara Friberg, The Royal Court of Sweden
    Princess Madeleine, her husband Chris O’Neill and their three children have been scared by a burglary in their Florida home. It is because of this reason that the Swedish Princess and her family decided to move to another home in the area.

At the beginning of this year, Swedish media reported that Princess Madeleine, her husband and three children had moved once again. This time the family stayed in the same neighbourhood in Florida (USA) but preferred a different home. The reason for the move would be a burglary at their previous house that took place last fall, Svensk Damtidning reports. The burglary has been confirmed by the Royal Court.

The burglary happened when the Princess and her family were abroad for a while. A source told the Swedish magazine that the Princess was very scared when she learned about what happened and was frightened for the safety of her family and herself. Princess Madeleine and her husband then decided that it was best to move. The couple decided to stay in the same area as they have settled there as a family, and their three children are going to school in the area.

The family in 2018. HRH Princess Madeleine / Mr Christopher O’Neill/ HRH Princess Leonore / HRH Prince Nicolas / HRH Princess Adrienne. Photo: Lena Ahlström/Kungahuset.se

Since their move to the USA in August of 2018, the family of five had been renting a large villa with seven bedrooms, 6.5 bathrooms, a spa and outdoor pool. The house is currently on the market for 2.98 million dollars. In addition to their current Florida home, the family also rents an apartment at the Royal Mews in Stockholm where they stay when they are in Sweden.

Since Princess Madeleine lives abroad and carries out few official engagements, the Princess and her family do not have fulltime protection in Florida. While in the USA, the Princess and her children are able to stay low-profile. Nevertheless, when the family of five visit Sweden, they can count on protection officers and other assistance.

The Royal Court does not wish to comment on the housing situation of Princess Madeleine and her family as these are considered private matters. Margareta Thorgren, the Court’s spokeswoman did confirm that the family intends to stay in Florida “for a while.”

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/sw...rglary-137907/

Aka: Boring shit in every color.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^ Who takes this seriously? Only Meghan.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

and her fans.
    rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ Who takes this seriously? Only Meghan.
    You forgot these so quickly???

https://whatkatewore.com/

https://katemiddletonstyle.org/
    crayzeehappee likes this.

Obviously enough people for them to run things like this in the rags. But I would actually say the low key racist biddies who eat up the 'evil Meghan' tripe before I would the Meghan fans. I have never seen Kate so revered since Meghan came on the scene. I remember when they all used to get it in (somewhat) equal measure.

I like to make fun of (and very occasionally admire) what any of them are wearing.
    weathered1 likes this.

Look at this headline. The couple bought the house in 2014, but the DM had to be extra with the headline.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-estate.html

Ummmm ....
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Thread Information