Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 3

Yeah it is real. This is one of them

robertmarilyn likes this.

THE YORKS
    Sarah, Duchess of York signs seven-book deal with Australian publisher

By Kylie Wallace

12th February 2020

Stephen Lock / i-Images

Sarah, Duchess of York has signed a seven-book deal with Australian publisher Serenity Press.

Serenity Press publisher Karen Mc Dermott said she was ‘delighted’ to welcome the royal to the company.

‘We are delighted to welcome the Duchess to our press,’ she said in a statement released on Wednesday.

‘Her beautiful books are aligned with our core value of sharing nurturing stories that empower young minds.

’We cannot wait to bring these books into readers’ hands.’

They also said the Duchess was ‘looking forward’ to having her new work published in Australia and New Zealand.

The acquisition is an exciting addition to the current Serenity Press list, which includes fairytale, fantasy and folklore authors Kate Forsyth, Juliet Marillier, Sophie Masson and Jane Talbot.

The Duchess is an experienced author who has written over 25 books.

She has previously authored two children’s book series.

Between 1989 to 1996, she wrote six titles for the Budgie the Little Helicopter series.

The books were so popular that an animated television series aired in 1994 based on the characters.

She also published five books between 2003 and 2009 as part of her Little Red series.

The idea for those books came from a doll the Duchess’s charitable organisation ‘Chances for Children’ was selling to raise funds to help ‘forgotten children in America’.

Sarah told CBS in 2003 that she enjoys writing children’s books as she finds it fun to think like a child.

‘I like to look at life through childhood’s eyes because I think it means you can be spontaneous and creative and just have fun, you know?’ she said.

The first book in the new series will be available mid-2020.

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/york/s...lisher-137496/

Other books by Sarah Ferguson: "What To Do When Daddy's a Perv" and "Frumpy as a Fashion Statement" and, the best seller, "Why Don't We Get More Attention?"

czb

so she is helping the 'forgotten children in america'.

where does the money actually go?
    crayzeehappee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    so she is helping the 'forgotten children in america'.

where does the money actually go?
    The forgotten-children-of-America-called-Fergie’s-skiing-&-keeping-a-life-style-up fund
    czb, lindsaywhit and DawnM74 like this.

Anne was very pretty when she was young. The Windsor genes kicked in and then all hope was lost.

czb and tulip like this.

Zara looks a lot like Anne now.I think Anne is still a handsome woman.
    Lofty Bike and Sassiness like this.

I don’t think Anne is unattractive. The problem is the next level frumpiness and the fact that she settled on that hideous bouffant hairstyle that was ugly even way back in 1972. It’s like there’s an unwritten rule in the BRF that not dressing like a drab old marm from the age of 25 will result in permanent exile, death in a fiery car crash or escape to canada.
    Last edited by sputnik; February 13th, 2020 at 05:45 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I don’t think Anne is unattractive. The problem is the next level frumpiness and the fact that she settled on that hideous bouffant hairstyle that was ugly even way back in 1972. It’s like there’s an unwritten rule in the BRF that not dressing like a drab old marm from the age of 25 will result in permanent exile, death in a fiery car crash or escape to canada.
    It’s not the RF but the age & class that she is. You see plenty of this from her age group where the Kardashian-narsasistic-selfie-and-primping culture is completely alien, doing “good works” (charity work) is de-rigue, and the emphasis on appearance is “not the done thing”.
    Things are changing and you can see that Anne’s style (new hats & coats) has changed recently. I strongly suspect that her hair is like that out of habit, it’s easy for her to do (day to day) and it’s just not that important to her.
    I see these women all the time in woolly jumpers & tweeds. It’s all very expensive but lacking in a certain style.

And then they are shocked when hubby runs off with the local “dolly-bird” (aka any woman that takes care of themselves).....
    DawnM74 and Kittylady like this.

Yes, attention to looks is considered common and unneccessary when you are at the top of the heap. But my theory is that Anne partly adopted this frumpy style (like other royals) to cover up her shenanigans. Most people would think she could never!
    MsDark likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Oh I know and I know women like that who in their 60s wear velvet head bands and a weird combo of horsey little girl shit and old lady wear, no lipstick because that’s for whores. Just because it’s rooted in a ridiculous, dated and very Protestant type of English upper class snobbery doesn’t make it any less frumpy and ugly, and grounds for mockery lol
    I saw it in Geneva too with what’s left of the super rancid Calvinist upper classes. I went to school with some of these people. the younger generations gave up on that bullshit ages ago (without turning into kardashians!) but some of the boomers and the older ones cling to their hardcore Protestant ways and their 25 year-old Ferragamo (before the brand’s revamp, when their specialty was the snobby old lady look).
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Picture of Charlotte taken by Kate

a very beautiful picture..one that charlotte will keep in her own family,s album..
    DawnM74 likes this.

Camilla Long is a very unhappy person.

Thread Information