Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree923Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 3

fgg

Princess Beatrice Is Already a ‘Fantastic Step-Mummy’ to Her Fiancé’s Toddler Son, Says Friend

Princess Beatrice is set to become the first royal of her generation to be a stepmother.

Her fiancé, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, has a son, Christopher, who was born in 2016, with his former girlfriend Dara Huang, an architect and designer.

“He is very much part of their life,” Beatrice’s friend tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue. “Beatrice has embraced the child as part of her life from the outset.”

The princess, who is ninth in line to the throne, hopes to have her own children too, her friend adds.

Mozzi shares joint custody with his ex, who splits her time between London and Hong Kong. “I wish the best for Edo and Beatrice and look forward to uniting our families,” Huang said in a statement soon after the couple’s engagement was announced.

Adds a source: “Edo is easily one of the best dads, he is so involved, and Beatrice is already showing that she’s a fantastic step-mummy.

“They’ve been on family vacations together [with his son]. They are really happy.”

Speculation began last November that a romance had blossomed between the pair, and they made their public debut at a gala alongside Princess Kate in March. The multimillionaire Italian-British property developer and his family have known Princess Beatrice for years. “Edo and Beatrice are made for each other,” said Mozzi’s parents, Nikki Williams-Ellis and Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi.

Adds a source: “It’s such happy news! All of her friends are delighted.”

https://people.com/royals/princess-b...n-says-friend/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Reality: No she is not.

I bet her wedding dress is going to be rather interesting......

Yeah but Euginie has an equally bad dress sense & look how her wedding dress turned out (I specifically liked the reason behind the low back)

^^^That dress was lovely and so far better than what I was expecting, given her usual sense of style or lack of it.
    But I doubt that Beatrice is going to have such a lavish wedding (gown).
    She does not seem the type for it, she probably won't want too much attention and won't get it from the media anyway.
    Her sister's wedding was not exactly a ratings hit and that was even before the issue of Andrew really heated up.
    We'll see how much influence her (attention whoring) parents have over the wedding, they'll probably want to go big.

There was also a “outcry” about the cost of Euginie’s wedding As the public paid the £2m it cost not the royal family and she isn’t a “working royal” in that she doesn’t do the charity stuff, she actually (pretends?) to have a job. She does a small amount but like Waity-Katie not Princess Anne or Sophie.
    Lofty Bike likes this.

^ Eugenie looked lovely and she got the best tiara.

Elton John: Night my flirty friend Diana had Stallone and Gere fighting over her... and the REAL reason we fell out

• It's the rock memoir of the decade... and the ultimate rollercoaster life
    • Now in our world exclusive extracts, Elton tells his no-holds-barred story in his own candid and wickedly funny words

By ELTON JOHN

PUBLISHED: 22:11, 4 October 2019 | UPDATED: 07:15, 5 October 2019

I first met Diana in 1981, just before her marriage to Prince Charles. It was at Prince Andrew's 21st birthday party at Windsor Castle. The evening was completely surreal.
    The percussionist Ray Cooper and I were supposed to be providing the entertainment, but before we performed, there was a disco in the ballroom.
    Because the Queen was there, and no one wanted to cause any offence to the royal sensibilities, the disco was turned down about as low as you could get without switching it off altogether. You could literally hear your feet moving around on the floor over the music.

+7

Bewitching: Diana with Elton in 1993 at a television awards ceremony

Princess Anne asked me to dance with her to Hound Dog by Elvis Presley. Well, I say 'dance': I ended up just awkwardly shuffling from foot to foot, trying to make as little noise as I could so that I didn't drown out the music.
    If you strained your ears and concentrated hard, you could just about make out that the DJ had segued from Elvis into Rock Around The Clock.
    Then the Queen appeared, carrying her handbag. She walked over and asked if she could join us.

So now I was trying to dance as inaudibly as possible with Princess Anne and the Queen — still holding her handbag — while what appeared to be the world's quietest disco played Bill Haley. I tried my best to come up with a facial expression that suggested this was a perfectly normal state of affairs.
    I know the Queen's public image isn't exactly one of wild frivolity, but I think that's more to do with the nature of her job: she can't exactly sit there cracking jokes during the State Opening of Parliament. But in private, she could be hilarious. At another party, I saw her approach Viscount Linley and ask him to look in on his sister, who'd been taken ill and had retired to her room.
    When he repeatedly tried to fob her off, the Queen lightly slapped him across the face, saying 'Don't' — SLAP — 'argue' — SLAP — 'with' — SLAP — 'me' — SLAP — 'I' — SLAP — 'am' — SLAP — 'THE QUEEN!'

+7

Me: Elton John Official Autobiography by Elton John is published by Macmillan on October 15, £25

That seemed to do the trick. As he left, she saw me staring at her, gave me a wink and walked off.
    Yet no matter how funny or normal the Royal Family seemed, whether they were asking me if I'd done any coke before I went onstage (as Princess Alexandra once did), or winking at me after slapping a nephew across the face, there'd inevitably come a moment where I'd find myself thinking: 'This is just bizarre. I'm a musician from a council house on Pinner Road — what am I doing here?'
    But with Diana, it wasn't like that. She was blessed with an incredible social ease, an ability to make people feel totally comfortable in her company.
    Her kids have inherited it, Prince Harry in particular; he's exactly the same as his mum, no interest in formality or grandeur.
    That famous photo of her holding an Aids patient's hand at the London Middlesex Hospital — that was Diana. I don't think she was necessarily trying to make a big point, although obviously she did: in that moment, she changed public attitudes to Aids forever.
    She'd just met someone suffering, dying in agony: why wouldn't you reach out and touch them? It's the natural human impulse, to try to comfort someone.
    Anyway, that night in 1981, she arrived in the ballroom and we immediately clicked. We ended up pretending to dance the Charleston while hooting at the disco's feebleness.
    Over the years I knew her, she was fabulous company, the best dinner party guest, incredibly indiscreet, a real gossip: you could ask her anything and she'd tell you.
    But if I was bowled over by Diana, it was nothing compared with the impact she could have on straight men. They seemed completely to lose their minds in her presence: they were just utterly bewitched.
    While I was making The Lion King, Jeffrey Katzenberg, the head of Disney, came over to England. David Furnish — now my husband — and I threw a dinner party for him and his wife, and asked if there was anyone they really wanted to meet. Straight away, they said: 'Princess Diana.'

+

Would-be love rivals Richard Gere and Sylvester Stallone

So we invited her, George Michael, Richard Curtis and his wife Emma Freud, Richard Gere and Sylvester Stallone, all of whom were in the country at the time.
    The most peculiar scene developed. Straight away, Richard Gere and Diana seemed very taken with each other.
    She was separated from Charles by this point, and Richard had broken up with Cindy Crawford. They ended up sitting in front of the fireplace together, locked in rapt conversation.
    As the rest of us chatted, I couldn't help notice a strange atmosphere in the room. Judging by the kind of looks he kept shooting them, Diana and Richard Gere's newly blossoming friendship was not going down well with Sylvester Stallone at all.
    I think he may have turned up to the party with the express intention of picking Diana up, only to find his plans for the evening ruined.
    Eventually, dinner was served. We moved into the dining room and seated ourselves at the table. Or at least, most of us did. There was no sign of Richard Gere, or indeed Sylvester Stallone.
    I asked David to go and find them. He came back with both of them, but he was wearing a fairly ashen expression.
    'Elton,' he mumbled. 'We have . . . a situation.'
    It transpired that he'd discovered Sylvester Stallone and Richard Gere in the corridor, squaring up to each other, apparently about to settle their differences over Diana by having a fist-fight.
    He'd managed to calm things down by pretending he hadn't noticed what was going on — 'Hey, guys! Time for dinner!' — but Sylvester clearly still wasn't happy.

+7

Princess Diana and sir Elton at a memorial mass for Italian designer Gianni Versace in Milan in July 1997

After dinner, Diana and Richard Gere resumed their position together in front of the fire, and Sylvester stormed off home.
    'I never would have come,' he snapped, as David and I showed him to the door, 'if I'd known Prince f***in' Charming was gonna be here.' Then he added: 'If I'd wanted her, I would've taken her!'
    We managed to wait until his car was out of sight before we started laughing.
    Back in our living room, Diana and Richard Gere were still gazing raptly at each other. She seemed completely unruffled.
    Maybe she hadn't realised what was happening. Or maybe stuff like that happened all the time and she was used to it.
    After she died, people started talking about something called the Diana Effect, meaning the way she managed to change the public's attitudes to the Royal Family, or to Aids or bulimia or mental health. But every time I heard the phrase, I thought about that night.
    There was definitely another kind of Diana Effect: one that could bring Hollywood superstars to the verge of a punch-up over her, like a couple of love-struck teenage idiots.
    She was a very dear friend for years, and then, completely unexpectedly, we fell out. The cause was a book Gianni Versace put together called Rock And Royalty, a collection of portraits by great photographers. The proceeds were going to the AIDS Foundation, and she agreed to write the foreword.
    Then she got cold feet. I think Buckingham Palace didn't like the idea of a member of the Royal Family having anything to do with a book that featured shots of naked guys with towels draped around them. So, at the last moment, Diana withdrew her foreword. She said she had no idea of the book's contents, which just wasn't true: Gianni had shown her the whole thing and she had said she loved it.

DAZZLING LIZ GOT HER HANDS ON MY JEWELS

Elizabeth Taylor and Elton John backstage before he performs in New York in 1992

Liz Taylor had a grand image, but she wasn’t like that at all in real life. She was hilarious — she had a really filthy English sense of humour — and incredibly kind, although you had to watch your jewellery around her.
    She was obsessed. If you were wearing something she liked the look of, she’d somehow just charm you into giving it to her. You’d walk into her dressing room wearing a Cartier watch and leave without it, never entirely sure how she’d managed to get it off you.

I wrote back to her, calling her out, telling her how much money she had cost the AIDS Foundation, reminding her that she had seen the book. The letter I got back was very formal and severe: 'Dear Mr John . . .'
    I was angry with her, but I was also worried. She seemed to be losing touch with all sorts of really close friends, who would be honest with her, and surrounding herself instead with people who told her what she wanted to hear.
    I knew from personal experience that wasn't a healthy situation.
    I didn't speak to her again until the day Gianni was murdered. I don't even know how she got hold of the number; we hadn't had the house in Nice for long. She was just down the coast, in St Tropez, on Dodi Fayed's yacht. She asked how I was, if I'd spoken to Donatella. Then she said: 'I'm so sorry. It was a silly falling-out. Let's be friends.'
    She came with us to the funeral, looking incredible. When she walked in, the paparazzi in the church went crazy: it was like the biggest star in the world had arrived, which I suppose she had.
    They didn't let up throughout the service, although I feel I should point out that the famous shot they got of her supposedly consoling me — where she's leaning forward towards me, speaking, while I'm red-eyed and glazed with grief — is one moment in the service where she wasn't doing anything of the sort.
    They snapped her just as she was leaning past me, reaching for a mint that David offered her. The warm words of comfort coming from her lips at that exact moment were actually: 'God, I'd love a Polo.'
    I wrote to her afterwards, thanking her, and she wrote back offering to be a patron of the AIDS Foundation and asking if I would get involved in her landmine charity. We were going to meet up next time we were both in London to have lunch and discuss it.
    But there wasn't a next time.
    One Sunday morning, at the end of August, we were woken by the sound of the fax machine going off. David went to look at it and came back with a sheet of paper, with a handwritten message from a friend in London: 'So sorry to hear about this awful news.'
    Neither of us knew what it meant. With a mounting sense of dread, I switched the television on. And that was how I found out Princess Diana had died.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hting-her.html
    Ravenna likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

That whole Gere/Stallone thing sounds like worse-than-usual fanfiction.

Stallone does have a thing for tall women.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    That whole Gere/Stallone thing sounds like worse-than-usual fanfiction.
    Well he does have a book to sell...

Me: Elton John Official Autobiography by Elton John is published by Macmillan on October 15, £25

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Stallone does have a thing for tall women.
    And Richard Gere had an image to maintain.
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

The Cambridges watching football

lindsaywhit likes this.

Those pictures of George are beyond adorable.
    Sarzy, fgg and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Wow. George is looking just like his dad.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

At a will reading, every relative of the deceased present expects the lawyer to mention their name when the property is being distributed.

For the family of Lord Glenconner it came as a surprise when the lawyer allocated all his estates to his black manservant Kent Adonai.

Colin Tennant became 3rd Baron Glenconner when his father passed on in 1983, his wife Lady Anne Glenconner was the Lady-In-Waiting for Princess Margaret.

In a recent article by the Daily Mail, Lady Anne recounts how her devastated family was when after her husband’s passing in 2010, the family found out he had willed his entire estate to his manservant.

Known for having an eye for the exotic, Colin bought and transformed Mustique in 1958 for £45,000 and with his love for real estate he reinvented the place into a getaway island for the famous.

He set his eyes on St Lucia and invested in an undeveloped 480-acre estate. After he spontaneously bought an exotic elephant from a Dublin Zoo to St Lucia. Colin needed a caretaker for his new pet.

At 18, Kent met Colin in 1982 while helping his father load banana boats, they got wind of a ship that had exotic animals including an elephant.

Kent stood out from the many young boys who expressed an interest in caring for the elephant and Colin took a liking to him.

“When we got to Soufrière, the elephant didn’t want to come out of its box. I helped to encourage her out. I think that’s why Mr Tennant said he wanted me to look after her. To this day, many people here still know me as ‘marrie l’elefant’, (the elephant husband in patois), not Kent.”

Spanning three decades Kent became Colin’s go-to person for everything, especially since his wife, Lady Anne, had to dedicate her time to care for their almost-brain dead son, Christopher, who was 19 at the time of the accident in 1987.

He was his “elephant keeper, estate manager, driver and factotum for the aristocrat, whose family fortune was the product of an ancestor inventing industrial bleach.”

Lord Glenconner got prostate cancer in 2010 and hid his diagnosis from people except close relatives and Kent. As a businessman he felt if his cancer went public, it will just be bad for business.

Describing the day Colin died to the Telegraph, Kent said, “I tried to pump his chest and bring him back to life as I held him, but it was no good,” he said emotionally. He drove his master to the hospital, but he was dead on arrival from the heart attack he suffered earlier.

In the wake of his master’s death Kent Adonai’s luck changed. A poor boy who grew up in “a shanty town, is now the proud owner of a vast estate on the island of St Lucia worth millions of pounds.”

Lord Glenconner made a new will seven months before his death with a lawyer from Soufrière. At the will reading the lawyer read, ‘I hereby leave everything to Kent Adonai, and I trust he will carry out my wishes towards the family.’

Clueless as to what his “wishes” were and his family’s obvious disappointment with the turn of events, the family contested the will in court in St Lucia.

Lady Glenconner told The Sunday Telegraph: “We are not angry; we are surprised. There’s no rift. We feel Colin [Lord Glenconner] was very ill, that he changed his will, but was not well enough. He had cancer very badly and I don’t think he remembered making the will. The will wasn’t Kent’s fault.”

For seven years, the legal battle to rightfully claim what they thought was theirs raged on. His family believed he was not of sound mind when he amended his will because to them the rightful heir to his estate was his grandson Cody Tennant.

Kent ended up with a huge amount of money and land worth £22 million and Cody got about half of his estate.

“I was with him every day. We would talk for hours; I drove him everywhere. He was a wonderful man. He taught me so much about the world, about history and culture. Every day, I miss him terribly,” said Mr Adonai to the
    Telegraph.

Family loses seven-year legal battle as loyal manservant inherits $24m estate from master after 30-year service - Face2Face Africa

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information