Page 77 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1279
Like Tree2189Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 2

The Queen Mum brought new blood into the gene pool, but Lizzie undid all that by marrying Cousin Phil.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

The Queen Mother just ensured they continued to be short though. At least Phillip brought some height into the RF which they added to with Diana.
    Sassiness likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

A*O

Right. HMQ is tiny and the men, eg Charles aren't much taller. Skinny too.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    All Euro royals are related and always have been. It's a very shallow gene pool. It's because until fairly recently royals only married and bred with other royals. Queen Victoria had 9 children who all married Euro cousins which compounded the problem. The Danish/Greek royal family also married lots of cousins, eg, Queen Sofia of Spain is ex King Constantine of Greece's sister and Queen Margareth of Denmark is the sister of Constantine's wife Anne-Marie. Frankly I'm amazed there aren't more drooling gimps in there although some of them don't seem to be quite right, eg, Edward and Sophie Wessex's daughter Lady Louise Windsor.

Allowing the Middleton, Markle and other commoner DNA in might help a bit but it will take a few more generations to improve it.
    Isn't Queen Victoria the one that passed hemophilia on to much of her gene pool (because they just kept inbreeding)? I swear, I remember reading that but her wiki page is ENORMOUS.
    faithanne and Sassiness like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

The parents of King Harald of Norway were first cousins and Harald is a first cousin to the former Kind of Belgium .

A*O

Yes, Victoria carried the haemophilia gene which was passed to many descendants, the most famous being the Russian tsarevich and heir Alexei who would almost certainly have died from it had the Bolsheviks not shot him with his family in 1917. There's no reason to suppose that haemophilia isn't still lurking in the royal gene pool so I reckon they do a lot of screening if couples plan to breed.
    Nevan and Sassiness like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    ^^^Hey, autistic doesn't make him an asshole.

Doesn't make him not one either.
    Oh, I wasn't calling Philippos an asshole at all. Sorry if it came across that way. Pavlos and Constantine, OTOH, are.
    effie2 and lindsaywhit like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

EXCLUSIVE - The Queen is left heartbroken by the death of her last corgi: Devoted companion Willow, who appeared in James Bond Olympics sketch, dies at the age of 14

• The Queen has been left heartbroken after the death of her last Welsh corgi
    • Willow, who was almost 15, was put to sleep at Windsor Castle on Sunday
    • The dog had a cancer-related illness and the Queen did not want her pet to suffer
    • Insiders say the Queen has been hit ‘extremely hard’ by the loss of Willow

By RICHARD KAY FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 17:11 EDT, 17 April 2018 | UPDATED: 04:40 EDT, 18 April 2018

The Queen has been left heartbroken after the death of her last corgi. Willow, who was almost 15, was put to sleep at Windsor Castle on Sunday.
    The dog had a cancer-related illness and the Queen did not want her beloved pet to suffer further. The death brings to an end a remarkable history between the Queen and corgis dating back more than eight decades.
    Willow was the 14th generation descended from Susan, a gift to the then Princess Elizabeth on her 18th birthday. But her heritage dates back even further, to 1933, when the Queen’s father George VI (then Duke of York) introduced a corgi, Dookie, into the Royal Family.

The Queen has been left heartbroken after the death of her last corgi. Willow (circled top left), who was almost 15, was put to sleep at Windsor Castle on Sunday. The dog had a cancer-related illness and the Queen did not want her beloved pet to suffer further

The link with Willow, who was pictured in the official portrait to mark the Queen’s 90th birthday two years ago, was a precious one.

In 2015 it emerged that she had stopped breeding Pembroke Welsh corgis because of fears that, with younger dogs around her feet, she might trip over and hurt herself.

Her Majesty was still feeding and exercising Willow until the weekend, when the dog’s condition worsened. On Sunday afternoon, the decision was taken to call a vet.
    ‘She does not like seeing her dogs suffer and she knows that sometimes putting a dog down is the kindest course of action – although that doesn’t make her loss any less,’ says the source. One comforting fact was that Prince Philip, recuperating from his hip replacement operation, was able to be with her at Windsor.

It is understood the dog has been buried in the castle grounds. In time there will be a headstone bearing the pet’s name and the words ‘a faithful companion of the Queen’.

ETC.>

The Queen always finds time for her dogs. She likes to feed them herself with the finest cuts of meat and chicken, as well as crumbling up treats from her own plate.

Since 1945, she has had more than 30 corgis – many of them direct descendants of Susan, whose first puppies, Sugar and Honey, born in 1949, marked the beginning of a new royal dynasty.

At one stage there were said to be 13 corgis lolling in the Queen’s private sitting room and nipping the heels of footmen, prime ministers and ladies-in-waiting.

Read the whole article: The Queen is left heartbroken by the death of her last corgi | Daily Mail Online

Aw it’s sad when a dog dies
    Free Charmed.

I feel so sorry for her
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Aww. Losing a dog is horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Aw it’s sad when a dog dies
    Her last dog.

The queen has always done her best, she's person to be damned proud of. She's done right by everybody and everything she holds dear. When you lose her Britain, it will be a sad day.

I thought I read that she stopped breeding her corgis because she knew they would outlive her and she didn't want to leave her dogs without their mama. Which makes it even sadder.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^^^ That's what I remember reading too.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I thought I read that she stopped breeding her corgis because she knew they would outlive her and she didn't want to leave her dogs without their mama. Which makes it even sadder.
    I remember that too, and clearly that was the case otherwise by now she would've taken a new pupper. This makes me really sad. I'm thinking it's like, I don't want my pets to outlive me and my days are numbered so I have to spend my remaining days without having pets (which she clearly loved).
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Thread Information