Page 63 of 224 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree6863Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 2

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    My whole guest closet is full of coats from when I lived in England. Not really useful in Phoenix, but they were expensive and maybe one day I can wear them again. Or I should just set up an ebay site and have y'all buy them.
    Me too. I have some great coats and jackets but no use whatsoever in this climate, even midwinter when the sooky locals start whining how "freezing" it is at 60deg LOL
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Me too. I have some great coats and jackets but no use whatsoever in this climate, even midwinter when the sooky locals start whining how "freezing" it is at 60deg LOL
    Me too after living 5 years in Russia, I have a killer collection of beautiful coats I refuse to part with. And my favorite mink hat like this one with a quilted lining. Used to wear it ll the time and I have a pair of mink mittens too.

(Sorry pic is so big. Google has made it frustratingly more difficult to pinch photos off the internet)

Last edited by azoria; February 22nd, 2018 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    Coincidence . Both , William and Kate became full time royals around September 2017 but the pregnancy kept her off her feet for a while and just around the time that she was getting better and back into the game , Harry and Meghan announced their engagement .
    Wait. What’s a full-time royal vs. a part time royal?

What have they been since their marriage? When she isn’t pregnant but is part-time royaling, what are she and William required to do?
    OrangeSlice likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Wait. What’s a full-time royal vs. a part time royal?

What have they been since their marriage? When she isn’t pregnant but is part-time royaling, what are she and William required to do?
    Charities and patronages, public appearances, speaking engagements.

A good example of a working royal is Princess Anne - Her Royal Highness is involved with over 300 charities, organisations and military regiments in the UK and overseas, and she devotes a large part of her working life to official engagements and visits. She also carries out a very wide range of official duties and visits in the United Kingdom in support of regional authorities and local institutions.

https://www.royal.uk/the-princess-royal
    NickiDrea likes this.

Sorry to ask so many questions about this but I don’t know a ton about royals. I can understand William being a part-time Royal because he was working. But Kate has never worked. So while he was working and when she wasn’t pregnant, why wasn’t she required to be a full time royal? Is it because she had 2 babies apart in a short time period? Do royals ever just keep having babies so that they doesn’t have to work? What about being a full-time royal before they had kids?

I read somewhere that they’ve become full-time royals now that George has gone to school, but what about Charlotte? She isn’t in school yet. I’m so confused.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Elite Member

Maybe she needed some sort of training, maybe the older royals prepare their retirement and now there is more "work" available. I understand Harry is taking some of former Philip duties, maybe the Queen is passing some of hers to Kate. I'm sorry but I never see this royal work as something really meaningful, but I assume they have to fill their days somehow.
    NickiDrea likes this.

Charlotte did start nursery school this Fall.
    NickiDrea likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It's an artificial distinction. You're born into the royals or you marry a royal. The Queen is stepping down some of her duties and the younger ones have to step up. But they are always royals. It's just another excuse to bash Kate. And of course she was really sick during her pregnancies unless she went into hospital for fun.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Duchess of Cornwall won't accompany Prince Charles around Australia 'to avoid internal flights because she's afraid of flying'

• The Duchess of Cornwall will not join four-day tour of Australia with her husband
    • Aides admitted that Camilla, 70, refused because tour would be too 'gruelling'
    • Aides said she 'does not like flying' but would still go to Commonwealth Games

By REBECCA ENGLISH ROYAL CORRESPONDENT FOR THE DAILY MAIL and RORY TINGLE FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 01:31, 27 February 2018 | UPDATED: 12:01, 27 February 2018

The Duchess of Cornwall will not accompany Prince Charles on a royal tour around Australia to avoid internal flights because she is scared of flying.
    She will travel to Brisbane with her husband for the Commonwealth Games opening on April 4 but will leave three days later - dodging a four-day trip that would have involved several flights between Vanuatu, Cairns, Gove and Darwin.
    Clarence House denied the decision by Camilla, who turned 70 last year, is a snub to the Queen’s subjects in Australia.

The Duchess of Cornwall will not be flying out to Australia with her husband because it is 'too gruelling', according to aides

A spokesman said: 'It’s quite a gruelling tour, with some fantastic places for the prince to visit. Her last tour there was in 2013.
    ‘She is going to the Games, which she regards as a very important part of it.’
    Asked whether she should only go for two days, the spokesman added: ‘Better than not. She decided a few weeks ago to firm up her plans. We were always looking at the Duchess coming.
    ‘There are no health reasons [for her pulling out after two days]. She is as fit as a flea. The Duchess does not like flying but I think she sometimes has to embrace that fear and get on with it.’

Charles will continue the tour alone for a further four days on a schedule that will require lots of internal flights.
    He will travel on to the Pacific nation of Vanuatu, before returning to Australia - where his mother is head of state - to visit Cairns, Gove and Darwin, and making his own way back to the UK.
    The couple’s visit comes at a sensitive time, just days before the high-profile Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in London, attended by the Queen.
    Buckingham Palace has in recent years been canvassing hard for Charles to inherit his mother’s title as head of the Commonwealth.
    As London may be the last time the elderly monarch will attend the biannual gathering of its 52 members, it is anticipated the meeting will be used as an opportunity to ratify the prince as her successor.

+2

However, the Camilla will fly out to be at Prince Charles' side when he goes to open April’s Commonwealth Games on Australia's Gold Coast

Which is why courtiers believe that it is vital for Charles and Camilla, as his consort, to put on a united front Down Under.
    A spokeswoman for the duchess admitted yesterday that she had only recently decided to attend the Games after weeks of speculation in Australia, but insisted that she should be applauded for going despite her well-known fear of flying.
    She said: ‘The Duchess has always wanted to go to the Commonwealth Games but she was taking a little longer to decide what the rest of the programme was going to be and what the rest of her programme this year was going to be.
    ‘We have got CHOGM, the Prince of Wales’s birthday, their spring tour... so she is going to return after the Commonwealth Games as that would be the natural point to return home.’
    The couple’s trip will be paid for by the Australia Government.
    Charles and Camilla will travel out on commercial flights to Singapore, where they will be picked by up an Australian Royal Air Force plane.
    Camilla will then travel back to London from Australia on another commercial flight.
    Charles’s visit to Vanuatu, a remote Pacific archipelago, will be welcomed by the villagers on the island of Tanna, who believe Prince Philip is descended from one of their spirit ancestors.
    The cult which has grown around the Duke of Edinburgh - called the Prince Philip Movement - is believed to date from 1974, when he and the Queen visited Vanuatu on the Royal yacht Britannia.
    Some villagers on Tanna have decorated a shrine with framed portraits of Prince Philip draped with the Union Flag.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5438471/Duchess-Cornwall-wont-travel-Australia-husband.html

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Duchess of Cornwall won't accompany Prince Charles around Australia 'to avoid internal flights because she's afraid of flying'
    Gosh and aren't we all devastated.
    Be excellent to each other.

A*O

So she can survive the "trauma" of a 24hr flight from the UK, but can't manage a couple of internal flights once she gets here? Bollox.
    rollo likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I know. And think how many times she must have criss-crossed the world for her, er, painting holidays!

Silver Member

The Laziest Woman Born in Britain rides again. It must be SUCH a trial to travel on private jets royal style.

I don't believe that Camilla has no health issues. She looks frail and exhausted for a while now.

Charles’s visit to Vanuatu, a remote Pacific archipelago, will be welcomed by the villagers on the island of Tanna, who believe Prince Philip is descended from one of their spirit ancestors.
    The cult which has grown around the Duke of Edinburgh - called the Prince Philip Movement - is believed to date from 1974, when he and the Queen visited Vanuatu on the Royal yacht Britannia.
    Some villagers on Tanna have decorated a shrine with framed portraits of Prince Philip draped with the Union Flag.
    lol, wut?
    Sarzy and twitchy2.0 like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Thread Information