Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree406Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 2

I loved the pastries and ice creams there. But Belgium, always Belgium for the chocolates.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I, as a Swiss, have to admit that chocolate in Belgium is indeed VERY good. But of course, I still prefer Swiss chocolates. (I have to)
    -

‘Heavy colds’ force Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip to delay annual winter break at Sandringham

Gordon Rayner, The Telegraph | December 21, 2016 11:26 PM ET
    More from The Telegraph

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip on Nov. 3, 2016. The Queen has delayed her Christmas trip to her country estate in Sandringham because she and her husband have “heavy colds”, a Buckingham Palace spokesman said.
    STEFAN WERMUTH/AFP/Getty ImagesQueen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip on Nov. 3, 2016. The Queen has delayed her Christmas trip to her country estate in Sandringham because she and her husband have "heavy colds", a Buckingham Palace spokesman said.

The Queen’s annual Christmas break at Sandringham is such an immovable fixture in her diary she takes the same train every year to her Norfolk retreat.
    But for the first time in recent memory, Her Majesty was forced to postpone her departure from London on Wednesday after she and the Duke of Edinburgh came down with heavy colds.
    They spent the day instead recovering at Buckingham Palace, and will decide Thursday morning whether they are well enough to travel.
    Her Majesty, who is 90, hosted the annual Christmas lunch at the Palace on Tuesday, when the extended Royal Family joined her for the traditional get-together before her winter break.
    The Queen’s Sandringham Estate in Norfolk on June 12, 2012.
    ADRIAN DENNIS/AFP/GettyImagesThe Queen's Sandringham Estate in Norfolk on June 12, 2012.

After waking up feeling unwell however, the Queen and the Duke, who had been due to catch the 10.44 train from King’s Cross to King’s Lynn, made the decision to cancel their train journey.

Security staff were out in force at King’s Cross station but they were told to stand down only minutes before the train left. At King’s Lynn, officers who cordoned off an area for her car to pick her up were also told to leave.
    The mystery of their non-appearance was cleared up when Buckingham Palace issued a statement saying: “The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh have heavy colds, and so have decided not to travel to Sandringham today.”
    Royal sources said no decision on rescheduling the trip would be taken until Friday, but they are still expected to travel to Sandringham in time for Christmas.

Related

They will be joined there by Prince Harry, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and other members of their immediate family, with the exception of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children, who are spending the festive period with the Duchess’s family in Berkshire.
    On Tuesday Buckingham Palace announced that the Queen would be stepping down as Patron of 25 organizations in an acknowledgement that she will need to reduce her workload.
    Despite their advancing years, the Queen and the Duke continue to enjoy remarkable health and fulfil hundreds of public engagements each year.

Source: ‘Heavy colds’ force Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip to delay annual winter break at Sandringham | National Post

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    She met her husband at the UN. He's German and when they moved to Europe to get married, he opened up his accounting firm in Luxembourg City. I loved it. I was never there before. And the trains are excellent, so you can get to Belgium, Holland and Germany in a couple of hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    I, as a Swiss, have to admit that chocolate in Belgium is indeed VERY good. But of course, I still prefer Swiss chocolates. (I have to)
    I as Belgian have to disagree. I love our chocolate. If we have Belgian visitors and they don't bring chocolate (even the supermarket kind cote d'or is yummy) I put them straight back on a plane. My favortie one is cote d'or with caramelised almonds and salt. None of the expensive brands come close to this.

Although first thing I do when I arrive in my hometown is go my favorite fritterie (they are not all good) and eat a packet of fries with mayonnaise and meatsauce.I know it looks disgusting but it taste so good!

and then of course waffles but the gaufre de Bruxelles (not Liege) but they need to be superlight and crispy.

Gosh I miss my homecountry
    Last edited by kasippu; December 22nd, 2016 at 11:03 AM.
    Brookie, Wisher2 and CornFlakegrl like this.

Still can't get past the mayo on fries...when I was in Brussels, the mayo was free, but they charged for what they called "US red ketchup sauce"!!!
    Wisher2 and sputnik like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

it should be a capital crime to put mayo on fries.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    it should be a mortal sin to put mayo on fries.
    Then Belgium is hell, 'cause they slather it on. There's even salmon mayo, which is mayo with salmon puree'. Yeah, witchcurlgirl, I know, gross. And the catsup doesn't taste like American catsup - not to me anyway. More like thickened tomato juice. So I went with the mayo, but I was not happy. The fries themselves are amazing. They use a double-frying technique.

In europe i stick with malt vinegar, salt and pepper on fries. (I do it here too, if there's vinegar.)

I'm not a big mayo fan in general, but on potatoes, gag.
    BITTER likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Mayo on fries is my second favorite way to eat fries. My favorite is mayo, warm peanut sauce, and onions(patatje oorlog). Oh My God. It's the best.
    BITTER, Brookie, kasippu and 1 others like this.

I like to mix mayo and ketchup together for my fries.
    Kittylady and weathered1 like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Still can't get past the mayo on fries...when I was in Brussels, the mayo was free, but they charged for what they called "US red ketchup sauce"!!!
    I eat my fries with ranch dressing.... I HATE ketchup.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I always thought Mayo on Fries was a Canadian thing.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I like mayo on my waffle fries. All other fries get ranch or nothing.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Catsup or bust. Same with onion rings. Mayo is for sandwiches IMO.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I have to say that it was quite a culture shock, the mayo on fries (they do it in The Netherlands, too), but their mayo is quite delish so it grew on us and we like it now. Not a fan of the peanut sauce with fries. That may have to something to do with the part of my heritage that is Indonesian. First off, the Dutch make their own (yuck) version of the sauce (and they also make their own version of Sateh, which is from Indonesia, into Saté which is just too yuck for words) which they then proceed to eat with all kinds of other foods it's not supposed to be eaten with. Yet, since it has nothing to do with the real, original, Indonesian peanut sauce I guess that could be okay, if only they wouldn't call it the exact same name.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information