Page 30 of 224 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree6863Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    I have dumb questions and I'm too lazy to Google, so I figured some of you could help:
    Why is the Queen's husband called a Prince instead of King?
    Why was Princess Di a Princess and Kate is a Duchess?
    Will William be a King or a Prince and what will Kate be?
    I thought it was because the Queen is Queen by blood. Her husband cannot have a title that is above hers and the title of King is higher than that of Queen, so that’s why Phillip is a Prince. And there is no such title as “King Consort” anymore?

Diana was not Princess Diana, as she is not a Princess by blood, she was Diana, Princess of Wales and I thought I read that she got that title because her husband was next in line to be the monarch?

William will eventually be King and Kate will be Queen Consort, right? And if William became King and died while the kids were minors Kate would be the Queen Mother or Dowager Queen?
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

It wouldn’t let me edit my post but after doing some research it says that Diana got to be Princess of Wales because when she married Charles he was already a Prince in his own right through birth and then he became a prince again when he became invested as Prince of Wales, which became his major title. So when she married him she took on his major title (Prince of Wales) and became a princess. So I guess Prince William’s major title is different?

It also said that Kate’s title is Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of something else.
    Froogy likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

A*O

Technically, Camilla is already Princess of Wales due to her marriage to the Prince of Wales but wisely doesn't use the title because it would certainly rile up the Ditards.
    As the eldest son, William will probably become PofW when his father becomes king (it's not automatic, it has to be conferred by the monarch) and Kate will then be Princess of Wales.
    Unless there's a terrible catastrophe, Harry will never be king. He's currently 5th in line, 6th when Kate breeds again.

I'm going to give Ms Markle the benefit of the doubt but she's got a LOT to learn.
    Brookie, Kittylady and Sassiness like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I think it's funny that modern royal fans are repeating the same stuff that happened thirty years ago. Fergie also married the younger brother and was seen as "modern" and a "breath of fresh air" compared to stodgy aristocratic Diana who was just popping out babies.
    redcat, tulip and Sassiness like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Somehow I would hope Meghan Markle is a tad bit savvier than getting involved in something like a toe-sucking scandal. Fergie was just so tacky and low-rent, not just "a breath of fresh air." Just being an American actress divorcee doesn't automatically put her in the same league.
    rollo, Mrs P, arie_skop and 3 others like this.

A*O

I agree, but she will have to tread carefully. For all their protestations of "modernity, the royal family is still hidebound by tradition and protocol and their courtiers and household even more so. They aren't going to change for Meghan, she has to change for them and a lot more than she realises. Sure, Harry can show her the way to an extent, but he was born into that rarified lifestyle and so doesn't really understand how alien it all is to a "normal" person, let alone a foreigner with no real idea of all the nuances of high profile royal life.

Kate is dealing with it by keeping out of the public eye as much as possible, taking plenty of private holidays and Being A Mother. She also has a spoilt, petulant brat of a man-child husband which can't be easy but that was the deal she chose (or rather her mother did all those years ago). Meghan's womb isn't so dynastically important, but she's 36 tick, tock.
    arie_skop, Sassiness and Flygirl like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I wonder how long before Meghan is pregnant (after the marriage). Probably within a year.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    I wonder how long before Meghan is pregnant (after the marriage). Probably within a year.
    I'm sure for security purposes they'll at leats freeze some eggs.

Despite the haters, I think most people are just happy that Harry found someone to settle down with.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

And that he seems to be happy.

I don't buy the story about William and Harry in conflict with their dad. I think you can tell when they are together the love they have for each other and they have also seemed to accept Camilla. I'm sure they don't call her ;mommy but who the hell cares.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    And that he seems to be happy.

I don't buy the story about William and Harry in conflict with their dad. I think you can tell when they are together the love they have for each other and they have also seemed to accept Camilla. I'm sure they don't call her ;mommy but who the hell cares.
    I don't buy it either, and I believe the stories that suggest that they have a good relationship with their stepmother. But the Ditards won't ever believe it, even if Charles and his boys did a group hug outside the gates of Buckingham Palace.
    A*O, ikmccall, gas_chick and 2 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

Random royal news: Former King of Romania(no longer a monarchy), Michael I, died, aged 96. He was the last living head of state from World War II.

^^^Yes, he was a bit of a cutie in his youth...his father was a womanizing asshat who cared more about his whores than raising his son to be king.

Brookie likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Despite the haters, I think most people are just happy that Harry found someone to settle down with.
    I don't understand people hating on Meghan already. She's only just got engaged and done one event well!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I don't buy it either, and I believe the stories that suggest that they have a good relationship with their stepmother. But the Ditards won't ever believe it, even if Charles and his boys did a group hug outside the gates of Buckingham Palace.
    They wouldn't do that to appease the Camillatards!
    Kittylady likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I don't understand people hating on Meghan already. She's only just got engaged and done one event well!
    Seriously, I feel for this girl. She has no idea what she gets herself into.
    C_is_for_Cookie and arie_skop like this.

Thread Information