Page 20 of 224 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree6863Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 2

He's circling the drain...
    twitchy2.0 and HWBL like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

I need to find a 365 desk calendar that has all his quotes.

The Queen looks fantastic in that green suit. And I adore her hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    I need to find a 365 desk calendar that has all his quotes.

Yes!

Silver Member

Camilla ‘Broke Prince Charles’s Heart’ and He Begged Her to Call off Her First Wedding, New Book Claims

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, is making her side of the story heard.
    In the upcoming biography The Duchess: The Untold Story, written by royal biographer Penny Junor with input from many of Camilla’s closest friends, new revelations have emerged about her longtime love affair with Prince Charles.
    In an adapted excerpt published Friday by the Daily Mail, Junor details Prince Charles’s sadness when Camilla decided to marry Andrew Parker Bowles in 1973. Although she and Charles had met two years prior and fallen in love, she was not deemed “sufficiently aristocratic” to be the future king’s wife. What’s more, she was not a virgin, which was then considered a prerequisite by Charles’s great uncle and close adviser, Lord Mountbatten.
    At the time Camilla accepted Parker Bowles’s proposal, Charles had embarked on a career in the Royal Navy and was serving a stint in the Caribbean.
    “She wrote to Charles herself to tell him. Her letter broke the prince’s heart. In great distress, he fired off anguished letters of his own to his nearest and dearest,” according to the excerpt.
    “It seemed to him particularly cruel, he wrote in one letter, that after ‘such a blissful, peaceful and mutually happy relationship’, fate had decreed that it should last a mere six months.”
    Before the July 4 wedding, he made one “last-ditch” attempt to stop her from marrying Parker Bowles by writing her a letter, to no avail.
    The Mail also recaps Camilla’s infamous first meeting with Charles, which was set up by his friend Lucia Santa Cruz.
    “As Lucia made the introductions, she joked, ‘Now, you two, be very careful, you’ve got genetic antecedents. Careful, CAREFUL!'” according to the Mail. “The reference was to Alice Keppel, Camilla’s great-grandmother, who had been a mistress of Edward VII, Charles’s great-great grandfather.
    The attraction was “immediate . . . He loved the fact that she smiled with her eyes as well as her mouth, and laughed at the same silly things as he did. He also liked that she was so natural and easy and friendly, not in any way overawed by him, not fawning or sycophantic. In short, he was very taken with her, and after that first meeting he began ringing her up.”
    The Mail also claims that Andrew Parker Bowles was unfaithful and that Camilla “lived with a permanent knot of dread in her tummy, fearing that one day he might leave her. And this left her very vulnerable to the attentions of a suitor.”
    Meanwhile, she and Charles remained confidantes and “best friends,” before they became lovers again around 1978 or 1979 following the birth of Camilla’s daughter Laura.
    “Andrew was in no position to complain; and when he discovered what was going on, he wisely didn’t make a fuss,” according to the excerpt. “Some would say that a part of him actually quite enjoyed the fact that his wife was sleeping with the future King; he might have felt differently had Charles been a traveling salesman.”

Camilla’s relationship with Charles, 68, has long been a topic of discussion, with many Princess Diana supporters —and Diana herself — blaming Camilla for the pair’s strained relationship.
    Charles separated from Diana in 1992 and the pair officially divorced in 1996. Despite the scandal surrounding their affair — especially after the death of Diana in 1997 — Charles and Camilla eventually got married in 2005.

New Biography of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall on Her Affair with Prince Charles

It's too bad they weren't allowed to marry as it would have avoided heartache all around for all involved.

Reset my laptop and my old name Wisher came up when I logged in.
    Eat it, it'll put hairs on your chest
    Well, dye me red and call me blondie

A*O

Penny Junor is more reliable than many royal commentators so I believe this and I'm glad that Camilla's side of the whole sorry saga is finally being told.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^^ Remember that Lady Colin? Haven't seen her in ages. She was in "it's a man baby" territory.

Does it really mean that they've changed with the times because unless I'm really off, Kate is a common commoner, no?

Such a tragic love story.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

A*O

Lady Colin Campbell - married for 5 minutes to the Duke of Argyll's brother but kept the title.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Here we go again. Camilla didn't want to marry Charles. She preferred the much more dashing and handsome Andrew PB. Another paper which is serialising this nonsense says that Camilla got back with Charles to preserve his sanity! And we are always told that Diana was the insane one....
    idunno, Wisher and garysgirl1999 like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Charles marrying Diana made it interesting to people who didn't care before. Diana made them popular especially to us here in the US. But yep, he should have married Camilla. Would've. Could've. Should've.
    Wisher likes this.

He looks much happier now than he ever did with Diana.

There would have been no William and Harry if he'd stayed with Camilla.

Did they really make Diana have a exam to make sure she was a virgin? Yuck.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

fgg

Royal Photographer Calls Princess Grace the ‘Most Difficult Royal’ and Princess Margaret the ‘Diana of Her Day’

A royal photographer is spilling behind-the-scenes details on what some of the world’s most glamorous princesses were like away from the cameras.

In his new book, My Life Photographing Royalty And The Famous, Reginald Davis, who worked as a royal photographer for four decades, reveals a more intimate side to the last century’s most famous royals.

But “the most difficult royal I ever photographed,” he said, according to the Daily Express, was Princess Grace of Monaco.”

“She only agreed to a private audience because I had previously had a private audience with the Queen,” he continued.

“Everyone wanted to shoot Grace,” he said. “She was such an attractive woman, why be so haughty, arrogant and awkward?

“Of course, you’d never know that from looking at her face” he said. “(In the photo) she seems every inch the relaxed, happy mother.”

As for his favorite subject to shoot, Davis says that title went to Queen Elizabeth’s younger sister, Princess Margaret.

“She was just so vibrant — and had these beautiful azure eyes,” he said. “She really was the Diana of her day. Everything I took of her was in demand.”

After training as a photographer with the Royal Navy during WWII, Davis joined the Daily Express in 1949 and graduated from working on the night shift to shooting celebrities at first nights and film premieres.

He first photographed the Queen in 1959 and during the next four decades, accompanied the royal family on state visits and royal tours around the world.

But he did some of his best work at the royal family’s homes in Britain.

“I’d been invited to Windsor Castle to photograph the family in the gardens. I had this idea of sitting them all on the grass.

“But the ground was so wet I had to get something for them to sit on,” Davis said. “All I could find was a Persian rug.

“When Prince Philip saw it he wanted to know: ‘Whatever is a Persian carpet doing in the middle of Windsor?’

“Thankfully the Queen eased the situation, saying to the two younger boys (Princes Andrew and Edward): ‘Come along children, let’s sit on the magic carpet and fly away …’ “

Royal Photographer Says Princess Grace Was the 'Most Difficult Royal' and Calls Princess Margaret the 'Diana of Her Day'
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elizabeth, the gold sovereign: Queen marks the 150th anniversary of Canada's formation with platinum maple-leaf brooch which her father gave to her mother on their first trip to the country

• The portrait was taken by Toronto-based photographer Ian Leslie Macdonald
    • It has been released for Canada Day which celebrates the country's formation
    • The Prince Charles and Camilla are in Canada to celebrate the anniversary

ByDaily Mail Reporter
    Published: 00:02 BST, 1 July 2017 | Updated: 12:10 BST, 1 July 2017

165 shares
    View comments

Perched on a golden throne, the Queen marks the 150th anniversary of Canada's formation today.
    The picture of the monarch, herself wearing pale gold, shows Her Majesty wearing her platinum maple-leaf brooch on her left shoulder.
    Set with diamonds, it was given to her mother by her father George VI in 1939 on their trip to Canada – the first tour of the country by a reigning monarch.

+2

Her Majesty wore a platinum maple-leaf brooch on her left shoulder for Canada Day

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are on a three-day tour of Canada to celebrate the anniversary.
    The portrait of the Queen was taken by Toronto-based photographer Ian Leslie Macdonald and released in honour of Canada Day.
    RELATED ARTICLES

Share this article

It marks the day in 1867 when the dominion of Canada was born as the British North America Act united the British colonies of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick with the province of Canada to form a new nation.
    Mr Macdonald is the regimental photographer of the 48th Highlanders of Canada and took an official portrait of the Queen earlier this year to commemorate her platinum anniversary as Colonel-in-Chief of the regiment.

+2

Set with diamonds, the brooch was given to her mother (pictured) by her father George VI in 1939 on their trip to Canada – the first tour of the country by a reigning monarch

That's a stunning picture. I love her so much. It's hard for me to imagine a time when she won't be queen. She's been the Queen all of my life.
    C_is_for_Cookie and needmeds like this.

Thread Information