Page 165 of 224 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3352
Like Tree6863Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 2

Revealed: 70% of anti-Meghan tweets sent in two months came from just TWENTY trolls whose accounts were 'created to produce negative content about the Duchess'

More than 3,600 hateful tweets directed at, or about, the Duchess of Sussex were sent in just two months by just 20 accounts, new analysis has revealed.

The handful of accounts, most of which seem to have been set up explicitly and exclusively to spew vile posts about Meghan Markle, were responsible for 70 per cent of more than 5,200 abusive messages.

The research, by campaign group Hope Not Hate and*CNN, examined tweets in January and February featuring anti-Meghan hashtags including #megxit, #bumpgate and #mmtcd - believed to mean 'Meghan Markle, the Charlatan Duchess'.

It comes after Buckingham Palace, Clarence House and Kensington Palace issued joint new rules which warned that 'obscene, offensive or threatening' comments would be removed from message threads in order to create a 'safe environment' for genuine fans.

Royal aides warned that abusive comments - such as those targeting Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle - could be reported to the police, and said the official accounts had had to 'pre-block' the n word and emojis of knives and guns.

In January, Kensington Palace revealed that its moderating teams spends 'hours' eliminating 'vile' comments, which often target the Duchess of Cambridge, 37, and the pregnant Duchess of Sussex, also 37.

Patrik Hermansson, researcher for Hope Not Hate, said: 'Meghan Markle has suffered appalling levels of abuse, some of it racist in nature.

'Our data analysis, provided to CNN, was able to show how just a small number of accounts were behind the vast majority of anti-Meghan trolling on Twitter.

'This mirrors other research we've done, for example analysing anti-Muslim abuse online, where similar messages are often shared, co-ordinated and amplified by key accounts, as well as bots.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...TY-trolls.html
    SHELLEE, Kittylady, tulip and 1 others like this.

Do people get paid for those comments, or do they just not have a life?

How pathetic. Harassing a pregnant woman just for kicks.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I wish I thought it was just for kicks. People gossip - have always gossiped - about celebrities, royals, politicians, etc. As members here have said, with any given celebrity, some folks love them, some can't stand them, no big deal. Some people think Kate is boring, some say she's classic and dignified.

But with Meghan Markle, the level of vitriol is astounding. I'm not trying to provoke another discussion here about her - this isn't about GR, it's about the wider world and web. The hatred directed at MM is astounding, and to me, at least, not only heartbreaking, but terrifying.

A*O

So MMs minders think they can censor the Internet. Good luck with that.
    effie2, rollo and kasippu like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Even if she wasn’t pregnant it’d still be pathetic.
    Sarzy, Kittylady, tulip and 9 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Well technically its Kensington Palace and they are policing their own Twitter feed, not the entirety of the internet, which is their right, the same as every other Twitter user. They are also removing trolls going after Kate as well, so it's not just about Meghan.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Even if she wasn’t pregnant it’d still be pathetic.
    Yeah, I don't see what her being pregnant has to do with anything. But creating twitter accounts just to hurl abuse at one person seems not only pathetic, but unhinged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Well technically its Kensington Palace and they are policing their own Twitter feed, not the entirety of the internet, which is their right, the same as every other Twitter user. They are also removing trolls going after Kate as well, so it's not just about Meghan.
    Exactly, that's all they can do. Social media has given everyone a platform and the royals (and all public figures) have to roll with the punches which is why they try to create their own narrative. Chelsy and Cressida won't be crying into their pillows at night while Meghan is recruiting an army to right her wrongs.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Yeah, I don't see what her being pregnant has to do with anything. But creating twitter accounts just to hurl abuse at one person seems not only pathetic, but unhinged.
    Hurling abuse at anyone (not just a woman or a pregnant woman) is really bad. But I actually think that abusing a pregnant woman is worse. Stress can cause pregnancy issues for the mother and for the baby. Meghan’s friends made a good point when they said that they were especially worried about the impact of the stress she’s facing on her pregnancy. Even if she doesn’t read the blogs, she knows what people are saying and it’s upsetting her. That plus the stress she’s already under just from her entire life changing as millions watch could raise her stress levels to the point that it sends her into early labor. Not cool.
    sparkles likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

How does she know she is disliked if she doesnt read it ?do you think her servants or her friends or her husband are telling her?and why ? i believe it is more risky traveling for a baby thingie ,than minding anonymous people badmouthing you after you expose yourself so willingly and proudly.
    A*O, SHELLEE, rollo and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    How does she know she is disliked if she doesnt read it ?do you think her servants or her friends or her husband are telling her?and why ? i believe it is more risky traveling for a baby thingie ,than minding anonymous people badmouthing you after you expose yourself so willingly and proudly.
    Judging by the latest pictures, criticisms about the belly cupping have obviously not reached her ears
    effie2 and SHELLEE like this.

Twitter accounts linked to Russian conspiracy theories are 'obsessively' tweeting about the Duchess of Sussex

• More than two million tweets about the Duchess are from 1,000 Twitter accounts
    • Russian conspiracy theory accounts also tweet obsessively about the Duchess
    • Many of the accounts demonstrate 'bot-like activities' according to the study

By JAKE HURFURT FOR THE DAILY MAIL
    PUBLISHED: 00:18, 9 March 2019 | UPDATED: 01:55, 9 March 2019

Twitter accounts linked to Russian conspiracy theories have been 'obsessively' tweeting about the Duchess of Sussex, it was claimed last night.
    An analysis of those said to be in a 'Meghan Markle community', sending Tweets which centre on the Duchess of Sussex, found more than two and a half million messages from 1,000 'highly connected' accounts since September.
    The account with the second highest number of pro-Meghan followers also tweets regularly in support of the Democratic Party in the USA.

+2

More than two and a half million tweets about the Duchess of Sussex came from 1,000 'highly connected' accounts since September

Many of the accounts are thought to demonstrate 'bot-like activities' according to the research, meaning the tweets may be automated by a computer program, reported The Daily Telegraph.
    Consultancy firm 89up, which carried out the research, also found the fourth most shared account in the Meghan Markle community frequently posted content from Russian state broadcaster Russia Today and questioned the truth of the Salisbury novichock attack.

The firm, which has also analysed Facebook data for the Culture, Media and Sport select committee, said the small group had an 'unusually high reach'.
    This comes after the Duchess said yesterday that she avoids social media and newspapers so she does not get 'muddled' by the noise.
    She was speaking at a panel marking International Women's Day at Kings College London.

+2

Speaking at King's College London yesterday, the Duchess said she avoids social media and newspapers so she does not get 'muddled' by the noise

When asked about accusations that her feminism was 'trendy', the Duchess replied: 'I don't read anything, it's much safer that way, but equally that's just my own personal preference, because I think positive or negative.
    'It can all sort of just feel like noise to a certain extent these days, as opposed to getting muddled with that to focus on the real cause.'
    When asked later if she looked at Twitter she replied: 'No, sorry no. For me that's my personal preference.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-Sussex.html
    Shinola likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    and they're only willing to pay someone 22k to do it. LOL!
    Mrs P likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    and they're only willing to pay someone 22k to do it. LOL!
    I totally laughed at the amount offered for that position!
    fgg likes this.

Thread Information