Page 160 of 170 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2537
Like Tree4846Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 2

LOL that story. Nonsense but funny.
    Waterslide, fgg, Novice and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    very,very nice work,though...she looks stunning.
    Thinking the same, if I knew her doctor, sign me up. She doesn't have the pillow face that most plumped faces have.
    effie2 likes this.

The Duke of Edinburgh has voluntarily given up his driving licence just weeks after he crashed his Land Rover which sent two women to hospital.

Buckingham Palace confirmed Prince Philip relinquished his licence on Saturday.

The 97-year-old apologised for his role in the accident after his vehicle hit another car before landing on its side.

Just two days after the crash, the Duke was spotted driving without a seatbelt, sparking widespread backlash.

A statement from Buckingham Palace said: 'After careful consideration the Duke of Edinburgh has taken the decision to voluntarily surrender his driving licence.'

Prince Philip had to be pulled from the wreckage after he pulled out on an A road and hit a Kia, which was carrying a nine-month-old boy, his mother and another passenger.

Two days ago,*Norfolk Police confirmed they were still investigating Prince Philipís crash on January 17 when his Land Rover rolled over after being hit by a Kia.

The accident happened as Philip pulled out of a side road on to the 60mph limit A149 road.

The Duke, who has given a police statement, could be charged with careless driving.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-licence.html
    arie_skop, rollo and fgg like this.

Silver Member

At 97 I sure would want to be chauffeured around, it's not like he has to look into bus schedules or Uber. I wonder if the family took him aside and insisted he give up his license for his sake as well as others.
    Brookie and Sylkyn like this.

He probably did not want to give up his license at all. Driving is a symbol of independence and freedom for some. We had to take away my grandma’s license after she literally ran over two people. She was really bitter about it. She now has Alzheimer’s and has forgotten a lot of things, but she will still mumble about our family taking her license and car away.
    Sarzy, lindsaywhit, effie2 and 9 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

i can understand wanting to drive and do your own thing,i hate being driven by anybody,i take certain roads and shortcuts and they dont.I keep my mouth shut but i foam inside.BUT if i could afford a driver...i really want one!
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Good. I'm glad he's given up. But the fact that this announcement is delayed shows that they had a bit of a fight with him. He was so lucky that the baby in the crash was apparently unharmed and that one of the women had a broken arm, I think, but he didn't write them off.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

About time he stopped driving.

I'm sorry, no 97yo belongs behind the wheel. And QEII is 92yo so I hope her advisors are having the same discussion with her. She has no driver's license to turn in though, lol.
    Novice, Brookie and DawnM74 like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I'm sorry, no 97yo belongs behind the wheel. And QEII is 92yo so I hope her advisors are having the same discussion with her. She has no driver's license to turn in though, lol.
    As Queen & as UK licences are issued in her name she isn’t required to have one. However she learnt to drive during the war & driving tests had been suspended until November 1946; so although she should have had her test, it’s kind of defaulted that she probably doesn’t.

The then-Princess Elizabeth learned to drive a car at a training centre in 1945 while working in the wartime Auxiliary Territorial Service.
    Brookie likes this.

A*O

Few old people would give up their driving Licence, ie independence, without a fight. And knowing Prince Philip’s crusty character I’m sure he put up a lot of resistance. But I also believe he’s suffering from dementia and is a danger to himself and others as was proven in that potentially very nasty accident which I still think was much more serious than the media were allowed to report.

He now lives in a separate (secure?) building on the Sandringham estate so I think he made a dash for it after shaking off his minders and was checking to see if they were following him instead of looking where he was going.
    lindsaywhit and DawnM74 like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

i am sure he is suffering from dementia,he posed with fergie at eugenie,s wedding...lol

Letizia and Felipe in Morocco.

Letizia looks fine and the hubby is getting better with age!
    DawnM74 likes this.

^^^ I find him so sexy!
    effie2 and needmeds like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Thread Information