Page 136 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3352
Like Tree6863Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 2

These articles are going to keep this thread busy lol

I don't know why the late Diana has been brought into this thread again (not by me!) but I disagree that she wouldn't have wanted her boys to be happy and wouldn't have tried to help their wives fit in. This is what's missing for Meghan big time. Also, being close to their wives would have helped Diana's influence and popularity as even giddy Fergie knows.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Meghan Markle's personal assistant handed in her notice after the royal 'left her in tears with her demands', it is claimed

• Melissa Toubati resigned after working with Meghan Markle for just six months
    • A source said it had been easier for them to go their separate ways
    • Miss Toubati had previously worked for X-Factor judges Robbie Williams and Ayda Field

The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, is said to have left her personal assistant in tears with her demands, it has been claimed.
    After working with the royal for just six months, Melissa Toubati handed in her notice because it had gotten 'too much' for the 39-year-old, it is claimed.
    A source close to the matter said: 'Her job was highly *pressurised and in the end it became too much. She put up with quite a lot. Meghan put a lot of demands on her and it ended up with her in tears.

Meghan Markle (left) had reportedly left Melissa Toubati (right) in tears

'She is hugely talented and played a pivotal role in the success of the royal wedding. She'll be missed by everyone in the household.
    'Melissa is a total professional and fantastic at her job, but things came to a head and it was easier for them both to go their separate ways,' a source told the Mirror.

Miss Toubati had previously worked for X-Factor judges Robbie Williams and Ayda Field.
    When she resigned as Meghan's personal assistant, a palace source was authorised to praise her and the role she played organising the royal wedding, which took place in May and attracted many famous faces including Robbie Williams and wife, Ayda Field.

Royal biographer Robert Jobson detailed the run-up to the wedding in 'Charles At Seventy' and had claimed Meghan's wedding preparations had been so stressful that Harry had become 'petulant' with staff.
    'Raising his voice on *occasion, Harry would insist: 'What Meghan wants, she gets.'
    However one royal source leapt to Meghan's defence yesterday and told the Mirror: 'She is simply not afraid to express her opinion.
    'While many find her a little pushy there are many in the royal household who have quickly taken to her.'
    News of the reason of her resignation from the royal house comes amid a myriad of reports about 37-year-old Meghan's behaviour towards members of staff.
    Earlier this week it had emerged that the former 'Suits' star had thrown a hissy fit prior to her marriage to Prince Harry as she was unhappy with the 'musty' smell in St George's Chapel. It was alleged that she had demanded air fresheners in Windsor Castle, but that courtiers had rebuked her.
    It has also been claimed that Meghan can be rather demanding of staff, and it has been rumoured that she emails requests to staff in the early hours of the morning.
    However, Miss Toubati is not the first to have been left in tears by the new royal, as it has also been claimed that her head-on approach had led to a fall-out with the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton.
    The 36-year-old had reportedly been left in tears by Meghan's demands over Princess Charlotte's bridesmaid dress.
    There could be truth in such rumours as Kensington Palace has now revealed that Harry and Meghan are now set to move to Frogmore cottage in Windsor and will no longer be neighbours with Kate and Prince William.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ant-tears.html

'Her Majesty has seen it all': Royal insiders urge Meghan to turn to the Queen to guide her through troubled times - using Sophie Wessex as her role model

• Meghan, 37, has reportedly fallen out with Kate and been demanding with staff
    • Insiders are urging Meghan to turn to the Queen, 92, for advice
    • Sophie Wessex had difficult start in family, but forged strong bond with Queen
    • Her Majesty is reportedly open to lending Meghan support and advice

She's reportedly experienced a rift with the Duchess of Cambridge and is enduring uncomfortable rumours about being demanding with staff.
    But according to royal insiders, the Duchess of Sussex, 37, could easily navigate her way out of these troubled waters by using her husband's aunt Sophie Wessex as her role model.
    According to The Sunday Times, courtiers have been citing Sophie, 52, as an example of someone who endured a difficult beginning in the royal family, but is now one of its stalwarts after building a close bond with the Queen.
    And sources say that the monarch is open to lending her support to pregnant Meghan.
    'Her Majesty has seen it all and could offer the duchess some helpful advice at the moment,' an insider said.
    'Meghan would do well to nurture that relationship and pop over for the occasional cup of tea with the Queen. That is what Sophie Wessex has quietly done so well.'

The Countess of Wessex, 52, pictured on a visit to the Royal Victoria Country Park in Netley earlier this month, has cemented her role as a stalwart of the royal family by courting a close relationship with the Queen

Rumours about feuds and demanding behaviour, may not put Meghan in a flattering light, but the Countess of Wessex experienced her own fair share of bad press in her early days.
    She continued to work in public relations, following her marriage to Prince Edward, but things began to unravel following an indiscreet business talk Sophie had with a Middle Eastern man whom she believed was a potential PR client.

Chatting in a London hotel about the famous people she knew, in hope of securing a £240,000-a-year contract, she affectionately described the Queen as 'the old dear' and the Queen Mother as 'the old lady'.
    The potential 'client' was in fact an undercover News of the World reporter.

The Duchess of Cambridge, pictured with Meghan at Princess Eugenie's wedding, was reportedly left in tears by Meghan's demands during a bridesmaids dress fitting for Princess Charlotte

In light of these indiscretions she scaled back her commercial work and took up the mantle of royal duties full time in 2002.
    She's since become incredibly close to the Queen and will regularly visit her for a chat, and bring along her children James and Louise to watch TV with the monarch.
    'She has built up that relationship, now they are incredibly close and discuss everything. Meghan doesn’t need an invitation — this is a family, after all,' a source said.

Sophie, pictured with the Queen at Ascot in June 2018, discusses 'everything' with the monarch, after becoming one of her closest confidantes

The Duchess has already shown signs of a positive relationship with the Queen, with the two women seeming to get on famously during their first official engagement together.
    In June - a month after she married Harry - Meghan and the monarch carried out a day of engagements in Cheshire.
    The former actress was seen giggling and whispering into the Queen's ear while watching a children's performance at the opening of a new bridge across the River Mersey in Widnes, while Her Majesty beamed happily.

The Duchess of Cambridge, 36, was reportedly in tears after a fraught fitting for the bridesmaids dress Princess Charlotte wore to Harry and Meghan's wedding in May (pictured)

Speculation has been mounting about the tensions between the Cambridges and Sussexes after it was revealed that Harry and Meghan are moving from Kensington Palace to Frogmore Cottage in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
    Insiders have claimed, that a rather ‘dictatorial’ Harry has been throwing his weight around, aggrieved that neither his brother nor courtiers and servants have been ‘rolling out the red carpet’ for Meghan.
    It has been suggested that Meghan has been brusque with servants and that her exacting wedding preparations led Kate to burst into tears following a bridesmaid fitting for daughter Charlotte.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...d-rumours.html

Last edited by dowcat; December 2nd, 2018 at 09:11 AM.
    rollo likes this.

"T„o estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguťm suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

So they've come up with a couple of Diana substitutes who might help Meghan fit in - the Queen or Sophie. Not Anne or Fergie. LOL. Will she listen and will she be bothered to bond with them? She obviously needs a lot more support than she is getting in her new country and I include Harry in that because he's obviously given her the wrong script to follow so far.
    weathered1 likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I remember when all that crap happened with Sophie. I also thought that the Queen was already making sure that Meghan transitioned into what's expected of her?

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    . what curse word is "b*****ked" supposed to be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Bollocked.
    I swear, I was reading BUTTFUCKED and I was so confused!!! LOL
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I have to wonder how much of this is the result of simple misunderstandings because she's American and used to being more upfront and it's coming across less than positive?

Naturally dumbass Harry isn't going to be any help here. If he even notices. Yes I think he is likely that clueless until someone knocks him over the head.
    BITTER likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I swear, I was reading BUTTFUCKED and I was so confused!!! LOL
    no wonder it was censored
    gas_chick likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I wonder why we’ve never heard anything negative about Catherine?

I doubt she’s been perfect either.

Someone seems to have it out for Meghan and I really doubt it’s because she’s the awful person that the British press is making her out to be.
    Oh come on, she was known as "Waity Katie" and a laughing stock of British tabloids for at least 5 years. Then once she married in and started having kids she became lazy. Not to mention all the criticism about how she was essentially raised to hunt down Will. Meghan is just fresh meat and there's someone actively leaking information so it's more prominent right now.

I agree with Nevan that what bothers me the most about all of this (if it's true) is that Will, Harry and Kate always seemed to have such a great relationship. When together they always appeared approachable, having a good time, engaged, etc. I kept saying to myself, "No way would Harry marry someone Kate didn't like" but if issues began right before the wedding, what can you do I guess. There definitely is a different aire about the three of them since Meghan has come into play. I do wonder how much of it is cultural - but it also isn't surprising to hear that an American actress (even if she is like what, C list as far as acting goes?) would be a nightmare to deal with.
    Sarzy, redcat, twitchy2.0 and 8 others like this.

This too shall pass...
    DawnM74 and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

so much fun!!!!!!!lol
    lindsaywhit and sputnik like this.

Isnt Harry giving Meghan any advice . Or just let's her have everything.

Christmas at Carole’s? Mrs Middleton reveals Charlotte and George will have their OWN Christmas trees and there'll be a vegan option amid rumors Kate and Wills will spend Christmas Day at hers in wake of Meghan 'rift'

• Carole Middleton will host family at home in Bucklebury, Berkshire, this year
    • Mother-of-three, 63, has Christmas trees in each of her grandchildren's rooms
    • Flexitarian will be serving up a traditional meal and a vegan option this year
    • Kate and William are set to skip Queen's Christmas festivities at Sandringham

In December 2016, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (pictured attending Christmas mass at St. Marks Church in Englefield with George and Charlotte) made the rare step of skipping Christmas at Sandringham with the Queen. Last year, they were all smiles as they joined the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in Norfolk (centre) for Meghan's first royal Christmas. However, this year they're expected to head back to Carole's Berkshire home, amid rumours of a rift with Harry and his pregnant wife. The Middleton matriarch, 63, has given a rare interview, revealing how she's been planning the festivities since Halloween, and will lay on individual trees for George and Charlotte to decorate, as well as themed wrapping paper and champagne at lunch.

Carole Middleton has opened up about the warm welcome the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children are set to enjoy this year when they visit the family home in Berkshire over Christmas.
    Dedicated grandmother Carole, 63, has plenty of trees around the £4.7million mansion in Bucklebury and her grandchildren Prince George and Princess Charlotteeven get their very own fir each in their bedrooms 'so that they can decorate it themselves', the Telegraph reported.
    She also has one 'fashionable' tree with a clear theme, another filled with baubles from over the years and a final tree her children can decorate however they please.
    The royal couple will also have a vegan options for their festive meals since Carole has turned flexitarian, while the Middleton matriarch's attention to detail extends to choosing a theme for the gift wrapping.
    Kate and William are not expected to spend the entire festive season at Sandringham with the Queen this year, amid rumours of a frosty atmosphere between the Cambridges and Prince Harry and his wife Meghan.
    And the Middleton home is set to provide the perfect escape from any ill-feeling and the formality of the royal celebrations.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attending Christmas mass at St. Marks Church in Englefield with George and Charlotte when they made the rare step of skipping Christmas at Sandringham with the Queen

Carole Middleton, pictured in London in October, is set to host the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at her Berkshire home this year during the Christmas period

Happy couples! The Camrbdiges and Sussexes were all smiles as they attended church at Sandringham on Christmas Day in 2017, but rumours have emerged in recent weeks of a rift between the foursome

Georgian splendour: Carole and Michael Middleton's pile in Bucklebury, Berkshire where they moved in 2012 and will host family members, including two future Kings, over the festive period

But Carole is certainly well prepared, with the self-described 'list-maker' admitting she began her planning just after Halloween - and even comes up with a theme for wrapping paper, such as all-red or a focus on the ribbons.
    On the day, the family usually head off to church in the morning before going on a walk ahead of opening their presents.

Lunch is smoked salmon with champagne, before the full Christmas dinner in the evening - with guests being treated to a vegan option this year.
    Carole told the Telegraph: 'I’ve recently gone vegan. Or maybe that should be flexitarian.

The doting grandmother has a tree in each of her grandchildren's bedrooms for them to decorate

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, pictured last year, will have to wait until after going to church and going for a walk to open their presents if they spend Christmas Day at the Middletons

Carole, pictured with her husband Michael earlier this year, will be serving up a traditional meal along with a vegan option, having recently turned to a plant-based diet herself

'If I go to someone’s house for dinner, I’m not going to make a fuss. For Christmas, I’d probably have two options – very traditional and something vegan.'
    The family will enjoy plenty of mince pies, mulled wine and mistletoe - Carole's Christmas essentials - and then open more presents in the evening.
    Speaking about her Christmas planning, Carole added: 'Don’t get hung up on perfection. Often it’s the mistakes that make things memorable.'
    While most of the Queen's children and grandchildren and their families go to Sandringham, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expected to go spend some of the Christmas period with the Middletons this year.

In a recent interview on German TV, Kate's brother James hinted that he's expecting a full house this year, saying: 'For me it's all about family. It's one where we can all regroup.'
    In 2016, William and Kate broke with tradition by spending the festive season with the Middletons rather than joining the Queen in Norfolk.
    At the time experts said the decision was made to put the needs of George and Charlotte, who were then three and 18 months, first and give them a more relaxed experience rather than the formality of Sandringham.

Kate and Pippa's younger brother James opened up about looking forward to champagne and turkey with the family in an interview with German TV channel Leute Heute last month

Another reason for the Cambridge's to have an escape from the royal festivities is a rumoured frostiness with Prince Harry and his pregnant wife Meghan.
    The couple spent Christmas with William and Kate at Anmer Hall - William and Kate’s country home near Sandringham - last year, but sources claim there was a 'ghastly' row between the couples.
    A royal aide said that ‘Kate had a quiet word with Meghan’ for being rude to a member of staff, which 'escalated rapidly after Meghan complained to Harry that she had been “told off”.'
    ‘He took her side, while William defended Kate, who was five months pregnant with Louis and certainly didn’t want this sort of confrontation.’

'My biggest fear was losing them': Carole Middleton reveals she's always put her family first to ensure the clan remains tight-knit - including her 'lovely' son-in-law Prince William

In her interview with The Telegraph, Kate's mother spoke of her delight that her family has remained close over the years and described son-in-law William as 'lovely' in a rare interview.
    Carole Middleton, whose grandson Prince George is the future king, described herself as 'normal' and a 'hands-on' mother and grandmother, and said family comes first in her life.
    The 63-year-old, who is celebrating 30 years of success with her Party Pieces family business, said her family is 'paramount', adding: 'They come first and that will always be the case, even when I have more me time.'
    She added: 'My biggest fear (as her offspring grew up) was that I'd lose my family, but we've stayed close. '
    Referring to William and her daughter Pippa's husband James Matthews, a hedge fund manager, she said: 'I have two lovely sons-in-law and I hope I'll have a lovely daughter-in-law.'

Carole Middleton, 63, has admitted that she feared her family would grow apart as her children got older, but is delighted that they're still so close. Pictured: With her husband Michael, daughter Pippa and son-in-law James at Prince Louis' christening at St James's Palace in July

Prince George and Princess Charlotte are likely to be spending Christmas at their grandmother's home in Berkshire this year, rather than at Sandringham with the Queen

Mrs Middleton also recalled Kate and William's wedding at Westminster Abbey in 2011 when she and her family had the eyes of the world on them for the televised event.
    She said: 'Like every mother, I wanted to look my best, make my children proud and enjoy the day.
    'I honestly don't think I was any more stressed than any other mother-of-the-bride.'
    While she admitted that it might not be 'normal' to most people to attend events with the Queen, such as Prince Louis' christening, she insisted that these are effectively just 'family' occasions.
    Mrs Middleton, mother to Kate, Pippa and James, and grandmother to George, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis and Pippa and James Matthews' new baby Arthur, said she believes structure and discipline are important for children early on in life.

Carole insisted that she wasn't more nervous than any other mother-of-the-bride would be when her daughter married Prince William at Westminster Abbey in April 2011

Giving an insight into her parenting, and perhaps grand-parenting, she told the magazine that children need routine, saying: 'You can't suddenly start teaching them about politeness at 13. You have to do it from the start.'
    Giving a glimpse into what a Middleton family Christmas looks like, she described visiting church on Christmas Day, followed by a walk, then smoked salmon and champagne for lunch before the main meal in the evening.
    However, acknowledging the needs of the little ones in her growing family, she added: 'With young grandchildren, maybe we'll move that forward and have it at lunchtime.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...stmas-Day.html

"T„o estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguťm suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

I seriously doubt that the Cambridges are even allowed to miss the annual Christmas parade in Sandringham. I imagine that is a required event for the family.

But, what do I know. My only real knowledge of the royals is from this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    Isnt Harry giving Meghan any advice . Or just let's her have everything.
    They all have a team of advisors to help ensure that this sort of thing doesn't happen, they just need to listen to them (like Wills doesn't.....)

Didn't they spend Christmas at the Middletons the other year too?
    Edit - yeah it's in the article
    "In 2016, William and Kate broke with tradition by spending the festive season with the Middletons rather than joining the Queen in Norfolk"

Thread Information