Page 135 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3352
Like Tree6863Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 2

A*O

Madam Meg must have seriously pissed someone off as staff are usually 100% discreet, often in the face of outrageous royal tantrums. But a golden rule is not to give another person’s staff a bollocking. Very bad form. Clearly she just doesn’t “get it” yet and while I’m sure there are plenty of people trying to help her through the protocol minefield, I’m guessing she’s not ready to listen. Unwise. The obvious person to set her straight is her dopey husband but he seems completely besotted and no use at all.

If there is a rift between Meg and Kate I’d bet it’s because Kate was asked to be a bit of a mentor and Meg doesn’t like being told what to do. The whole process of joining the royal family is a lot more complex and challenging than learning a TV script. I did warn this might happen.

And if she thinks she can waltz back to Hollywood and resume her “career” she’s deluded.
    BelledeJour, Nevan, Sarzy and 3 others like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I think she thought she can have whatever she wanted,tiara or place to live or spraying the church,just because hubby cannot deny her anything.All he had to do is act like a spoiled brat and he had his way.I am sure senior royals had much more info than we do,but if they insisted on his not marrying her,first they will be accused as racists and second,given harry,s popularity there would be public uproar.ai think she played the public to win people,s support and have one more strong card to play.but the firm knows how to handle this..this couple is not as popular as diana was anyway .We all know what happened with her.I think Lizzie is doing the right thing.They,ll stay at Frogmore ,do much less *work*stay out of limelight and away from the cameras.Then she might understand her limits and accept the place given to her.She cannot change anything,this is not her job.She can have kids,buy clothes ,live nicely,make an visit when needed and keep her trap shut.That is what she bargained for.She can also keep harry happy and out of trouble.Palace did not ask for a reformer..just a wifey Ginger fancied!
    arie_skop, rollo and DawnM74 like this.

Well, damn. The bloom fell off the rose pretty quickly on this one. I know Harry's dim, but if this measure of nonsense is being leaked, then her level of stupidity is epic. It wouldn't have taken much - just a bit of friendly humility and excitement. A bit of, "I have lots of ideas, but please help me navigate and tell me how I can be most helpful."

You know what irritates me the most? Her fucking family is no doubt wallowing in ecstatic 'I told you so' delight. No matter how far Meggie falls - they are still a nightmare.

Let's hope Meg can learn and grow to be the kind of Royal she certainly can be.
    DawnM74 likes this.

I can only imagine the look on the Queen's face when she was told that Meghan wanted to hose down her own church with fake scents! As someone said earlier, if she was that worried, I would have spent a bit more on my flower budget and the church would have smelled better naturally. It's a musty old church, what did she expect it to smell like???

If all this is true, I am Team Kate. It seems only natural to ask Kate to mentor or guide Meghan as her sister-in-law. But it sounds like Meghan thinks she's the star of this show, and while she might be a bit popular now with her wedding and pregnancy in short order, Harry is no longer even close as the spare heir. It also bothers me that she seems to have come between Wills, Harry and Kate. Whenever you saw Wills, Kate and Harry together (pre-Meghan), they always seemed to genuinely enjoy being together for YEARS.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

MM didnt like the smell of the chapel? lol geez, does she even understand or appreciate the chapel's history. Someone in the palace doesnt like her with all this information coming out now. The latest article by Lainey is interesting about the leaks.

MM thought she would have an easy life with the Royals and do whatever she pleases. She misread the "script".

She's deluded, if she thinks she will make a movie (again). Though I don't recall any movie roles besides acting in Suits.
    DawnM74 likes this.

the former actress "b*****ked" a member of her staf
    . what curse word is "b*****ked" supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    . what curse word is "b*****ked" supposed to be?
    Bollocked.

thanks, I didn't know either.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

I was wondering that, too! Thanks, Flygirl for asking and Sarzy for answering

I wonder why we’ve never heard anything negative about Catherine?

I doubt she’s been perfect either.

Someone seems to have it out for Meghan and I really doubt it’s because she’s the awful person that the British press is making her out to be.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I wonder why we’ve never heard anything negative about Catherine?

I doubt she’s been perfect either.

Someone seems to have it out for Meghan and I really doubt it’s because she’s the awful person that the British press is making her out to be.
    The knives were out for Catherine for the longest time, right up until Harry and Meghan's engagement was announced. Now she's apparently without fault. Even her mother Carol is being built up as a good and loyal friend to the Royals whereas before she was blamed for everything from pushing her daughter on a prince to social climb and sucking up all the grandparent time and leaving Charles with nothing.

I don't ever recall it being quite as bad as they are giving it to Meghan though.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I think they just would accuse Kate of being lazy and not wanting to work. Or, not working enough. I tend to give her a mental pass, personally, bc she's been pregnant or with a baby for 5 years now. Her pregnancies were terrible and I get the desire to actually be at home with your kids when they were young.

Kate had it bad for years before she married William. Remember all the lazy Kate stories out there. I don't recall reports of mean or diva like behavior, though.
    czb and rollo like this.

A*O

The media may be giving Kate and Meg a hard time but it’s nothing compared to the misery Diana, the mother in law from Hell, would have put them through. Nobody would have been good enough for “her” boys and as she grew older and her looks faded then her younger “rivals” would have been made to suffer. In that sense both duchesses have dodged a bullet because St Diana was a master manipulator and leaker.
    czb, twitchy2.0, redcat and 9 others like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I read an article about Diana years ago in Vanity Fair. What you said above, A*O, is exactly how they described Diana, but people that knew her well. She could work the press like no one else and knew exactly how to manipulate it to her best interest.
    arie_skop, sparkles and DawnM74 like this.

Elite Member

Hunt for Palace mole who revealed news of rift between Kate and Meghan

“This newspaper has learned from one of William’s closest friends that the Prince had doubts about how suitable Meghan might be as his brother’s bride – and that he voiced them.

It is understood William’s concerns reached the ears of the Queen and, more pertinently, of Harry himself. One member of William’s circle told the MoS: ‘The problem is that the Cambridges felt things had moved very quickly between Harry and Meghan. Wills particularly was worried and felt close enough to Harry to voice his thoughts.’“

https://www.dailymail.co....ews-rift-Kate-Meghan.html
    rollo likes this.

Thread Information