Page 125 of 224 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3352
Like Tree6863Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 2

Cute pix, but sheesh, his hands!!!!
    dowcat, Mrs P and arie_skop like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

A*O

^^^ This is a great pic. They all actually look happy.
    Mrs P and gas_chick like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Louis is adorable. The cutest of all the kids

Meghan Markle TAX NIGHTMARE: Is Meghan’s ROYAL income TAXED by American government?

MEGHAN Markle married into the British royal family earlier this year, but the Duchess of Sussex is still considered an American citizen and has to pay tax accordingly.

By AMALIE HENDEN

PUBLISHED: 20:15, Sun, Nov 18, 2018 | UPDATED: 20:22, Sun, Nov 18, 2018

Is Meghan’s royal income taxed by the American government?

Despite marrying into one of the most famous British families, Meghan is still an American citizen. And the Duchess of Sussex is now facing a tax nightmare as US officials are looking into whether Meghan and husband Prince Harry owe the American government a slice of their fortune.

Because of her marriage to the British Prince, both the Duke and Duchess of Sussex tax returns to the US are being looked into.
    This means the royal power couple may have to pay tax on not only Meghan’s $5million (£3.9million) but also Prince Harry's main source of private wealth, a yearly £300,000 trust fund on which he pays UK income tax.
    Prince Harry’s money comes from a £20million inherited trust fund from Princess Diana and the Queen Mother.

Even Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles’ finances could face scrutiny under the American tax rules, because they provide funding and support for the couple.

Royal aides told the Sunday Express: "We're looking at a level of financial exposure the Royal Family has never had to face before.

“It's the royal household's worst nightmare."

Guidance notes to US citizens like Meghan state: "You are generally taxed on income available to you, regardless of whether it is in your possession."

This means it’s not only the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’ money that will be taxed.

Meghan Markle's jewelleries may also be subject to tax return

Their jewellery and designer outfits are also subject to tax return.

Even the couple’s home, Nottingham Cottage in Kensington Palace, will be looked at.

One former aide explained: "Everything has to be declared.

“That means a level of fiscal openness and scrutiny the Royal Family are not used to.

“There is a very comfortable relationship between the Palace and the HMRC where the Royal Family volunteers to pay some tax and the taxman is very grateful."

Buckingham Palace will reportedly recruit a team of US financial experts to assist with Meghan's tax returns.

The Duchess of Sussex is currently on a Leave to Remain visa, an immigration status granted to a person who does not hold the right of abode in the UK, but who has been admitted to the UK without any time limit on his or her stay and who is free to take up employment or study.

Kensington Palace said of Meghan’s visa: "Ms. Markle has taken full legal advice on her right to remain in the UK and will be fully compliant with all requirements at all times.

“She will go through the normal visa process.

"Ms. Markle intends to become a British citizen going through the normal process, which will take a number of years."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...n-royal-income

Despite marrying into one of the most famous British families, Meghan is still an American citizen. And the Duchess of Sussex is now facing a tax nightmare as US officials are looking into whether Meghan and husband Prince Harry owe the American government a slice of their fortune.

Because of her marriage to the British Prince, both the Duke and Duchess of Sussex tax returns to the US are being looked into.
    This means the royal power couple may have to pay tax on not only Meghan’s $5million (£3.9million) but also Prince Harry's main source of private wealth, a yearly £300,000 trust fund on which he pays UK income tax.
    Prince Harry’s money comes from a £20million inherited trust fund from Princess Diana and the Queen Mother.

Even Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles’ finances could face scrutiny under the American tax rules, because they provide funding and support for the couple
    What garbage. Obviously, as long as Meghan is a US citizen, she will have to pay whatever taxes on her income are due, but why would Harry owe any US taxes on his UK trust fund?

Maybe I'm just dumb about tax law, but this just looks like another nonsense article on a slow news day for the Daily Mail.
    mostroop, fgg, twitchy2.0 and 4 others like this.

I don't know much about tax law either, but a quick google search told me that it's likely as BS article, at least where Harry is concerned.
    lindsaywhit and twitchy2.0 like this.

A*O

Yeah, Harry will have all kinds of protection and an army of accountants/lawyers to enforce it. If Megan has US assets she’ll have to cough up.

Edit: Her best option would be to renounce her US citizenship (as a British Royal maybe she should anyway?) so she’s no longer liable for US tax. Added bonus - her grasping family would have less access too.
    Last edited by A*O; November 19th, 2018 at 05:51 PM.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Oops. I didn't claim my UK earnings to the US. Good thing it was a cash only family business.

Harry and Meghan to move to royal Windsor estate where Wallis Simpson is buried: Duke and Duchess ditch Kensington Palace 'after tension with Wills' for cottage at Frogmore House

• Harry and Meghan will move to Frogmore Cottage, in the grounds of Frogmore House at the Windsor Estate
    • The retreat will provide the much-needed space to raise the couple's first child, which is due in the spring
    • MailOnline previously reported that the couple want to move away from neighbours William and Kate
    • There are reports of 'tension' between the brothers, who currently hold joint court at Kensington Palace
    • An apartment in the palace with an adjoining door to William's was recently refurbished costing £1.4 million
    • Insiders believed Harry and Meghan would move there but they shunned the 21-bed flat for Frogmore Cottage
    • The Royal Burial Ground where King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson are buried is located on Frogmore Estate
    • Simpson preceded Meghan as the first American divorcee to marry a royal, causing Edward's 1936 abdication

By MIRANDA ALDERSLEY FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 09:31, 24 November 2018 | UPDATED: 13:38, 24 November 2018s

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are moving out of their London home and relocating to Frogmore Cottage in Windsor to raise their first child just a stone's throw from where they were married, Kensington Palace disclosed today.
    Harry and Meghan currently live in Nottingham Cottage in the grounds of Kensington Palace, and it was previously thought they would take a spacious main apartment inside the palace in preparation for the arrival of the baby, due in the spring.
    But despite £1.4 million renovations being completed last month, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will shun the previously earmarked apartment in favour of the cottage on the Windsor Estate, which their statement described as a 'very special place' for the couple.
    Frogmore Cottage, a gift from the Queen to Harry and Meghan, offers a nursery for the baby and ten bedrooms, compared to just two at Nottingham Cottage. Coincidentally, it is part of the estate where King Edward VIII and his wife Wallis Simpson are buried.
    Wallis preceded Meghan as the first American divorcee to marry a royal, but while Meghan has been enthusiastically received by both the royal family and the British public, Wallis and Edward's relationship caused an international scandal and a constitutional crisis, forcing Edward to abdicate the throne in 1936.
    Meghan, 37, and Harry, 34, are also said to be keen to move further away from William and Kate, who live in a 20-room apartment inside Kensington Palace.
    The royal brothers feel it is time to end their joint court, amid reports of 'tension' between them.

+21

Frogmore Cottage, in the grounds of Frogmore House, which is located in the royal Windsor Estate in Berkshire

+21

The newly married Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, leaving Windsor Castle after their wedding to attend an evening reception at Frogmore House

With Harry set to become a father for the first time and William already a father of three, the brothers are seemingly ready to concentrate on their own separate households.
    ‘Harry and Meghan want to move, and need more space, but they don’t want to live next door to William and Catherine', the Mail reported last week, citing a royal source.
    'There is no reason why their London home has to be at Kensington Palace. There are plenty of other options, including using their own money to buy their own place,' the source told Richard Eden.
    'Catherine and Meghan live very different lives, and that is likely to become more marked over time,' the source added.

+21

+21

American divorcee Wallis Simpson, later the Duchess of Windsor, whose intention to marry King Edward VIII caused the abdication crisis in 1936. The couple married on 3 June 1937

+2

The graves of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, Edward and Wallis Simpson, at Frogmore Burial Ground near the cottage where Harry and Meghan will live from early next year

Kensington palace said in a statement today: 'The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will move to Frogmore Cottage on the Windsor Estate early next year as they prepare for the arrival of their first child.
    'The couple have lived at Nottingham Cottage since their engagement last year.
    'Windsor is a very special place for Their Royal Highnesses and they are grateful that their official residence will be on the estate.
    Kensington palace said in a statement today: 'The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will move to Frogmore Cottage on the Windsor Estate early next year as they prepare for the arrival of their first child.
    'The couple have lived at Nottingham Cottage since their engagement last year.
    'Windsor is a very special place for Their Royal Highnesses and they are grateful that their official residence will be on the estate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6423965/Harry-Meghan-leave-Kensington-Palace-make-new-home-Frogmore-House.html
    dowcat likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    What garbage. Obviously, as long as Meghan is a US citizen, she will have to pay whatever taxes on her income are due, but why would Harry owe any US taxes on his UK trust fund?

Maybe I'm just dumb about tax law, but this just looks like another nonsense article on a slow news day for the Daily Mail.
    Its just to rile the british public up. Never, ever forget just how racist those twats at the Daily Fail are.
    Megan is the best thing to happen to the Royal Family in y-e-a-r-s.......

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post

+21

Frogmore Cottage, in the grounds of Frogmore House, which is located in the royal Windsor Estate in Berkshire

Thats very pretty, much nice that living at Kensington Palace (IMHO).

Well, the setting is appropriate.

I don't blame him really. I love my brother, but my head would explode if I lived any closer to him than I already do.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Yeah, I'm sure the royal accountants didn't investigate this prior to the marriage and protect Harry's money. Because duh. They dumb.

I don't know. I feel something is going on. It's very inconvenient not to live in the capital city if you are a royal. Harry is used to living in London and Meghan is used to living in Toronto. Maybe they will keep Nottingham Cottage or have some other rooms in London where they can live before/after events even though they can fly everywhere I guess. They already have a rental in the Cotswolds. Why do they need two places in the country and no official residence in London?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

They live in 20 rooms flats,its not like they share a 4 bedroom one..Maybe the wives are not getting along and they need space.I just hope the brothers are as close as ever..
    BelledeJour, arie_skop and fgg like this.

I dunno - connecting door???

Big Will & Katie have a place in the country for the kids & Megan is pregnant so maybe they are looking at having their “own” place to be a “normal” family.

Or maybe Waity Katie is a total bitch in private & lords it over Megan & they can’t wait to get out of there, who knows???
    If my mate’s dad hadn’t been barred for taking hubby out & getting him hammered I might have been able to get more gossip, but she did & he was & now I have nothing.... soz x

I see that although it’s outside the M25 it’s only 20 miles from Kensington Palace. I appreciate that given I commute 700 miles/week for work might skew my view, but it’s not like it’s *that* far....

Thread Information