Page 119 of 224 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3352
Like Tree6863Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 2

so meghan wanted the emeralds ,granny kept them for her granddaughter,meghan got pissed so she wore a pregnancy coat at the wedding and announced said pregnancy the same day!then eugenie,s daddy said his daughter has more friends than harry,so there!dont you just love it?

The Royal Baby advantage

Posted by Lainey9:17 AMNovember 9, 2018

Prince William and Catherine were at The Tusk Conservation Awards last night. Also last night, the Prince Charles 70th birthday documentary on the BBC. With a cameo that everyone’s talking about. But first…let’s recap.
    As we’ve been analysing over the last few weeks, during Prince Charles’s media month, some of these comments made by royal “sources” about Princes William and Harry could be read as royal paternal checks to their egos. Prince William was called “a little grand”, a “micromanaging control freak” who doesn’t like to be overshadowed, and Prince Harry, as discussed in the previous post, is emotional and has his own outbursty moments too, sometimes over tiaras.
    If there actually is drama here, and if the court of the Prince of Wales is pulling a power play, what can his sons do about it? Well, back to that cameo appearance – here’s a photo that we’ve never seen before that showed up during the broadcast last night:
    View image on Twitter

That’s Trey, aka Prince Louis, reaching out to his grandfather. Trey looks a LOT like Big G when Big G was that size, non? Trey, like his big brother before him, is officially a chunk! Will and Kate are reportedly, and understandably, very particular about how much and often their children are seen. It was their court that would have had to clear this image. This is a favour for dad. To let the public see what Charles is like with his grandchildren, to go along with all those details we’ve been hearing lately about how much fun it is when he’s playing with them. This is the royal baby advantage. No matter what the gossip, people’s eyeballs always turn into heart emojis when the royal babies come out.
    Another royal baby is on the way, just as the Clarence House and Buckingham Palace courts might be checking William and Harry and their wives, if that is indeed what’s happening, with stories about Sussex tiara tantrums and Cambridge posturing. But can any of that pettiness hold up when the babies are in the room? Babies always get the headlines. Babies and princesses. Charles knows this well. He’s known it since he got married the first time.

Princess Eugenie Dazzles in Emerald Tiara From Queen Elizabeth's Collection

Updated: Oct 12, 2018 10:04 am
    By Mary Grace Garis

Yes, Princess Eugenie looked radiant in her gown during the royal wedding, but we honestly couldn't take our eyes off her beautiful tiara. After months wondering whether she'd wear one at all, the princess arrived with the glittering Greville emerald and diamond tiara, an heirloom from the queen's own jewelry collection, as her "something borrowed."

We've been fascinated with the royal family's diadems throughout the years: It was hard not to fall in love with Princess Diana in her statement-making gown and Spencer family tiara on her wedding day. And we can't imagine Queen Elizabeth II without her magnificent Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara. That's why it was a treat to see Eugenie sporting such a magical tiara!

The Stories Behind the British Royal Tiaras

These headpieces aren't just wonderful to look at. There's plenty of history within those clusters of diamonds, rubies, and emeralds, and as the gems are passed down from generation to generation they become a token of familial love. However, not all of the British royal tiaras have been passed down. Some are combinations of jewels repurposed by Garrard & Co., which was the court jeweler from 1843 to 2007.

Though we may never actually be able to get a real-life sneak peek at the royals' crown collection, we at least have photos. Feast your eyes on their glistening headwear and hear all about each tiara's amazing legacy below.

1 of 13
    Getty Images

Greville Emerald Tiara

Princess Eugenie went without a veil while wearing this stunning tiara for her wedding to Jack Brooksbank. The Greville tiara was made for Dame Margaret Helen Greville in 1919 and was passed down to Queen Elizabeth, but had rarely been seen before Eugenie's nuptials.

2 of 13
    Getty Images

Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau Tiara

Meghan Markle wowed the crowds on her wedding day with the stunning Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau Tiara. The headdress belonged to Queen Elizabeth's grandmother, Queen Mary, who bought the diamond-studded tiara from Garrard in 1925. Queen Elizabeth’s sister, Princess Margaret, also wore the bandeau at past events.

3 of 13
    Getty Images

Belgium Sapphire Tiara

This piece is made up of Victorian-era gemstones that were gifted to Queen Elizabeth as a wedding present from her father, King George VI. Originally a decadent necklace and earring set, the queen decided to give her jewelry a royal makeover in the '60s. She purchased a sapphire necklace that belonged to Louise of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, a Belgian princess, and in combining her gemstones had this true blue masterpiece created.

4 of 13
    Getty Images

Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara

Without question, this is the queen's signature tiara, which was passed down with a whole lot of love from her grandmother. It was originally a wedding gift for Queen Mary, who married King George V way back in 1893. When it was Elizabeth's turn to get married in 1947, Mary passed down the royal wedding tiara, much to Liz's delight. Hearsay is that she lovingly referred to it as "Granny's tiara." And now that Queen Elizabeth is long a grandmother herself (and a great-grandmother, no less), it feels fitting that it's become her mainstay.

5 of 13
    Getty Images

Burmese Ruby Tiara

The Burmese Ruby tiara is also comprised of wedding gifts for Queen Elizabeth. The diamonds came from a different tiara given to the queen by the Nizam of Hyderabad. The rubies are from, you guessed it, Burma. Rubies are meant to signify good health, and the 96 rubies in this tiara were meant to guard the wearer against the 96 afflictions that can hurt the human body. Due to Elizabeth's long reign, we'd be willing to believe that the rubies have worked their magic!

6 of 13
    Getty Images
    Brazilian Aquamarine Parure Tiara

In 1953, on the eve of her coronation, the queen received a sparkling necklace and earring set from the president and nation of Brazil. Set in platinum and decked out with diamonds, the starring gems in these pieces were the stunning slabs of aquamarine. Over the years, Brazil gifted a bracelet and brooch to go with it. In 1957, the queen commissioned the court jeweler to complete the set with a diamond-and-aquamarine tiara. The queen just loves to match, and we completely respect that!

of 13
    Getty Images

Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara

As a favorite of the queen's and another coronation gift, this piece has Russian roots. It was an anniversary gift for Elizabeth's great-grandmother, Queen Alexandra, who wanted something a little different (she commissioned a crown in line with a traditional Russian headdress). Her inspiration? Her sister Empress Maria Feodorovna, known affectionately as "Minnie" by friends and family.

8 of 13
    Getty Images

Spencer Tiara

There are two tiaras that Diana is best known for, but let's take a moment to appreciate the Spencer tiara, an heirloom in Diana's family. Diana was originally loaned the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara from her mother-in-law-to-be. However, she decided to honor her own legacy with this stunning and understated beauty, a swirl of diamonds fit for the beautiful princess.

9 of 13
    Getty Images

Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara

However, the aforementioned tiara was definitely Lady Di's favorite when it came to the royal family. A combination of diamonds and pearls from Mary's personal collection, the Lover's Knot was commissioned by Queen Mary and passed down from Elizabeth to Diana. Unfortunately, the heavy combination of jewels hurt Diana's head, so she was seen more regularly with the lighter Spencer tiara.
    Following Diana's divorce, the loaned piece was returned to the Buckingham palace vault. But its legacy continues: Kate Middleton has taken the tiara for a twirl on at least three occasions!

10 of 13
    Getty Images

The York Diamond Tiara

The York tiara doesn't get as much attention as Elizabeth and Diana's headdresses, but it's the go-to crown of Sarah "Fergie" Ferguson, the Duchess of York. Hearsay is that the tiara was a wedding gift from the Queen, who commissioned it from Garrard upon Fergie's marriage to Prince Andrew. Though the couple divorced in 1996, the tiara hasn't left Fergie's famed red hair since the split.

11 of 13
    Getty Images

Countess Sophie's Wedding Tiara

There isn't really a formal title here because, well, the Countess seemed to march to the beat of her own drum when creating her wedding diadem. The piece, made up of three prominent diamond leaflets, doesn't have an extensive traceable history. The most commonly held belief is that it's constructed by pieces from Queen Victoria's circlet. And though some may believe there's a certain lack of artistry in the bold piece, it's absolutely beloved by the Countess of Wessex. She's only been seen in one other tiara her entire time as a royal!

12 of 13
    Getty Images

Cartier Halo Tiara

Like her late mother-in-law, Kate Middleton went with a tiara that displayed delicate elegance on her wedding day. The story is that it was a gift from King George to Queen Elizabeth before (a starter tiara, if you will). But while the queen favors larger pieces, this looks perfectly at home on Kate — and still regal in every way.

13 of 13
    Getty Images

Lotus Flower Tiara

The Lotus Flower tiara is a piece very of its time. It was originally commissioned for the Queen Mother, converting it from a necklace she received as a gift during her 1923 wedding. It hasn't gotten a whole lot of use, but Kate decided to wear it for a Buckingham Palace banquet, pairing it with a stunning red gown.

https://www.womansworld.com/posts/royal-tiaras-152201

I'll take the emerald one all day long.
    effie2, Mrs P, arie_skop and 3 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Good. I want that sapphire one. And "Trey"????
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

They're all stunning, but I kind of prefer the ones that look like a headband then the pointy crown ones...
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

A*O

That aquamarine set is so clunky and dated. I’ve never liked it. I’m not mad about the Burmese rubies either. Coloured stones just don’t seem to work so well in tiaras, including Eugenie’s cyclops emerald.
    czb and palta like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

i like the one sophie wears..
    czb likes this.

I think Sophie's is the ugliest one and Fergie's is the best one.

Taken in July at Buckingham Palace during the RAF 100th anniversary celebration.

Sarzy and fgg like this.

Sophia's tiara looks cheap as hell, like she got it at Claire's. The aquamarine one is pretty tacky too.

I prefer the rounded headband ones too. I think the Spencer tiara is my favorite and I also pove the Cartier one too.

I think the emeralds on Genie's are really pretty and I think the fact that they're smooth makes it modern and it has/will age well whereas the cut colored stones just cheapen the piece.

I could look at and read about royal jewels all day.

I read earlier that Kate and Meghan had a limited selection to choose from since they weren't royal by birth and were not being gifted pieces like Fergie before them. Eugenie was allowed to choose from all the pieces that aren't being worn by the Queen.
    Mrs P and BelledeJour like this.

Emeralds are more rare and expensive than the common diamond. Team emeralds.

Silver Member

My favorite tiaras, the Oriental Circlet and the Strathmore Rose are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    That aquamarine set is so clunky and dated. I’ve never liked it. I’m not mad about the Burmese rubies either. Coloured stones just don’t seem to work so well in tiaras, including Eugenie’s cyclops emerald.

Generally i I agree about colored tiaras but that Belgian Sapphire is working for me. Or maybe it’s just that fabulous necklace HMQ wears with it.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information