Page 115 of 224 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3352
Like Tree6863Likes

Thread: Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 2

That's scary. Especially when pregnant when you feel like you couldn't run if you had to.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Princess Mette-Marit of Norway diagnosed with lung disease
    The Royal Court of Norway has announced that Princess Mette-Marit has been diagnosed with chronic pulmonary fibrosis. The statement from the Royal Court, which was released on Wednesday, read: "The Crown Princess has undergone extensive investigations related to her health and an unusual variant of fibrosis has been detected in the lungs, according to the Crown Princess’s doctor, Professor Kristian Bjøro at the National Hospital. It is not yet clear whether the pulmonary disease is linked to a more extensive autoimmune disease process or if there are other causes that underlie the lung changes."The 45-year-old Crown Princess has also released an accompanying statement, saying: "For a number of years, I have had health challenges on a regular basis, and now we know more about what these are in. The condition means that the working capacity will vary. The Crown Prince and I choose to inform about this now, partly because in future there will be a need to plan periods without the official program. In connection with treatment and when the disease is more active, this will be necessary." She added: "Although such a diagnosis in times will limit my life, I’m glad that the disease has been discovered so early. My goal is still to work and participate in the official programme as much as possible."

According to the British Lung Foundation, pulmonary fibrosis is a term that covers many different conditions that cause scar tissue to build up in your lungs.The Princess had to cancel her official engagements in Spring to undergo minor surgery, although it wasn't confirmed what the surgery was for.

^^^Can't edit that post.

Sad news, even if she she has an unusual, slowly progressing variant of pulmonary fibrosis, getting this diagnosis at such a young age is really scary.

^I had a neighbor with a progressive lung disease that caused scar tissue in the lungs. She'd smoked most of her adult life. The last few years of her life (especially the last year) she went downhill at an alarming rate. She passed, I believe, in July of a year in which she'd been hospitalized at least 3 times. She was on oxygen 24/7 with a mobile/portable tank for the better part of that last year. Sure, at 75 she was much older than Mette Marit, but up until she was about 72, she barely had any problems.
    Last edited by HWBL; October 25th, 2018 at 03:50 AM. Reason: typo
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

And there’s no cure?

ETA: she could be a good candidate for a lung transplant, although that is not without risks...poor Mette. Haakon seems devoted to her, so I know that she’ll only get the best medical treatments available.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

That's just awful.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

When the Duchess of Sussex announced she was travelling to Tonga while pregnant, eyebrows were raised about the dangers of the Zika virus.
    The world need not have worried, it appears, after it emerged the Tongan authorities sprayed the rainforest she was visiting to clear it of mosquitoes ahead of the royal visit.
    The principal of Tupou College, where the Duke and Duchess on Friday unveiled two new dedicated areas of preserved rainforest, said the health authorities had sprayed an unspecified chemical in the area twice in the two days preceding the arrival of the royal couple.
    As they visited the school and its talented choir, the Duke and Duchess were treated to a performance of a song about mosquitoes, complete with actions and buzzing sound effects from pupils.
    The tune left the Duchess, who is around four months pregnant and has taken medical advice about the Zika virus ahead of her trip, in irrepressible giggles.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...sussexs-visit/

A*O

Even royalty are mortal and get sick. I’m sure she’ll get the best medical attention available.
    BITTER likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Harry & Meghan Day 15: “What Meghan wants”

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex visit the North Shore to dedicate a 20-hectare area of native bush to The Queen's Commonwealth Canopy and participate in "wellie wang" on October 30, 2018 in Auckland, New Zealand 326428
    Almost there. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have just completed their second-to-last day of events on their first overseas tour. They visited the Northshore Riding Club where they competed against each other in a “wellie wang” (tossing rainboots), and planted a tree for the Queens Canopy, and met with Pillars, an organisation working with children of prisoners, and there was a walkabout, and then a reception at the Auckland Museum War Memorial.

My Photo Assumption tells me that Harry and Royal Meghan seem more energised the last couple of days, like a second – or third – wind. A few days ago you could read the exhaustion coming off of their bodies. They can feel it now though, the end of the trip, and as I predicted, they saved a lot of charm for New Zealand. Charm and belly-cupping. It’s almost as though the belly-cupping has to get its passport stamped in every country.

In other Sussex news though…

Have you heard about this biography of Prince Charles? Charles at Seventy: Thoughts, Hopes, and Dreams was written by royal reporter Robert Jobson who’s been at it for thirty years and who travelled with Prince Charles on official tours for 18 months doing research for the book. Excerpts are being released by the Daily Mail. The point is that this isn’t some random sh-t. The suggestion here, although they don’t say it outright, is that much of what’s in the book is likely endorsed by Charles himself, which is why a lot of the information is presented quite favourably – at least from Charles’s perspective. Like all the details about Princess Diana and what went wrong in their marriage, sympathetically laid out to describe Charles as someone who acknowledges he made a mistake in marrying her but who insists that he did not do her dirty, that she was unpredictable and volatile and should bear equal responsibility in their failed marriage.

While it’s not surprising that Charles, who hopes to be getting closer and closer to finally becoming king, is trying to give himself a makeover where Diana is concerned, it is curious what we’re hearing in this book about his relationship with his sons. Apparently, over the years, his bond with them has been strained at times. They supposedly resented him for being away so much. His intention, according to the biography, was to give them the space to be independent. And Charles was apparently hurt last year, during the 20th anniversary of Diana’s death, that William and Harry did not consult him or make much mention of him and how he supported them when they were doing interviews remembering their mother.

For the most part, Harry comes out looking better than William. Robert Jobson writes that Charles and Harry have become closer because of Charles’s warmth towards Meghan and her deference towards him. Sources say that Meghan is known to seek Charles’s advice (OF COURSE that would flatter him) and that Meghan has encouraged Harry to spend more time with his father, perhaps because hers hasn’t exactly been, you know, helpful. This, perhaps, explains why it was Charles who stepped in for Thomas Markle at the wedding – the implied background being that they’ve grown close behind the scenes.

That said, we all remember, holy sh-t, the drama that led up to the wedding. And the stress that Harry and Meghan would have been experiencing. Robert Jobson says that both Harry and Meghan went to acupuncture together and that Harry was pretty aggro during that time and at one point would snap at his aides, “What Meghan wants, Meghan gets!”

If you are a Royal Meghan hater, you’re now thinking she was a bridezilla. If you’re not a Royal Meghan hater, you’re like, yeah…and? The eyes of the world were on her, anyone would want it to be perfect. Whether or not you’re a Royal Meghan hater, what’s clear here, once again, is that he’s infatuated with her. From the time of the Love Shield, when he released that statement scolding the media for their treatment of his then-girlfriend, what Harry feels for Meghan is probably much more intense that what his dad felt for his mother. Which is probably not a point that they hit too hard in this book. Next: what Robert Jobson says about William

https://www.laineygossip.com/prince-...yal-tour/51187
    Waterslide likes this.

Prince William: “a little grand”

Posted by Lainey12:18 PMOctober 30, 2018

As mentioned in the previous post about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, royal reporter Robert Jobson has written a new biography about Prince Charles (Charles at Seventy: Thoughts, Hopes, and Dreams) and remember, he researched the book over 18 months while travelling on official tours with the future king of England so… presumably… there was at least *some* access. Which is why there’s been interest in what’s been revealed, especially, at least for me, what he has to say about Prince William – and why.

Here are William and Catherine today at Basildon Sporting Village in support of Coach Core. Last week I wrote about how William might be reacting to Harry and Royal Meghan’s successful first trip overseas, the crowds that are turning out for them, and their international popularity. There’s long been speculation that William does not like being overshadowed. And per excerpts in the Daily Mail, Robert Jobson’s book seems to support that theory:

William may be Charles’s heir, but he’s extremely competitive with members of his family when it comes to media coverage — although he gives the impression it doesn’t concern him.
    In reality, it does. Take Meghan and Harry’s appearance in Cardiff on a royal engagement in January.
    It was a time of peak interest in the couple. Intriguingly, William — who was also on a royal engagement — chose the same day to display a new and dramatic buzz cut hairstyle. As a result, Harry was not the only royal prince featured in the following day’s papers.

The two brothers get along well most of the time. William was happy, for instance, for Harry to pursue his passion for helping injured servicemen by setting up the Invictus Games.
    As far as William is concerned, Harry is aware that his brother is Number One in the royal pecking order.
    Many members of staff, even operators on the Palace switchboard, are aware that William can be ‘difficult’ or ‘a little grand’.

“A little grand”!

What does that “grandness” look like when, in comparison to his brother, he’s repeatedly called “dull” and “lazy”? There are
    rumours that William and Harry will be separating their courts soon to have their households run independently of each other. Will House Sussex be expected to dim its shine so that House Cambridge can remain in the spotlight?

And, perhaps even more intriguingly, what does it mean that this gossip is included in Robert Jobson’s book? Again, the suggestion here is that Robert spent time with Prince Charles and has written a sympathetic book that attempts to soften Charles’s reputation. The assumption in some circles is that, while he’d never admit to it, it comes with Charles’s subtle endorsement. So… is he checking his sons, specifically his direct heir? Is he telling William about himself? Is he telling William to get over himself?!

https://www.laineygossip.com/prince-...-charles/51188
    Waterslide likes this.

It will be interesting to see how the royal family will operate once William and Kate have their own office, away from Meghan and Harry.

I think Meghan and Harry are more interested in acting like celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    That's scary. Especially when pregnant when you feel like you couldn't run if you had to.
    Not to nit pick, but why wouldn't she be able to run? She's pregnant. Not handicapped. I'd bet the farm she's logged hours of weekly cardio since becoming an actress, if not before.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

^ I think it's because of the crowds

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I think it was less about security and more about the heat and crowds on top of residual jetlag making her feel like she was going to faint or throw up. They'd rather have her hustled out of there on a security pretext than have the world's press catch her redecorating the scenery with her breakfast.
    Geest, lindsaywhit and Sassiness like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

So when they say the sons resented Charles being "away so much" they forgot to add "with Camilla."
    lindsaywhit and Brookie like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Thread Information