Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: 'I'm in a sport that wasn't meant for black people': Serena Williams hits out

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    Not every athlete who uses PED's looks like it.

There isn't a lot of need for rapid muscle growth in tennis. Mainly because it not only looks out of place, but is going to be bad on your knees, due to all of the lateral movement involved in the sport. Nadal *cough* Nadal *cough*.

There is also EPO, which can make can help improve your cadio by leaps and bounds, if you train hard enough.
    There doesn't need to be a link between tennis and rapid muscle growth, she has a very varied training schedule that has nothing to do with tennis but with building overall fitness. And, speaking as a former fitness fanatic who never used any kind of drugs in regular life nor in sports, some people just get muscular very quickly. I think I have the same metabolism as Serena has. Way back when I was doing work-outs with 2 pound weights, people at the gym would come up to me to ask what kind of programs I did to achieve my build. When I'd walk up to the rubber weights they'd all think I was shitting them, not believing I was not working out with the heavy, iron, free weights because my biceps were already showing so much. I just showed quickly. I, too, never was dry, always had meat on me. Big thigh and calf muscles, too, despite barely doing leg exercises with weights, only stretches and warm-up floor exercises like the ones used before skiing or skating.
    All bodies react differently to exercise, just look at the difference between Venus and Serena who, especially in the beginning of their career, had the same training methods, yet had and have a totally different build.
    Sorce likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

I didn't say anything about her build making her look like a roider.

Her out of her mind performance this year at an advanced age for a tennis player is what makes her look like she's probably a walking pharmacy.

I think her build is indicative of PEDs - either roids or HGH or both. Both would benefit a power game. The fact that tennis doesn't have year-round, random PED testing is pretty bad.
    Heidi Ho, joebob and Jazzy like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think her build is indicative of PEDs - either roids or HGH or both. Both would benefit a power game. The fact that tennis doesn't have year-round, random PED testing is pretty bad.
    And that ladies and gentlemen concludes the dicksuction.
    joebob likes this.

I didn't say anything about her build making her look like a roider.

Her out of her mind performance this year at an advanced age for a tennis player is what makes her look like she's probably a walking pharmacy.
    You didn't?

Not every athlete who uses PED's looks like it.

There isn't a lot of need for rapid muscle growth in tennis. Mainly because it not only looks out of place, but is going to be bad on your knees, due to all of the lateral movement involved in the sport. Nadal *cough* Nadal *cough*.

There is also EPO, which can make can help improve your cadio by leaps and bounds, if you train hard enough.
    That's the part I responded to:

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    There doesn't need to be a link between tennis and rapid muscle growth, she has a very varied training schedule that has nothing to do with tennis but with building overall fitness.
    All bodies react differently to exercise, just look at the difference between Venus and Serena who, especially in the beginning of their career, had the same training methods, yet had and have a totally different build.
    Even "out of one's mind" performances can be achieved naturally, when everything comes together at just the right moment you don't need enhancing drugs. Plus the thought that she could get a record probably also influenced her mental state and by that, her adreneline levels. But, they're usually short term. Only when you can keep on repeating at such a high level for sustained periods of time, which she didn't, without much adjustments to your training schedule and methods, things become questionable.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hoping some goats milk will settle this argument once and for all.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    You didn't?

That's the part I responded to:

Even "out of one's mind" performances can be achieved naturally, when everything comes together at just the right moment you don't need enhancing drugs. Plus the thought that she could get a record probably also influenced her mental state and by that, her adreneline levels. But, they're usually short term. Only when you can keep on repeating at such a high level for sustained periods of time, which she didn't, without much adjustments to your training schedule and methods, things become questionable.
    My comment was in response to your comment suggesting that, that was why I said what I said. This isn't about her look. Even tho she does not pass the eye test IMO. It's about the fact that she is dominating everyone in sight while nearing her mid 30's.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It's a common fact that any athletes pro career is on a limited time frame,a gymnast is ancient by 22... a swimmer retires before 30... This is sport!! for her to be on point at her age..(she getting help) it's unquestionable...and I'm not Denying she is probably the best tennis player of all time.....but Gurlllll pls!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Ho View Post
    Hoping some goats milk will settle this argument once and for all.
    Was waiting for someone to pull out this bullshit. It's insulting and just fucked.
    HWBL likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Was waiting for someone to pull out this bullshit. It's insulting and just fucked.
    Really Eliza??
    Cause p.c ain't my thing.
    joebob likes this.

This is just my opinion, I know nothing of sports, but in my thinking---she's speaking out against racism in tennis, about what's wrong in its structure in how sports treats black women, so I really doubt she'd risk not only career suicide, but also for everything she's said to be discredited by her taking steroids. If she's proving herself, and saying that black women need to be taken seriously in tennis, to take steroids would mean that all those who don't care about black women in tennis (or sports) would be able to say, "see? we didn't have to listen to her all along". IDK, she seems much too dedicated and outspoken to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    This is just my opinion, I know nothing of sports, but in my thinking---she's speaking out against racism in tennis, about what's wrong in its structure in how sports treats black women, so I really doubt she'd risk not only career suicide, but also for everything she's said to be discredited by her taking steroids. If she's proving herself, and saying that black women need to be taken seriously in tennis, to take steroids would mean that all those who don't care about black women in tennis (or sports) would be able to say, "see? we didn't have to listen to her all along". IDK, she seems much too dedicated and outspoken to do that.
    Hey, there was a top athlete who was a cancer survivor and denied taking PEDs for 20 years and his performance at his later ages was somehow due to something special about him. Anybody remember his name?
    idunno, joebob, Jazzy and 3 others like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Lance,with one ball! Ha
    joebob likes this.

I was thinking about him. But idk, that she's making statements about how she's been insulted and discriminated against, to risk discrediting it all with steroids doesn't seem likely. But neither does taking them with cancer, so what do I know.
    HWBL and Jazzy like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh who even cares!!! Internet is not life...ok maybe it is to people with 5,000 posts...cause then time gone ya know,on what...this ol thang??
    Haters gonna hate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information