Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Idina Menzel Defends Her New Year's Eve Performance

Please, give me a break, she sounded great. Did they listen to Mariah??
    JazzyGirl and MohandasKGanja like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't get it. I just listened to it, and she sang the hell out of that song. I'm not a fan of the song but the notes you have to hit on it would have knocked out most other singers. I'll also give her credit doing it when it was in the mid-twenties outside. That will mess up your vocal chords.
    I know several people who sing, both for a living and for pure pleasure, and the cold air will definitely knock you off your game. I wonder if part of the problem these days is that we are so used to most performances, even live ones, being electronically adjusted to eliminate any naturally occurring flaw or wobble that we think it's a bad job when someone does sound real.
    MohandasKGanja and czb like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I think the song is cute, I am by no means an expert and have only heard it a few times but if I recall correctly the range is quite varied, can't imagine it being sung perfectly every time, and in the cold.

I remember seeing one of my favorite vocalists live, (one woman show) the first note she hit of one song was so bad she burst out laughing, and stopped the band. She just shrugged, said hey it is what it is, hummed a few notes, asked for the key again and said thank goodness I have the luxury of starting that one over!

Sucks to end a bad note.

I've never heard the song before so I just YouTubed it. I like it, I think I want to see the movie now.
    sluce likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I like the song and the movie. It was nice to have Disney develop a character who overcame adversity by relying on her sister, rather than waiting for a Prince to save the day.
    Flygirl and Kittylady like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

^^^ ITA.

i'm not in love with the song on its own, but like it while watching the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I like the song and the movie. It was nice to have Disney develop a character who overcame adversity by relying on her sister, rather than waiting for a Prince to save the day.
    Yes, which immediately led to a radio pastor attacking Disney for its homosexual agenda, accusing them of promoting a lesbian relationship.

What a fool. They are sisters so they were promoting an incestuous agenda. Get it right!! LOL
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information