Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Ice T, Wife Coco Expecting a Baby, Rapper to Be Dad Again at 57

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I think it's gross as hell but whatever, she's not the only one doing this. Somehow moms these days expect the kid to just push the boob away by itself one day and stop. Just get the kid a pacifier, ffs, who is this really for? Moms need to let their kids grow up.
    She is too old for a pacifier. It isn’t good for the teeth. I think even a 1 year old is too old for a pacifier.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ I don't like them at all. Each to their own but we never had them as kids as Ma Kitty said she didn't see the point of giving us a habit that she would later have to try and break. My cousins had them and my youngest cousin would have a total meltdown if my aunt didn't have his ready for him when he came out of school. I think they were both seven or eight when they finally stopped having them at bedtime.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^
    Some infants find pacifiers very soothing, and some studies indicate their use can reduce SIDS.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Dark Jr Never took to a pacifier. I could put one in his mouth and he'd suck on it for a few seconds and then spit it out like "wtf is this?"
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Dark Jr Never took to a pacifier. I could put one in his mouth and he'd suck on it for a few seconds and then spit it out like "wtf is this?"
    My son did the same. I think they look cute on little babies. I had put one in my sons mouth, hurry to take a photo, then he’d spit it out.
    Sleuth likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Mine hated the pacifier until I weaned him. Then it was full on unti almost 3 years old when we made him quit

I'm just saying a pacifier might be better than still hanging from mommy's boobs at age 4 ffs
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Who does she think she is, Lysa Arryn?
    nico and faithanne like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Mine was the same. Hated the pacifier but definitely sucked his thumb. My daughter loved her pacifiers. We made them both quit by 3 for fear of bad teeth. She's 8 and already has braces...so who knows.My personal opinion is that when your kid is old enough to be going to preschool they probably should quit the boob and the pacifier. But, whatever works for their family is their business. It doesn't hurt me either way.
    Sarzy, Kittylady and lindsaywhit like this.

She's still breastfeeding Ice T, it's a family get together at the titty bar. So what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    She's still breastfeeding Ice T, it's a family get together at the titty bar. So what's the problem?

Sorry, couldn't resist - just too perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    It's one of those times when you wish you could delete someone else's comment
    fgg, czb and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    Your bum has feelings, your bum is a part of you
    Donít put it on chairs, your bum has an opinion, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Mine was the same. Hated the pacifier but definitely sucked his thumb. My daughter loved her pacifiers. We made them both quit by 3 for fear of bad teeth. She's 8 and already has braces...so who knows.My personal opinion is that when your kid is old enough to be going to preschool they probably should quit the boob and the pacifier. But, whatever works for their family is their business. It doesn't hurt me either way.
    Just a question but how come she’s in braces when she has only just started getting her adult teeth?
    We have weird teeth (double or none in some areas) & the orthodontist over here said there is no point getting braces til all/most of the adult teeth are through as the other teeth can move as the other teeth come through.

She only has 4 braces on the top and 4 on the bottom - the center 4 teeth. Basically her pallet was too small and they had to put in an expander in order to gain space in her mouth - this was after we had to pull 3 teeth. Poor kid. She also has a cross bite in the back as well as a pretty large overbite. Her canines were coming in sideways (we pulled the 3 baby canines she hadn't yet lost - the 4th was forced out from other teeth due to crowding). The orthodontist is fixing some issues now and she'll only have them for about 18 months. When she's bigger and has all of her adult teeth they do a second round of braces for another 12-18 months to fix the rest of her issues.

I think dollar signs were shooting out of her orthodontists eyes when he saw her mouth.

Moral of the story - I should have let her suck on a pacifier forever because her mouth couldn't have been worse even with my forcing her to give it up by 3.

My son - 10 - will get them later as he only has a overbite and the ortho says that is an easy fix, probably more like your schedule when more adult teeth come in.
    Novice likes this.

Oh dolem your poor kid!!!!

My nephew had something similar and my cousin had double canines iirc I think the ortho did a study & wrote a paper on the treatment.
    I was more “bog standard” canines came in sideways so they made space then straighten everything else up. Top and bottom.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information